It's Very Entertaining to Scan Back Through Old Princess Threads!

Rick&Jeannie

But sometimes, newbies just joining CC, may not know that a particular subject or question has already been asked/answered.  Do people do a "search" first, then ask a question; or simply just post the question. 

25 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Now I'm curious.  When did the CC message boards first start? Are the threads from the very beginning available?

I heard it started on AOL.  I joined CC in 2001.  At some point, after about 4 years, they changed their website and it wiped out everyone's post count.  Everyone started again at 1.  I doubt the threads before the change are available.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I heard it started on AOL.  I joined CC in 2001.  At some point, after about 4 years, they changed their website and it wiped out everyone's post count.  Everyone started again at 1.  I doubt the threads before the change are available.

Well, there are about 7000+ pages just in the Princess section. 

43 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I was on a fantasy football/general discussion message board in the early 2000s that did the same thing and wiped-out post counts.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth over that change was unbelievable.  And this was a board of mostly "football guys"...

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

But sometimes, newbies just joining CC, may not know that a particular subject or question has already been asked/answered.  Do people do a "search" first, then ask a question; or simply just post the question. 

I’m sure many people do a search first, but I find search engines on forums are usually weak. I use Google for the topic with CC at the start of my query and it usually works well.

It’s also amusing when you see the long threads that veer so completely off topic by the end. It’s like the telephone game. 

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

I was on a fantasy football/general discussion message board in the early 2000s that did the same thing and wiped-out post counts.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth over that change was unbelievable.  And this was a board of mostly "football guys"...

I remember some people had something in their signature saying how many posts they had before!

People don’t change.  And new customers—always new customers (which is a good thing!). After nearly 10 years on CC and thousands of posts, I still learn things. And sometimes I can help others—which I also enjoy. By and large, it’s a kinder forum than the FB pages.  And I have an endearing loyalty towards it, for sure.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, muggo11 said:

People don’t change.  And new customers—always new customers (which is a good thing!). After nearly 10 years on CC and thousands of posts, I still learn things. And sometimes I can help others—which I also enjoy. By and large, it’s a kinder forum than the FB pages.  And I have an endearing loyalty towards it, for sure.  

Haha. . . Quoting myself because I have nearly 20 years on CC. . . .We need anniversary presents for these special moments.  

7 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Now I'm curious.  When did the CC message boards first start? Are the threads from the very beginning available?

Not sure when the boards actually started, but you can go back all the way to April 2004 for Princess 

Click the small double arrow in upper right of post section (>>). Takes you to the first posts available. (Or the last page of the board, however you want to phrase it).

Clock the (<<) to come back to the most recent page and posts..

It is an interesting read at times.. essentially, the same complaints - pricing, downgrade in service, food quality, dress codes, etc. 

• Like 1