LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Koningsdam California Pacific Coastal 11/03/2023

LAFFNVEGAS

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you, but please do not go to any trouble.  It is odd the picture on halfacts shows no life boat visible.  Regardless, I am happy.

I found this on cruisedeckplans. This is cabin H4138 from the Nieuw Statendam, but the deck plan looks the same as the Koningsdam. I hope it's correct and I believe you've made a nice switch in cabins.

image.png.5d552c2045c5c499174968e42a99f242.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@FlorenceItaly 

I should clarify what I meant to say. That picture is actually H4128 but it is in the same position as H4138 relative to the lifeboat. You can check it out for yourself at cruisedeckplans.com to ease your mind.

I shouldn't try to text my daughter and write a post on CC at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, seaoma said:

@FlorenceItaly 

I should clarify what I meant to say. That picture is actually H4128 but it is in the same position as H4138 relative to the lifeboat. You can check it out for yourself at cruisedeckplans.com to ease your mind.

I shouldn't try to text my daughter and write a post on CC at the same time.

The lifeboat configuration is likely to be different on the Koningsdam from the other Pinnacle ships.  The Koningsdam was the first of the Pinnacle class ships and the lifeboat configuration does not allow passage through the Panama Canal (except with special permission during the Covid shutdown).  The Nieuw Statendam and the Rotterdam will have a somewhat different placement from the Koningsdam.

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

The lifeboat configuration is likely to be different on the Koningsdam from the other Pinnacle ships.  The Koningsdam was the first of the Pinnacle class ships and the lifeboat configuration does not allow passage through the Panama Canal (except with special permission during the Covid shutdown).  The Nieuw Statendam and the Rotterdam will have a somewhat different placement from the Koningsdam.

Shoot, that probably would make a difference. Sorry, @LAFFNVEGAS, the ball appears to be back in your court. 

It does appear that the few other pictures of the lifeboats, show more obstruction. Unfortunately, there is not a picture that is positioned like H4138. 

@FlorenceItaly, here's a YouTube video from VH4041 that shows, at least, the height of the lifeboat through the glass doors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening from the Holland America MS Koningsdam, today was an everyday for Tom and I, we were awarded our 300 Day Silver Medallions 

the event was held in BB Kings

There were only 3 of us getting Medallions the other lady was at 306 days and Tom and I at 303 days. At the reception they recognized Presidents Club with one couple I recognized from past cruises with 3199 days and stating they were staying on board till end of January so will have a lot more.

Hopefully I will get the pictures they took later tonight.

IMG_4926.png

IMG_4927.png

IMG_4928.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

This afternoon after lunch we came back to the cabin and ended up taking a nap 😴 Unfortunately we work up just a few minutes ago a little to late to get ready for dressy night so decided we would just go to the Lido.

So I am going to let you decided if you want to Dine in the Main Dining Room or go Casual in Lido and pick what you would like to eat.

IMG_4917.png

IMG_4918.png

IMG_4919.png

IMG_4920.png

IMG_4921.png

IMG_4922.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hard to choose between MDR and Lido - both have Cracked Pepper Tenderloin (hold the shrimp unless DH wants them). MDR has Caramelized Pineapple, but Lido has Yorkshire Pudding.

I think I'll order the Tenderloin and Strawberry Sensation for In-Room Dining. Leaving DH to wait for delivery, I'll go to Lido and get Yorkshire Pudding! The best of both worlds!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So the Lido wins with Yorkshire pudding.

Asian sesame salad with seared tuna.

Pepper crusted Tenderloin with Shrimp

Loaded mashed potatoes, grilled cauliflower and Yorkshire pudding for the sides.

I will see what I can find for a red wine in the Lido.

The strawberry sensation for desert.

A nice cup of Earl Grey.

I will enjoy a Remy Martin VSOP in one of the bars or perhaps at the show if we decide to go there.

• Like 5

I will go to the MDR and have chardonnay, roasted beets and orange segments,

trout, warm chocolate cake and Earl Grey tea. If I had gone to the Lido, I would 

have had chardonnay, shrimp and chicken chow mein, fried rice, warm chocolate lava cake and Earl Grey tea.

Congratulations on your medallions! 🥂 That reminds me that I will put my

medallion on our Christmas tree (the day after Thanksgiving LOL).

Thanks for sharing the menus. 😊

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

Blackduck59 - I like Earl Grey tea too. It's my favorite tea.

There is a variety of Earl Grey we first had at a tea shop that blends their own varieties. They call it Creamy Earl Grey and it has vanilla added to the mix. We have also bought a "Tetley" blend called vanilla Earl Grey. We usually have Twinings most days, Mighty Leaf is very good too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cbr663 said:

While on our recent Alaskan cruise I noticed more and more the same food items are simply being recycled throughout the ship.  Seems even more and more on this cruise.

Can you explain what you mean by "recycled throughout the ship"?  The Lido does serve many/most of the items served in the MDR for dinner, plus many other items.

Thanks,

~Nancy

• Like 3

So my lovely wife has reluctantly agreed to join me in Lido.

She will check out the salad bar to start.

The Main is Grilled Salmon

for desert the Strawberry Sensation

She would enjoy a nice Riesling.

She would finish with Baileys in coffee

Her being diabetic and having a tomato allergy often makes it hard for her to find something she likes.

• Like 4