LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Koningsdam California Pacific Coastal 11/03/2023

LAFFNVEGAS

After going through the Immigration which was quick and easy if you have a passport we took off to Fisherman’s Wharf. We took Lyft around pier 45 and working our way to 39. 
Stopped for lunch at Bistro Boudin, ver good Sour Dough Bread

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4842.png

IMG_4843.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

OMG Boudin SF Sourdough bread-Bowl! Pizza! Crab cakes! Yum-yum. Gharidelli chocolate for dessert! Just walk it off as you go by foot to the ship along the Embarcadero. Send us pictures 

When back aboard the K’dam, do not skip the Dutch Cafe and try to eat a Bossche Bol filled with Chantilly Cream yourself. you will have to walk away! They only have a limited made and run out early!

Edited by SanDiegian
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 11:07 AM, 57redbird said:

There's a difference between what I would order & what I would be served in all the restaurants on board....I avoid soybean & canola oils so that makes things difficult....maybe next cruise I will just grin & bear the consequences....NOT!

That is also my goal, but wow is it challenging on a cruise or in a restaurant to avoid industrialized seed oils.

• Like 2

Coming into SF a month ago on the Noordam - early October. Captain also opened the forward deck for the occasion to get photos. 

Our HoHo tour bust  route (carefully crafted and narrated) covering most of  the major SF landmarks surprised us - the city looked very lovely, cleaner than expected, and reminded us very much of The City we both knew growing up in the Bay Area in the 1950-60s'.  

Except there was something missing as well -it felt empty for some reason. The Fisherman's Wharf area easily explored from the port was lively and very accessible, even though it is no longer a working fishing boat wharf. And yes, the HoHo route does include a very brief look at some of the more unsavory parts of town, but only a very quick drive-by. 

But what a glorious view from our starboard side cabin balcony across Telegraph Hill and out to the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset. One can enjoy this port stop very much - with just a little extra attention and preparation. 

This was our early morning SF greeting:

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 2.43.42 PM.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'll have Chateau Ste. Michelle Chardonnay

Eggplant hummus dip and chips

Roasted chicken with French fries and applesauce

Peach and berry crisp with ice cream

Tea

Thank you! I love this game! 😊

• Like 3

I'm afraid tonight's menu isn't really exciting for me. I will make the standard choices.

Caesar salad or maybe the shrimp

New York steak and fries (add the Brussels sprouts from the pork chop)

The peach and berry crisp.

I would have to look at the wine list to pair with the steak.

A nice port to finish

• Like 3

Ok for our orders, we both had a class of Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling. We both had a Caesar Salad I ordered the Flat Iron Steak Chimichurri which and Tom had the  NY Strip Loin Steak and fries. Dessert he had a hot fudge sundae and I had the No sugar added Almond Cake.

Surprisingly the Flat Iron Chimichurri Steak was delicious!!

IMG_4864.png

IMG_4865.png

IMG_4866.png

IMG_4867.png

IMG_4868.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from the MS Koningsdam. We were to have done a 6 and a half hour bus tour today that was our free cruise with HIA, we would need to get up at 6 this morning. When the alarm went off I decided to just for go it. Tom had already hinted he would want to do that yesterday. So I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. 
We ended up going to the Dutch Cafe getting some coffee and a bite to eat.

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4878.jpeg

IMG_4881.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1