Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

The new casual dining was started this past summer in addition to Alfredos and vines ocean terrace has sushi which is available as a casual dining on your plus package.  Alfredos is now a pre fixed menu for 14.95 with an app main and dessert included or you can order all carte prices. Vines is a meat and cheese board and ocean terrace is a pre fixed menu for the plus.

• Like 1

Haven't sailed on Princess in 7 years, so things have likely changed, but Alfredo's is definitely worth checking out since you have the two free casual meals. I have the same relationship with Carnival pizza you do, and by cruise ship quick counter service standards I think their pizza is up there, but Alfredo's is a legit sit down pizza joint, totally different thing than a poolside slice. Also, honestly, I used to get pastas and the calzone there (plus the antipasti app) more often than the pizza. It's pretty legit. Probably wouldn't pay for it, but it's good. It was 7 years ago, anyway.

https://cruiselifestyle.co.uk/2022/05/14/alfredos-pizzeria/

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t think any of them are football fans. Or at least they don’t subscribe to my channel for anything football related. Last I checked most of my viewers were from India. Japan was second. I think the US was a distant third.

Actually Russia is taking the bronze.

IMG_5722.thumb.jpeg.a3035c24cf5e253a666c60f2cbe65817.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Here's the thread discussing the changes. It's pretty disappointing. 

That's a great post. I must've looked at that back when I first booked because I've already "liked" that post. I really don't remember it though. A lot has happened since then.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It sounds kind of closer to NCL. NCL had the dining room open every day. Definitely three meals on sea days. I’m not sure if they had lunch on port days. It was Alaska and I definitely maximize my port days in Alaska. But they didn’t have the burger place, bbq place, deli, stir fry, and pasta places that you may have for lunch on CCL ships. They did have the 24 hour pub with food. 

I’m a big dining room person so if the dining room is open for three meals a day that will be where you’ll most likely find me. I’m not a buffet person. I’m very germ conscious so I hate those tongs that everyone touches…and sometimes they drop the tong handles in the food. One time I was up early on a carnival ship and watching the opening of the buffet for entertainment. I saw a kid sneeze into his hand then grab the tongs with that hand. Nasty.

On NCL their pizza is buffet which I hate. But it was kind of cool because as soon as a pizza came out it was gone. So you had to wait. So I got to see the pizza oven to plate. One time this woman in front of me was like separating the pizza with her bare hands. Not just hers. Some that she left on that pizza tray. 

You'll be able to have sit-down lunch in the MDR on embarkation and the three sea days.  That leaves you with the 3 port days.  On two of them you could utilize your free pass at Alfredo's.  The third one could be in port or reluctantly in the buffet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Do they end up drinking or does it just get poured out?

They pass around glasses of the “champagne “ and as many glasses as  you want. You can climb up the stairs and pour it from the bottle and get your picture taken. 
When it’s over, they pour out all the filled glasses on the tower. 

• Like 3

One more little tip - the gift/jewelry/shiny stuff shops are all on Deck 7, but if you're looking for the toothbrush/deodorant/cold medication you forgot at home, or want duty free liquor, there's a small store down on 5 that we totally missed for the first couple of days.  We were puzzled at the lack of liquor selection or sundries for the "oops I forgot XYZ" when we browsed the main shops.  Funny that we missed it at first because Good Spirits is down there and we found that on day one!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dreamscaper said:

One more little tip - the gift/jewelry/shiny stuff shops are all on Deck 7, but if you're looking for the toothbrush/deodorant/cold medication you forgot at home, or want duty free liquor, there's a small store down on 5 that we totally missed for the first couple of days.  We were puzzled at the lack of liquor selection or sundries for the "oops I forgot XYZ" when we browsed the main shops.  Funny that we missed it at first because Good Spirits is down there and we found that on day one!

Thanks! Most likely the only store I’ll be looking for is the one that sells Princess merchandise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks! Most likely the only store I’ll be looking for is the one that sells Princess merchandise.

Definitely Deck 7 then :)  We're Canadian so bringing back a couple of bottles of stuff we can't get at home for cheaper that what we'd pay up here is hubby's top priority :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreamscaper said:

Definitely Deck 7 then 🙂 We're Canadian so bringing back a couple of bottles of stuff we can't get at home for cheaper that what we'd pay up here is hubby's top priority :classic_laugh:

Might be hard to believe from my cruise reviews but I don’t ever buy any alcohol for my house. If it’s there, I’ll drink too much. If it’s not there, I can’t. So, it’s not there.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The big boss here has been at work sick all week until today. Last night he took a test, and found out he's got the rona... 

I heard mine on the phone briefly today. He sounds horrible. I’m glad he’s stayed out the past two days.

• Like 7

On 11/4/2023 at 2:20 PM, Saint Greg said:

This is the room I originally had on my interior guarantee. I really like that hallway area to the bathroom with the open closets on the left and open shelves to the right. It doesn't look like I'm going to have that in the standard balcony.

Interesting...I've never seen this set up.

What you see in the balcony video is typical of most Princess rooms across the fleet (including all the interiors we have sailed).

You will find in your balcony to have a LARGE closet area if a bit less shelving.

Interesting those folks didn't like it...we love it. It creates a "dressing room"; plus on most other lines, there is VERY little space between the bed & the closet & I hate that!

Yes, with 2, occasionally we have to jockey if one is in the closet area & one is in the bathroom or wants in...but we figure it out!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

ICFT, the only thing I can tell you about the champagne tower was it was taller than me, 23 years ago, and I was 5'5" back then. I have a couple pictures and when pouring the champagne, I could barely reach the glasses then, and I had hi-heels on. 🙂  I just heard that since there is so much rocking/rolling at times, that is why they lowered the tower. How high it is now, I have no clue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonit964, the picture you are showing  of the champagne tower almost looks like the same one that I poured champagne into the glasses, back in 2000. I see there is a platform to stand on in your picture, and I had to stand on the platform to reach the glasses to pour the champagne too.

• Like 2