LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Koningsdam California Pacific Coastal 11/03/2023

LAFFNVEGAS

On 11/5/2023 at 2:16 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We actually walked through there at that time but  hav to admit I kind of forgot. Although I think you may have been I. Our section for boarding. I found Terry because he had said in roll call what his shirt would be. 

We walked by and there were a group doing some kind of activity so i just moved on. Sorry I didnt get to meet everyone from our RC. But we did get to meet you and Tom.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

When we booked this cruise Ensenada was our last stop, as typical for a Pacific Coast cruise out of San Diego.  I am curious about why they made the change.  There were already 2 ships ported in Ensenada so we were last ship in after dark!  What a mess this turned out to be for both time in port and immigration!

We scheduled a San Francisco excursion for 10 a.m. which was changed to 9 a.m. with a meet time of 8:30 so we will have to do room service for breakfast.  At least we may be among the first through immigration.  I was told that the excursion time was changed to 9-12 by the vendor.

It sound like you were able to make a great plan for dinner in the MDR.  Club Orange has had lines at the door before opening and fills up quickly with the two large tables for 6 at the front used for sharing.  People who come later may have to wait for a table to clear.

We got to CO at 6:30 Saturday night and had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. 

• Like 4

I assume that on the Thanksgiving cruise, where the last port is Ensenada before we return to San Diego, there isn't any of this immigration hassle until we actually disembark? Or at least anything would be on the ship itself. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tiller said:

I assume that on the Thanksgiving cruise, where the last port is Ensenada before we return to San Diego, there isn't any of this immigration hassle until we actually disembark? Or at least anything would be on the ship itself. 

yes, no problem going through customs when disembarking in SD.  After Hawaii in February we sailed from Ensenada to San Diego, walked off the ship and with facial recognition immigration didn’t even ask to see our passport.   They just said “Welcome Home”.  Easy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok to let you know what we had. To be honest Tom was not that hungry because he went to the Lido for lunch twice, one with just himself and later with me.
Actually I am fighting a cold I am feeling better tonight but I slept for a few hours after breakfast 
So by the time we had early dining neither of us were very hungry 
Tom skipped starter and I had the jumbo shrimp cocktail, then we both had the filet and shrimp newburg. For dessert neither of us cared for the options so I asked what sorbets they had. Not on the menu but we had watermelon sorbet.

IMG_4796.jpeg

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I hope your cold will be gone soon. I agree - you can always get things 

that are not on the menu - like fruit crisps, creme brulee and a 

vegetable you want.  The waiters are very glad to fill a request. 😊

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SanDiegian said:

What a travel moment. What a memory. And no fog. I see the color indicating smoke in the air. image.thumb.jpeg.62755d830d9cb686049bc29c85689c24.jpeg

It was the same Nov 12, 2018 when we were on the Ruby Princess it was.extremely orange from the wild fire and the smell of smoke was strong.image.thumb.jpeg.a287f765535ce6253d46f5a7ebdaa2b6.jpeg

• Like 8