Elite breakfast is a buffet on Solstice. I like this better

fstuff1

16 hours ago, someguyfl said:

Just throwing my $0.02 in ... I just earned Elite status after my last cruise and haven't actually experienced the Elite breakfast yet...

With that said, given what I've read... If there's no protein (minimum of eggs or yogurt), I don't see the point at all. I'd love a quick and easy buffet option reserved for elites which is a bit less hectic than the OceanView Cafe... but I can't be the only person who has to control their blood sugar by keeping it relatively low carb, and it seems like there's zero option for me on the Elite breakfast menu.

Elite breakfast buffet on Reflection

pastries, salmon and cream cheese etc

meat and cheese,fruit,yogurt

6D7C1DC2-D7B8-4E1D-850E-D3B8A2C2A1D2.jpeg

478D149F-CB5C-42E3-89F0-16F9AA86F7E4.jpeg

11F05E41-C776-4D12-A9A1-651C73D608E4.jpeg

AADC913A-DDF3-43C3-AA70-C3E3745E6A05.jpeg

• Like 4

We typically enjoy a hot breakfast with waiter service.  We have breakfast in Coastal kitchen on S and E class ships.  If  just a quick light breakfast, enjoy the captains club, tuscan grill breakfast.  Prefer it served by the waiter as when I see guests not using tongs or putting food back, it doesn't make the food look enjoyable.  Don't dine at buffets either- 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You are confused.  There is no Coastal Kitchen on any Celebriy ship

Coastal Kitchen is the suite restaurant on Royal Caribbean Oasis and Quantum class ships.  I think he just confused it with Luminae  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 1:20 AM, fstuff1 said:

hm.. the seating area in the oceanview cafe buffet is carpeted

But not the serving areas which is the critical part as far as US regulations are concerned.

Conforming to the US regulations  is also the reason that the popular brunch in the MDR was discontinued.

When the Elite Breakfast is “pre plated” the options are only suggestions the staff will happily make the plates how you want 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 3:25 PM, someguyfl said:

Just throwing my $0.02 in ... I just earned Elite status after my last cruise and haven't actually experienced the Elite breakfast yet...

With that said, given what I've read... If there's no protein (minimum of eggs or yogurt), I don't see the point at all. I'd love a quick and easy buffet option reserved for elites which is a bit less hectic than the OceanView Cafe... but I can't be the only person who has to control their blood sugar by keeping it relatively low carb, and it seems like there's zero option for me on the Elite breakfast menu.

We have our eggs first and then go for a relaxing quite beverage/ Last week there was papaya and mango daily so I had this with nice cheese

On 10/25/2023 at 2:25 PM, someguyfl said:

I do ok there  with blood  sugar/ carbs.. Usually .1/2 bagel,  lox, tomato, and there is a nice variety of protein   meats, cheeses. I think they used to have hard boiled egg..no more apparently?  Pastries etc are not on my plan!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:53 AM, Cruise a holic said:

We typically enjoy a hot breakfast with waiter service.  We have breakfast in Lumanie  on S and E class ships.  If  just a quick light breakfast, enjoy the captains club, tuscan grill breakfast.  Prefer it served by the waiter as when I see guests not using tongs or putting food back, it doesn't make the food look enjoyable.  Don't dine at buffets either- 

I guess I am sailing too much.  We rotate from Celebrity to Royal!  LOL.  However I prefer waiter service as my remark about buffets stands!  

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 10/25/2023 at 2:42 PM, doghog said:

If you don't have the CBP or the PBP the Elite style breakfast is great for Bloody Marys, Mimosas, and Bellinis.  And for those that like specialty coffees. 

I'm not a huge drinker, but I love a bellini, so between this and happy hour, I chose to just get the non-alcoholic refreshment package.

On 10/25/2023 at 4:09 PM, DaKahuna said:

I agree with you.  This is why we do not attend it very often. 

Give me two eggs over easy, a slab of country ham, and some grits any day over donuts and pastries. 

