LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Koningsdam California Pacific Coastal 11/03/2023

LAFFNVEGAS

29 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Jane, are you staying on after the Thanksgiving cruise?   I will be boarding on the one immediately following, on Nov 25.  I missed meeting you on Volendam earlier this year when Sharon @Sharon in AZ and I were on the Panama Canal cruise and you boarded on the San Diego segment.

Sorry, Lisa @LAFFNVEGAS, I don't mean to hijack your thread.

No, this is a 1 week only for me. Hopefully we will meet someday. Hijack over, Lisa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tamarind is a great way to start the cruise and avoid the 1st night chaos in the MDR.  Since you only get 2 shrimp and 2 scallops, I’ll have both to start please. Szechwan shrimp will be my main even though it’s really not spicy.  Dungeness crab will be my side although I’ve never found any crab in it.  For dessert I’ll have my own selection of mango, mandarin and passion fruit sorbet because I really don’t like the choices in their selection of sorbets.

Enjoy your cruise @LAFFNVEGAS

Edited by 0106
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, boze9999 said:

Would love to know @LAFFNVEGAS who is who: Captain, Hotel Director, Cellar Master, PG & Tamarind M'd/Manager, Piano Bar Players.....we're on in two weeks!

Do not know Manager of PG and Tamarind yet 

but below is the Officers. I thought The Daily would list who is in the Piano Bar but no such luck.

IMG_4746.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Ok for what we had. We each had a couple of glasses of Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling, then I had the Shrimp and Lobster Pot Stickers, Tom had the tempura Shrimp and Chinese 5 Spice baby back Ribs, because Thanks Marcia Crafts 😊 then we both had the Wasabi Encrusted Filet mine as described and Tom’s No Wasabi Encrusted 😂, then Tom skipped dessert and I had the Yusu Cheesecake. 
We had an amazing server Aurora who remembers us frequently m Oosterdam and Westerdam. She worked in the Pinnacle Grill for many years.

IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4738.jpeg

IMG_4739.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

It is definitely going to be an early night since we have been up since 3 am. Been a very good day. Everything went smoothly from flight, check in and getting on board. 
since we booked last minute we were Waitlisted for Early Dining Table for two. When we got on board we still had Open Dining but we were able to get Fixed with table for two. So the rest of the week for dining will work out well.

Our stateroom is toward the aft on deck 4 with the extended larger balconies. They definitely feel smaller than the regular balcony cabins on the Vista Class. But the larger balcony makes up for the smaller space. Just wish there was more closet for hanging up clothes for two people.

Earlier today we went to the Exclusive Reception Cocktail Party for Mariners, the invitation stated 3,4 and 5 star Mariners but the turnout out was do big they had to turn away 3 star Mariners and told us just 4 and 5. 
I do have some sad news it appears at least here on the Koningsdam they no longer have the Peanut Butter Silk Pie for Embarkation Day 😰. The last time they served it was 28 days ago.

Well I think I have caught you up, I definitely cannot wait to get some sleep tonight. I am now been up 17 hours with probably just 3 hours of sleep.

Here are some pictures from earlier today.

Signing off from the Beautiful MS Koningsdam 

IMG_4711.thumb.jpeg.32e973cda42e142012d1d0a0295ea79b.jpeg

IMG_4715.jpeg

IMG_4716.jpeg

IMG_4717.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Getting frustrated my pics will not upload. 
yet internet seems ok thinking too many mb on the basic internet package.

I will try fewer photos, that did not do it.

I may upgrade tomorrow to the better WiFi that or it is CC, because before  I was on ship wifi had the same problem In San Diego, think it is CC not allow pics with more than 3mb

IMG_4716.jpeg

IMG_4717.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Do not know Manager of PG and Tamarind yet 

but below is the Officers. I thought The Daily would list who is in the Piano Bar but no such luck.

IMG_4746.png

The Assistant General Hotel Manager is Marion Keijer she is Married to Jack the Chief Engineer. Marion use to be Guest Relations Manager which is Supervisor of the Front desk. I have know Marion for many years.

• Like 10

@LAFFNVEGAS  Lisa, I appreciate you taking time to report on your cruise. thank you.

Dinner: Villa Maria,

Tom Kha Kai

Lamb Chops

Fried Rice

Cheesecake.

Best wishes to you both for a fabulous cruise.

• Like 5

Thanks Lisa for sharing your pics from Tamarind.  We have Tamarind booked for the first night of our upcoming cruise and after viewing your pics, we have decided we will cancel.  We booked it because we haven't been in a long time and was hoping to avoid the confusion that happens in CO on the first night.  We have decided we will take our chances with CO.

• Like 2