Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

For those who don’t know this ship is the one they filmed the unsuccessful show “The Real Love Boat” on last year.

IMG_5748.thumb.webp.b542313e87b55acf99d3b41551b52bc6.webp

And for Princess people who may not know “The Real Love Boat” CD was my CD on Carnival Vista in 2019.

IMG_5746.thumb.jpeg.8cf71cb4a47af9888e2dd2005542d13e.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

On the OBC thing I never got a reply to my second request. Earlier this week I found out about the new way to request shareholder OBC through the stock perks app and I requested it that way. I checked the status yesterday and it said I was approved. But it says check your email for details and I still don’t have any emails on it so I’ll believe it when I see it. If I did get it I may try to book the chefs table because I’m not sure how I’ll spend $350 with everything except specialty restaurants paid for.

IMG_5737.thumb.jpeg.1cb5a4af69cf81e3fc15367683db2dc6.jpeg

You could always use OBC to upgrade to premiere package on the ship, then you have specialty dining included (x2) as well as unlimited casual, and the more expensive drinks...

Looking forward to seeing your take on Princess - they have always been my go-to line but not so much these days!

• Like 5

@Saint Greg...thanks for the movie ratings.....guessing since you rated Equalizer 3 pretty high up on your list that Denzel still has what it takes?   Also surprised to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding rated high on your list.......haven't seen either but will be watching for when they are available in my home!

That is WILD about your Houston buddy....even if it was an immigration situation, not a very smart move, but then just my opinion...could become a $$$$$ mistake!

Have a great cruise.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You could always use OBC to upgrade to premiere package on the ship, then you have specialty dining included (x2) as well as unlimited casual, and the more expensive drinks...

Looking forward to seeing your take on Princess - they have always been my go-to line but not so much these days!

What does that cost? I don’t know if I’d use much of that. I think all of the drinks I would get are covered already. I don’t know that I’d use more than the two casual meals I already have. So we might just be talking about two specialty dinners $50-80.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

What does that cost? I don’t know if I’d use much of that. I think all of the drinks I would get are covered already. I don’t know that I’d use more than the two casual meals I already have. So we might just be talking about two specialty dinners $50-80.

It's an extra $20 per day - also includes photos (but I'm guessing you're not interested in those..lol), and the enormous gross desserts (sugar coma). For me, it was worth it for the unlimited casual dining - Alfredos is the bomb, Ocean Terrace sushi is awesome, the Vines new menu is really good. I went to casual dining for lunch rather than MDR each day...

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's an extra $20 per day - also includes photos (but I'm guessing you're not interested in those..lol), and the enormous gross desserts (sugar coma). For me, it was worth it for the unlimited casual dining - Alfredos is the bomb, Ocean Terrace sushi is awesome, the Vines new menu is really good. I went to casual dining for lunch rather than MDR each day...

I believe @Saint Greg already pays an extra $20 pd to NOT have any photographs taken...

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

On the OBC thing I never got a reply to my second request. Earlier this week I found out about the new way to request shareholder OBC through the stock perks app and I requested it that way. I checked the status yesterday and it said I was approved. But it says check your email for details and I still don’t have any emails on it so I’ll believe it when I see it. If I did get it I may try to book the chefs table because I’m not sure how I’ll spend $350 with everything except specialty restaurants paid for.

IMG_5737.thumb.jpeg.1cb5a4af69cf81e3fc15367683db2dc6.jpeg

Do you have a link to the stock perk app?  I sent my request for stockholder credit 3 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything except the auto reply that said it could take up to 21 days for approval.  Thanks!

On 11/10/2023 at 12:18 AM, Saint Greg said:

A “user fee?” That must be a real recent change because I made sure I didn’t watch any old videos so I could avoid old info. They were within the past year for sure.

Hi. Greg, I see you have discovered one of the reasons I was not fond of our Princess cruise.  They changed the Plus and Premium plans prior to us sailing, and it was quite confusing what was included with our Plus plan versus the Premier plan.  We booked Plus, and somewhere along the way, they added Premium.

We did eat at Alfredo’s on embarkation day, and I had the pizza (which is quite good by the way).  I believe my meal was free as it was pizza, but my two sisters paid for their meals.  They were not aware they would have to pay until after we had eaten.  We were all under the assumption embarkation day lunch was included as it was included before all they added Premium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrincessPatti said:

Hi. Greg, I see you have discovered one of the reasons I was not fond of our Princess cruise.  They changed the Plus and Premium plans prior to us sailing, and it was quite confusing what was included with our Plus plan versus the Premier plan.  We booked Plus, and somewhere along the way, they added Premium.

We did eat at Alfredo’s on embarkation day, and I had the pizza (which is quite good by the way).  I believe my meal was free as it was pizza, but my two sisters paid for their meals.  They were not aware they would have to pay until after we had eaten.  We were all under the assumption embarkation day lunch was included as it was included before all they added Premium.

I don't know when your cruise was but since they instituted Alfredo's as a pay restaurant ( beginning of August sometime) everything is a la carte with pricing on the menu for prix fix for $14.99.  Before it was a pay restaurant they had and still have a few specialty pizzas which have a price next to them listed on the menu.  Maybe the excitement of the beginning of the cruise it was not noticed.

19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

For over a year now I’ve been posting my new movie rankings on theses threads. My cruises seem to be quarterly so it works out. I’m going to keep that going now so…

Here are my fall movie rankings. 32 movies in 35 days.

The Creator
Equalizer 3
Saw X
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
Outlaw Johnny Black
Shelter in Solitude
Killers of the Flower Moon
Dumb Money
The Expend4bles
Soul Mates
The Marsh Kings’s Daughter
Camp Hideout
Journey to Bethlehem
The Nun II
Freelance
Aristotle and Dante
The Marvels
Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
The Blind
Butcher’s Crossing
The Retirement Plan
A Haunting in Venice
After Everything
Bottoms
The Kill Room
It’s a Wonderful Knife
The Canterville Ghost
The Exorcist: Believer
What Happens Later
Five Nights at Freddy’s 
It Lives Inside
The Inventor

I see Barbie is not on your list. We very rarely watch movies, but we were on Independence of the Seas and thought it would be nice to see a movie on deck during the evening. We promised ourselves we would watch 30 minutes before deciding if we liked it or not, but after seven minutes, we just couldn’t take any more and bailed. 

• Haha 8

48 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I see Barbie is not on your list. We very rarely watch movies, but we were on Independence of the Seas and thought it would be nice to see a movie on deck during the evening. We promised ourselves we would watch 30 minutes before deciding if we liked it or not, but after seven minutes, we just couldn’t take any more and bailed. 

It was on the summer list.

• Like 3