Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Maybe keep your door closed all day and wear a mask when you’re out of your office?

I don’t have any masks. He has his door closed. I have my door closed. We still share the same hallway. He touches the same door knob I do to get in and out of our office area. I don’t like it. We have the ability to work remotely. I don’t see why he feels the need to be here.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Here are the prices I updated yesterday Galveston Cruise Parking. With that I checked a few different Breeze cruises for my 4-5 prices. And for my 7 days I checked both my Princess for next week and my Jubilee for next year. 

My history with the parking is I did discount last time (2 years ago) for like $65. It's $98 now. Pre-covid I did Falstaff for $75 indoor. I know it was about $95 two years ago. Now it's $145. In 2018 I did Lighthouse covered for like $70. Now it's $95 uncovered and $125 covered. And for some messed up reason princess cruisers can only use uncovered and have to pay $130. 2017 I used EZ Park and walk. I think I paid about $50 for that. Now that would be $118 to park and walk. $138 to park and shuttle.

81st Dolphin is out of business now. It looks like Falstaff is in the process of changing their name to Patriot. They have a website for both with the same address and prices.

Before going with Falstaff check their reviews. We used them before and they were great but the road to their entrance has been under construction and in bad shape...hopefully it is fixed now.

We used portparking.com for our last two and had good luck and never waited long for a shuttle. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, xkritter said:

Before going with Falstaff check their reviews. We used them before and they were great but the road to their entrance has been under construction and in bad shape...hopefully it is fixed now.

We used portparking.com for our last two and had good luck and never waited long for a shuttle. 

I’m not booking with Falstaff. I used them back when they first opened in 2019. It was great back then. $75 for garage parking and a shuttle. Garage was mostly empty because nobody knew about it. Now it’s $145. I’ll park elsewhere. I can get closer to the port for that money.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ll park elsewhere. I can get closer to the port for that money.

DH and I will be joining you on Sunday.  We reserved parking in the express lot, which is right next door to our terminal for $133 for the week.  I used promo code Jubilee2023 for a $15 discount and I joined the parking "club" for a $5 discount.  This lot is more expensive than some, but it sure was nice to walk less than 300 ft to our car after our April cruise. I hope we all have a great cruise.  

PS: Don't forget to pack your raincoat & umbrella- the weather forecast is not looking good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

DH and I will be joining you on Sunday.  We reserved parking in the express lot, which is right next door to our terminal for $133 for the week.  I used promo code Jubilee2023 for a $15 discount and I joined the parking "club" for a $5 discount.  This lot is more expensive than some, but it sure was nice to walk less than 300 ft to our car after our April cruise. I hope we all have a great cruise.  

PS: Don't forget to pack your raincoat & umbrella- the weather forecast is not looking good.

The only option it’s giving me is economy lot B for $132.

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The only option it’s giving me is economy lot B for $132

I just checked too and evidently all the lots are full except the economy lot.  Using the discount code Jubilee2023 brought the price down to $115.88.  The economy lot has a free shuttle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The only option it’s giving me is economy lot B for $132.

I went through it a few times and got it to take that price down to $116 and it looks like I got $5 in rewards for registering so I could get it down to $111. But it’s still way down in the economy b lot which requires a shuttle.

• Like 2

Wow on the Princess discrimination/upcharge...
Do you have to inform them which cruiseline/ship you are sailing?

Very strange there's a penalty tied to one line...

Can you imagine an Airport charging more for one airline over another?

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Here are the prices I updated yesterday Galveston Cruise Parking. With that I checked a few different Breeze cruises for my 4-5 prices. And for my 7 days I checked both my Princess for next week and my Jubilee for next year. 

My history with the parking is I did discount last time (2 years ago) for like $65. It's $98 now. Pre-covid I did Falstaff for $75 indoor. I know it was about $95 two years ago. Now it's $145. In 2018 I did Lighthouse covered for like $70. Now it's $95 uncovered and $125 covered. And for some messed up reason princess cruisers can only use uncovered and have to pay $130. 2017 I used EZ Park and walk. I think I paid about $50 for that. Now that would be $118 to park and walk. $138 to park and shuttle.

81st Dolphin is out of business now. It looks like Falstaff is in the process of changing their name to Patriot. They have a website for both with the same address and prices.

UGH!!!

Even before C-19 most people were no longer doing that!

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Boss came in sick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Von & John said:

Wow on the Princess discrimination/upcharge...
Do you have to inform them which cruiseline/ship you are sailing?

Very strange there's a penalty tied to one line...

Can you imagine an Airport charging more for one airline over another?