Though as my fellow @2chiefs said, we have seen cold cuts available in the Elite Breakfast buffet in the past  We only went once on our last cruise and I cannot recall if they had cold cuts or not.  I believe they did but cannot swear to it. 

On 10/25/2023 at 4:09 PM, DaKahuna said:

I agree with you.  This is why we do not attend it very often. 

Give me two eggs over easy, a slab of country ham, and some grits any day over donuts and pastries. 

Though as my fellow @2chiefs said, we have seen cold cuts available in the Elite Breakfast buffet in the past  We only went once on our last cruise and I cannot recall if they had cold cuts or not.  I believe they did but cannot swear to it. 

I must confess, I like going to the omelette station on OV and ordering either my egg omelette or eggs Benedict exactly the way I want it (yup, I am standing there supervising 🤣) and then getting it piping hot!  ( I do not deal well with sugar overload first thing in the morning.). 

On 10/25/2023 at 6:59 PM, hcat said:

Elite lite  bkfst..  limited selection, no cooked meals but  it is usually much  quieter..fewer  people,  calmer.. mimosas other  bkfst coffee drinks..Fresh coffee.. Cap Club Rep usually there. 

Either way..plated selections served by waiter or  a buffet spread. we prefer it unless we want waffles. 

Our main assignment is in BLU but sometimes the Lite breakfast us all we want and is quicker..

9 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Give me a cappuccino to go from Al Baccio, hot eggs benedict, fried potatoes, beans, and some corned beef hash from OVC with an outdoor table and to me that tops everything. 

I agree ... On my last cruise, I was in a Suite ... and found myself preferring OVC for breakfast over Luminae.

Luminae had excellent quality and service of course, but the variety at OVC was much more to my liking. I found it great having access to Herring which I greatly enjoyed when I was in Germany, but is almost never served in the USA... as well as various other international choices.

I can get an Omelette and Yogurt with Fruit anywhere ... And even when that's what I wanted, OVC was much quicker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

Give me a cappuccino to go from Al Baccio, hot eggs benedict, fried potatoes, beans, and some corned beef hash from OVC with an outdoor table and to me that tops everything. 

I'll pass on the potatoes and beans but with you the rest of the way -- also add Bailey's to my al Bacio coffee americano. 

2 hours ago, someguyfl said:

I agree ... On my last cruise, I was in a Suite ... and found myself preferring OVC for breakfast over Luminae.

Luminae had excellent quality and service of course, but the variety at OVC was much more to my liking. I found it great having access to Herring which I greatly enjoyed when I was in Germany, but is almost never served in the USA... as well as various other international choices.

I can get an Omelette and Yogurt with Fruit anywhere ... And even when that's what I wanted, OVC was much quicker.

You can ask for your herring in Luminae.  I like that the food in Luminae is brought to me and I do not have to fight in line and then walk half way around the aft end of the ship to find a seat while my hot food cools down.  

I find the staff in Luminae most accomodating to any reasonable request. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:41 PM, the penguins said:

But not the serving areas which is the critical part as far as US regulations are concerned.

Conforming to the US regulations  is also the reason that the popular brunch in the MDR was discontinued.

When the Elite Breakfast is “pre plated” the options are only suggestions the staff will happily make the plates how you want 

I don’t eat melon, and usually ask if they can find papaya or mango, which they are usually able to source from one of the other locations. I enjoy this along with the berries that are typically served on the fruit plate.

in the old days, there was a separate area in the MDR that had the eggs, omelets, etc. You could still order mimosas, Bellinis , Bloody Mary or specialty coffees. Think I prefer the new way, much quieter and very attentive service.

Getting  ready to try out Ascent on one of the shakedown cruises, so will be interested to see how they have this set up. I am sure there will be a lot of Elites and up on this one.

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2023 at 4:21 PM, cruisestitch said:

Look again…..There’s meat, salmon, cheese, yogurt.  Just no cooked food like eggs or omelettes

AE26DF8A-7889-497C-900D-553D7478BBF7.jpeg

Anyone have a picture of the Ultimate Platter? Feels like too much food for two!