New survey today

Lena11033

Normally X never sends me any survey but today I received one (different from the solarium one others had the other day). In case anyone didn't get it here are the questions they asked. 

To be honest based on their advertising I'm probably in the grouping they are aiming for BUT based on some of their changes they have pushed it's the opposite (almost like an identity crisis). So I made it pretty clear about my opinion food and the solarium/ kids.

• Our records indicate that you were exploring our cruise itineraries on Celebritycruises.com, what motivated you to choose that destination? Please select up to 5 options.
  • When thinking about your next cruise vacation, what would you prioritize the most? Please select up to 5.
  • How did you book your cruise?
  • Why did you choose to book the cruise through that channel? Please select all that apply.
  • Which factors would matter the most in your decision to book a cruise to the destination(s) you were searching for? Please select up to 5 factors. (there were options on this about length of cruise you prefer - I know some people were not happy with shorter cruises)
  • What is the preferred duration for your next cruise vacation? 
  • Why did you consider Celebrity Cruises when looking for a cruise? Please select up to 5 reasons.
  • In what ways do you think Celebrity Cruises could enhance its offerings to better meet your travel needs and preferences?
  • Which statement best describes your experience with ocean cruising?
  • Who are you planning to take this cruise with?
  • Which of the following best represents your total annual household income?
  • Which of the following ranges contain your age?

I know its hard to judge changes to food until it's changed. I did specifically mention the quality of the food, having options are one thing but if its more options but quality is bad then it's not great.

My feeling on the questions is that it feels like they are a little unsure in which direction to take the company. They cancelled all these cruises and made shorter cruises now asking what you prefer as your length - shouldn't that have happened before making the decision?

Anyway, even though I don't have as much time to cruise as others as you know until I win the lottery I have to work. I did say I prefer the longer length ones because based on my experience my 10 day one was far more enjoyable and relaxing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I received and completed the shore excursion survey yesterday.  My guess is there has been a reduction in bookings for Celebrity-sponsored shore excursions and a rise in independent operator excursions.   I, for one, book mostly through independent operators or on my own.  The guarantee to return me to the ship on time is not a factor, since I always return to the ship at least two hours prior to "on board" time.  

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Normally X never sends me any survey but today I received one (different from the solarium one others had the other day). In case anyone didn't get it here are the questions they asked. 

To be honest based on their advertising I'm probably in the grouping they are aiming for BUT based on some of their changes they have pushed it's the opposite (almost like an identity crisis). So I made it pretty clear about my opinion food and the solarium/ kids.

• Our records indicate that you were exploring our cruise itineraries on Celebritycruises.com, what motivated you to choose that destination? Please select up to 5 options.
  • When thinking about your next cruise vacation, what would you prioritize the most? Please select up to 5.
  • How did you book your cruise?
  • Why did you choose to book the cruise through that channel? Please select all that apply.
  • Which factors would matter the most in your decision to book a cruise to the destination(s) you were searching for? Please select up to 5 factors. (there were options on this about length of cruise you prefer - I know some people were not happy with shorter cruises)
  • What is the preferred duration for your next cruise vacation? 
  • Why did you consider Celebrity Cruises when looking for a cruise? Please select up to 5 reasons.
  • In what ways do you think Celebrity Cruises could enhance its offerings to better meet your travel needs and preferences?
  • Which statement best describes your experience with ocean cruising?
  • Who are you planning to take this cruise with?
  • Which of the following best represents your total annual household income?
  • Which of the following ranges contain your age?

got a survey also-

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I got this survey and also mentioned the length of the cruises and unappealing itineraries. I also mentioned that I’m really dismayed that AI is no longer AI even with the grossly inflated Retreat prices. I said I’m searching for an all inclusive cruise. 

Great minds think alike. Sounds like my survey answers. 

5 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I know its hard to judge changes to food until it's changed. I did specifically mention the quality of the food, having options are one thing but if its more options but quality is bad then it's not great.

My feeling on the questions is that it feels like they are a little unsure in which direction to take the company. They cancelled all these cruises and made shorter cruises now asking what you prefer as your length - shouldn't that have happened before making the decision?

Anyway, even though I don't have as much time to cruise as others as you know until I win the lottery I have to work. I did say I prefer the longer length ones because based on my experience my 10 day one was far more enjoyable and relaxing.

During an earnings call RCI said that new cruisers tend to take 3,4,5 day cruises just to see of they like it.  CoCoCay is in there for a reason - it allows something familiar for most people (day at the beach) and a cruise. If you never have been on a cruise it is an easy way to see what a cruise is like without committing time and money for a whole week. I think that is why you re seeing short cruises

Saturday to Saturday, 7 day cruises are easy to fit into most working people's schedule. Longer cruises are for experienced cruisers.  

I think the short cruises are going to attract a different kind of cruiser. I get the limited vacation when I started working in Canada I had two weeks a year and used that to go back to the UK to see family, I would never do a short trip going abroad so short cruises are only good for people staying local.

That being said I did a 10 day as my first cruise and then a short one, if I had done the short cruise first I wouldn't have cruised again. I have no interest in getting drunk by 6pm - I did that when I was 18, I'm good now in my 40's not doing that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hcat said:

so now it's RELAXED LUXURY..

replacing MODERN LUXURY!

Cocoa Cay WAS a nice beach day..now looks like Coney Island

As someone who hasn't been to Coney Island for over for over 50 years, I got the same impression when we docked there this past July.  Walked as far as the end of the peir and decided we'd be much happier staying on an almost empty ship.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

I feel left out. Celebrity did not send me this new survey.

Me too.  I am disappointed that I am not getting the opportunity to tell Celebrity how please I am with all the changes that they have made affecting Retreat guest.  So pleased in fact that I have made arrangements to sail with other cruise lines. 

If I wanted the RCCL experience I would book RCCL at least they are better priced and you know what your experience is going to be up front. 

5 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I think the short cruises are going to attract a different kind of cruiser. I get the limited vacation when I started working in Canada I had two weeks a year and used that to go back to the UK to see family, I would never do a short trip going abroad so short cruises are only good for people staying local.

That being said I did a 10 day as my first cruise and then a short one, if I had done the short cruise first I wouldn't have cruised again. I have no interest in getting drunk by 6pm - I did that when I was 18, I'm good now in my 40's not doing that.

You nailed it with short cruises.  During the Q2 earnings call:

-"putting really outstanding hardware combined with excellent destination into the short product market because it truly is the on-ramp for new to cruise and also first to brand"

I did not get a survey and will not be cruising until December on X. I'm glad to see folks mentioning the high prices in The Retreat. We are Zenith on X, thanks to many cruises and suites, but have recently tried MSC suites - Yacht Club - which is the same or better than X in most cases for much more reasonable fares. I think X's head swelled when it created The Retreat with Edge Class and it started commanding wild prices. But then again, if people are paying the prices - then our loss and X's gain!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

As someone who hasn't been to Coney Island for over for over 50 years, I got the same impression when we docked there this past July.  Walked as far as the end of the peir and decided we'd be much happier staying on an almost empty ship.  

Unfortunately you missed some beautiful places to enjoy the water and relative quiet which were at the end named South Beach.