It asked when you booked. I think they have to know for the shuttle..and the days you're going to be in that space because like....Vista leaves on Saturday so you couldn't put that. Breeze does 4/5 days and Dream does 6/8 days. So you can't put them. Some of the lots charge more for Royal and there's one that makes you click a check box saying you understand they don't accept parking for Royal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once your on the ship, would you let me know if there is just one formal night or two? We like the two formal nights. I believe someone mentioned that the one formal night is when they do the champagne fountain, and that is nice, but NOTHING like what it was many years ago. Back then the fountain was almost all the way to the ceiling, and I was able to pour champagne into the fountain of glasses. Really a NEAT event that I was able to participate in, and it is a shame after attending what I did back then, it is so much smaller now. Mainly for protection there in the ship with the glasses falling, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beshears said:

Dreamscaper, yes I had thought once we know (I guess???) what dining room we will be assigned to, we could try to find the Manager of the dining room and see if we could have our big table booked ahead of time.

You're not assigned to any particular dining room.  You can book at any of the dining rooms for any time you like.  We booked day by day and ate at all three dining rooms (as well as the buffet and we splurged for the Crown Grill (specialty restaurant) one night).

However, if you do prefer to eat at the same table in the same dining room at the same time every night, just ask the staff to book you in for it at the start of your cruise.

• Like 2

Can’t wait to follow along on another trip. Stay healthy. If you’re sick, stay out of the office. I just went and had a flu shot and the new Covid booster because we just started basketball season and I’m going to be in a school for the next three months. We aren’t sailing anywhere until February after my HS basketball season ends. I’ll be living vicariously through everyone until then. 

• Like 2

Several people on our cruise last week either came home with Covid or a viral infection.  There is something going around so be careful.  My DW came home with Covid.  I tested negative and am not sick.  My work is very understanding and asked me to work from home all week to be on the safe side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dreamscaper, thank you for your input on the dining rooms. I am so used to be assigned to just one dining room, as that way, we get to know our waitstaff and vice versa. Am I correct to understand that all the dining rooms have the same menu for the night?

I don't believe I have mention this before, but if I did, I'm sorry. In regard to the champagne tower, if there is one on this ship, I would like to know, as the ship I seen it on was the dawn. I remember pouring champagne (not drinking) into the glasses, and it was so neat, and I did that 23 years ago.

• Like 4

I have a question if there are any Princess people around here. My Princess plus thing had like two meals at “casual restaurants.” I saw on another unmentionable website someone named off a couple places that were allegedly included in that deal and Alfredo’s was one. But on two of the video tours I’ve watched the people have said Alfredo’s is just free. So what’s the deal with the “casual” meals?

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I have a question if there are any Princess people around here. My Princess plus thing had like two meals at “casual restaurants.” I saw on another unmentionable website someone named off a couple places that were allegedly included in that deal and Alfredo’s was one. But on two of the video tours I’ve watched the people have said Alfredo’s is just free. So what’s the deal with the “casual” meals?

@Saint Greg Previously Alfredos did not have a charge. Now, there is a user fee. Plus includes two visits to casual restaurants. Alfredos is one of these. I think Vines is also now on the list of casual restaurants and it is for the tapas offered there. This also used to be included without a charge. Changes came about this year...recently. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 3:19 PM, Saint Greg said:

Another thing I see on the schedule a few times is Good Spirits Cocktail experience. It says it's based on the Good Spirits TV show..

There's a little crossover here because ever since Carnival cut back their TV stations to basically nothing, the default channel I've been leaving the TV on is Ocean View. That channel shows Ocean Treks, The Explorer, Vacation Creation and Good Spirits.

Good Spirits is about a bartender who travels around and collects local ingredients for a special cocktail he makes at the end of the show.

Best bar on Princess.  We did 14 days in 2022 on the Discovery and another 14 in May/June this year on the Majestic in Alaska.  As you know we primarily cruise Carnival, but Princess has supplanted them as our favorite.  The Plus package is the best value at sea in our opinion.

The Good Spirits at Sea has a special bar menu that is only good from 530-closing.  About 18 upgraded craft cocktails that are great.  The Sandia en Fuego is made with Don Julio Reposado, muddled watermelon chunks and serrano peppers. The Barbados Swizzler is a rum based drink that is also very good.  All of these drinks are covered by the Plus package.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Saint Greg Previously Alfredos did not have a charge. Now, there is a user fee. Plus includes two visits to casual restaurants. Alfredos is one of these. I think Vines is also now on the list of casual restaurants and it is for the tapas offered there. This also used to be included without a charge. Changes came about this year...recently. 

A “user fee?” That must be a real recent change because I made sure I didn’t watch any old videos so I could avoid old info. They were within the past year for sure.

Edited by Saint Greg