TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, I went to The Chef's Table last night and give it a big Thumbs UP🙂. We hada nice group and I have to say I loved most every dish. 11 courses all Tapas size. With a white and red wine. I am glad I went. I have some photos of the various dishes. I will post them in a bit.

Thanks for all your information! So do you think it's worth it if not using OBC?

7 minutes ago, seaver said:

Thanks for all your information! So do you think it's worth it if not using OBC?

Hi, I was using an OBC....thinking about it and in my opinion, it would be worth it at least to try once, yes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I was using an OBC....thinking about it and in my opinion, it would be worth it at least to try once, yes.

Thanks for your quick reply! May have to give it a try. Have a great time.

Hello again, well on the seas back to NY. I really don't have a big routine and getting used to things.......remember, it is my first crossing. I have been sleeping in till around 8:30. There are activities/lectures every day and although I told myself I was going to attend them, I seem to have gotten lazy and have not gone to one lecture yet. 

Maybe I will go to 1 or 2 over the next couple of days. I have been playing trivia though. We came in 3rd yesterday. It is being held in The Panorama and there ALOT of teams!

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, I went to The Chef's Table last night and give it a big Thumbs UP🙂. We hada nice group and I have to say I loved most every dish. 11 courses all Tapas size. With a white and red wine. I am glad I went. I have some photos of the various dishes. I will post them in a bit.

Super appreciate your posting of these various visuals and follow-up about the Chef's Table.  Just to clarify, maybe I missed it earlier, what was the per person cost and the reservation process??  Can you book this dining special just on the ship?  Or, in advance?  Also, if handy and you have a chance, giving a little labeling for some of the dining items helps us know what they are with the pictures.  

Keep up the great sharing!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry,  you make the reservation for The  Chef's Table after you board the ship and you pay for it after the dinner.

As for the pictures, that purple object is a baked onion stuffed with lentils.

I have to go back and look at the others.

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry,  you make the reservation for The  Chef's Table after you board the ship and you pay for it after the dinner.  As for the pictures, that purple object is a baked onion stuffed with lentils.

I have to go back and look at the others.

Appreciate this great follow-up and the added info as to the various dishes.  PRICE??  What does the Chef's Table cost?  Do they offer it on most days of the cruise?  How many people in each group?

9 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate this great follow-up and the added info as to the various dishes.  PRICE??  What does the Chef's Table cost?  Do they offer it on most days of the cruise?  How many people in each group?

Hi Terry- $180 per person!

9 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Hi Terry, 180.00 per person. 18 people max. 

On 11/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, TLCOhio said:

Great to hear that the food and service has been excellent.  Love James Bond, Rat Pack, etc. music and entertainment.  Nice reporting and sharing!!  When handy, would love more background on the speakers for this T-A.  

Won't get into or waste any time to worry about the "formal" dress-code debate.  I'm more of a "live and let live" viewpoint/philosophy that does not get hung up as to these type of "worries" and "discussions".  

Most important to me is about the Bulgari products.  As we prepare for our Feb. 2024 Silver Moon sailing, are all of the Silversea ships now switched over to these "pumps" and bottles on the walls?  I especially love the round, green soap.  From Lois on Nova and/or from others recently on other Silversea ships, what is now being offered and available?  Are the Bulgari products there?  Only a little, if lucky, etc.??

image.thumb.jpeg.69af84557bf9cca3ef3eb594c92055ea.jpeg

Hi Terry,  yes you can request Bulgari products and they will bring them.

59 minutes ago, C-sea said:

Good Day!

Do the classes with an epicurean theme have a cost? example... Mixology or Salt Lab?

Hi, nope, no charge for either one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Lois, you sold me—I’ll be booking the Salt Kitchen Dinner.  Thanks for a good report, fellas you see it.

Just to clarify, the pictures that Lois just posted are of the Chef's Table dinner experience which is held in the SALT Lab. SALT Lab is where the cooking classes are held and is on Deck 10 on the Nova. 

SALT Kitchen is one of the dining areas that does not require a reservation and there is no additional cost.  

So many variations of SALT! 🙂