LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Koningsdam California Pacific Coastal 11/03/2023

LAFFNVEGAS

I'm going to cheat after seeing Laffnvegas' choices.  I'll have the wedge salad, filet and lobster with mashed potatoes, and then creme brulee, please.

Congratulations on your Mariner award!!!!!!   What a wonderful photo to end tonights dining experience with.   As always...thank you for letting us dine and cruise with you.  Safe travels home.  Cherie

Edited by cccole
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Blueberry Tea to finish (good thing I'm not driving home 😁)

And those on Koningsdam might know what that is given our attempts to educate them on this drink (i.e. drink it every night). Thanks for helping the cause!

IMG_6491.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

And those on Koningsdam might know what that is given our attempts to educate them on this drink (i.e. drink it every night). Thanks for helping the cause!

IMG_6491.jpeg

I have a seriously funny story that involves blueberry tea and my then girlfriend, now wife. This is a face to face story that I won't share on line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My favorite PG dinner is just appetizers:  Lobster bisque or forest mushroom soup, then bacon, then steak tartare <--that's my "main" course, served when dining companions are having their main..

And that's because I don't like a "full" meal late in the evening.  Home or aboard ship, I always sleep better with a light supper.

• Like 6

We did receive this evening our pictures from the Medallion Ceremony. They are quite nice.

i want to Thank all of you for joining us for dinner this past week, it has been lots of fun 😃🥰

If you are willing to do it again you will not have long to wait. Tom and I are flying to Miami non stop on December 9th so we can board the Nieuw Statendam December 10th. This will be our first time on this ship and will complete having sailed on every ship of the current HAL fleet. This next cruise will be with friends and we all have Club Orange. Looking forward to seeing the ship decorated for the Holidays. 

IMG_4976.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

My favorite PG dinner is just appetizers:  Lobster bisque or forest mushroom soup, then bacon, then steak tartare <--that's my "main" course, served when dining companions are having their main..

And that's because I don't like a "full" meal late in the evening.  Home or aboard ship, I always sleep better with a light supper.

I like this idea and actually may consider this next month. I would be Happy with Wedge Salad, the Mushroom soup then Key Lime Pie 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

i want to Thank all of you for joining us for dinner this past week, it has been lots of fun 😃🥰

If you are willing to do it again you will not have long to wait. Tom and I are flying to Miami non stop on December 9th so we can board the Nieuw Statendam December 10th. This will be our first time on this ship and will complete having sailed on every ship of the current HAL fleet. This next cruise will be with friends and we all have Club Orange

Thank you for allowing us to join you at a virtual table. No calories, no fees - just great companionship and memories.

• Like 8

Thanks for the great photo! Congratulations on your medallions! I'm glad you will be on the 

Niew Statendam next month. My stepfather and I were on her in August 2022 for 24 days. We loved the ship and the crew are top notch. The Dutch Cafe has tables by the windows.  Safe travels home.

Thanks for sharing your trip and all the menus.

• Like 3

Late to dinner-spent yesterday flying home from Atlanta. Trying something different from my usual choices.

Ritz cocktail 

Stuffed mushrooms

Plain asparagus

Plain beets

Jidori chicken

Creme brulee

and of course, some Bailey’s

Oh, that poor knuckle-ouch!

Congrats on the medal. Very nice photo.

Thanks for sharing your cruise and have a safe trip home.

• Like 3

On 11/9/2023 at 11:45 AM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Came back to the dining room for breakfast, there were s always a line but it moves extremely fast.

they again had specials this morning. So far the specials remind me of many of the items that were offered when they served the Brunch.

IMG_4909.jpeg

IMG_4910.jpeg

IMG_4911.jpeg

Anyone else notice that today was the FIRST to have GF options listed?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We did receive this evening our pictures from the Medallion Ceremony. They are quite nice.

If you are willing to do it again you will not have long to wait. Tom and I are flying to Miami non stop on December 9th so we can board the Nieuw Statendam December 10th. This will be our first time on this ship and will complete having sailed on every ship of the current HAL fleet. This next cruise will be with friends and we all have Club Orange. Looking forward to seeing the ship decorated for the Holidays. 

IMG_4976.png

Lisa, congrats what a lovely photo 

• Like 2

Be glad your Santa Barbara visit came the day that it did. Prior days the Diamond Princess  was due to arrive at 6am, but left at 7am.  This led to all sorts of local speculation - both naughty and nice about cruise ships visiting  our town.  This is a tender stop. 

However, here is the real news report: Per John Palminteri’s (or KEYT’s) Facebook page:

Here and gone. The Discovery Princess cruise ship came to Santa Barbara Wednesday morning, then turned around and left. Winds and ocean swell conditions were too rough to bring passengers to shore. A cancellation fee of $6500. will be paid to the city.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1