Refit Pics

GaryEssex

Great pictures thank you. I first thought the first pictures is of the Pavillion Pool- but then I also saw the cabin dividers. The process of removing the old cabins started already on the way from Quebec to New York, the whole aft area of Deck 8 port side was blocked off, including the laundry room. Masses of debris from the old cabins have been offloaded in Brooklyn.

Not sure if the fit in new Britannia Cabins or if the Grills get expanded. The deckplan for my next planed voyge - June 2024 shows all the cabins in that area with the same layout.

3 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Not sure if the fit in new Britannia Cabins or if the Grills get expanded. The deckplan for my next planed voyge - June 2024 shows all the cabins in that area with the same layout.

I hope Britannia because we are on deck 8 next October for a round trip.

10 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I doubt they would put Grills or Club cabins on Deck 8, as all of those balconies are obstructed by the lifeboats - I can't imagine that people would pay a premium for Grills/Club only to have their view be primarily bright orange. 

There are a few non-obstructed cabins (Including QG) on Deck 8. 

23 minutes ago, NE John said:

There are a few non-obstructed cabins (Including QG) on Deck 8. 

36 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I doubt they would put Grills or Club cabins on Deck 8, as all of those balconies are obstructed by the lifeboats - I can't imagine that people would pay a premium for Grills/Club only to have their view be primarily bright orange. 

There are at least a couple of QG accessible balcony cabins on deck 8 and they not obscured. I have also had a non obscured balcony on deck 8. 

On 10/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, MylesS said:

I wonder if they may be introducing more Queens or Princess Grill suites in various parts of deck 8 based on that first photo? Could explain why they've removed the walls?

Just had confirmation from a 'source in marketing'  that they are not recategorising any staterooms or introducing  new ones . I'm wondering if those photos have anything to do with upgrading the bathrooms ?  ie Glass shower doors etc 🤔  That might might make sense, as staterooms/suites whatever you want to call them, are part of a fixed module .  

Edited to add;   I'm pleased to see they are ripping up those awful corridor carpets they always looked Faded . They were supposed to give the 'illusion' of walking out of your cabin onto a sandy beach with the tide rolling in . That was ok if one occupied an outside cabin - those in an inside stepped into the sea. lol    

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, transatlantic fan said:

We are on the first cruise on 16th November in a aft  stateroom on deck 8.

So will soon find out.

Photos and feedback  immediately please . 😉

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, david63 said:

Bit extreme ripping out the whole cabin just to replace a shower door!

You are correct, but as we understand it this is how staterooms/cabins are 'these days', they are all part of a fixed module . I believe they were in the building of the QM2  ?  

44 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

they are all part of a fixed module

They are - but any of the "fixed" items can be replaced individually without having to replace the whole module (unless that needs to be done for some other reason) as is evidenced when something gets broken or when a ship has a major refurbishment of cabins/suites.

Excellent photos, thanks for posting.

The total removal of cabins is curious.

I’m not aware of something so drastic being done in other ships if the plan is simply to replace them with the same type.

Colin Cameron may have a point, perhaps severe issue or damage in the section necessitates it.

9 minutes ago, transatlantic fan said:

Cunard have just called me telling us the aft cabins on deck 8 are not now available due to essential maintenance for the 16th November short cruise.

Are looking at trying to upgrade us. But are trying to stick us in BC on deck 12 forward with adjoining doors.

Will update when I know more

Shouldn’t it be up to them to rehouse you?

Just an observation when running around the deck l usually get in around 18 laps-2o laps before jumping in the pool then change for beer and evening meal . It does have a bit of a fruity aroma at the port end of deck 7 that seems to emanate from above. Is it some serious plumbing problem that needs to be fixed rather than a cabin refurb?

• Like 1