Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

I am glad to follow this one as I get on when you are getting off! I find interest in all your reviews since New Orleans and Galveston are ports I sail from most. And having sailed mostly Carnival and two NCL. This will be my first Princess also. I know you will do lots of helpful comparisons.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cajun-crazy said:

I am glad to follow this one as I get on when you are getting off! I find interest in all your reviews since New Orleans and Galveston are ports I sail from most. And having sailed mostly Carnival and two NCL. This will be my first Princess also. I know you will do lots of helpful comparisons.

I think you’ll be on with @TxTeach79

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Very excited for another Saint Greg review.  We did Princess back in August to Alaska; while I wasn’t a fan for various reasons, I am curious to hear your take.  Thanks in advance for doing this!

Majestic Princess. I was close to booking that August 5th I think.

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Majestic Princess. I was close to booking that August 5th I think.

It was the Royal Princess.  I don’t want to say what I didn’t like.  I will silently compare as you go along…….  

Enjoy the trip — I know I will enjoy your review!

• Like 3

Welcome back, Greg! I'm looking forward to following along and reading about your NCL and Princess comparisons. Entertainment on NCL has been lacking a bit the past couple years, and I'm looking at other lines at some point as a result. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cajun-crazy said:

Does this list resemble what you have experienced when sailing from Galveston on Carnival? I wondered if it was a Texas list or if it varied by cruise line?

B6F32C8D-43F5-4CAF-A9B7-4881D99BD7EF.png

Dang no Shiner. That’s one of the good things about sailing from Galveston.

• Like 2

Hi @Saint Greg, what a pleasure to see you on Princess. Been a silent reader for your past reports; not holding my breath for anything as to how Princess might meet the occasion or execute these days, but simply hoping you get a good first impression and an overall great time! Looking forward to reading along and wishing you safe travels!

• Like 2

Looking forward to reading/seeing your review on the Regal Princess. The reason I say this, there are 8 of us that HOPE to be leaving on this ship the 25th of February, and although I have done over 15 cruises, I have never done the Regal. Getting AWAY from MISSOURI weather is a must!! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I think Princess is the line that the Love Boat was based upon?... Here's hoping that you at least "love" the cruise itself...

Yeah. I believe the god parents of this ship is actually the cast of the love boat.

• Like 5

@Radio I enjoyed reading about your time on the Regal Princess. You mentioned that the shuttle to get to IAH from the ship upon disembarkation was to take 2 hours. In reality, was that time accurate? I will also be taking a shuttle to the airport (IAH) when I disembark. 

Thanks again for all the information that you shared.

Subscribed, I like that it's one person trying the different cruise lines because it makes it a bit easier to compare to past trips.  Princess was on our list for doing Alaska some day.  Any chance you'll do the other lines at some point (e.g., RCL)?  

Edited by detroitavant
  • Like 2