Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

CrusinSusan70, I don't like champagne in the first place, so I didn't want to drink it, even if it was offered to me. I just thought it would be an "unusual picture" to be taken, which it was, and it really turned out good with me pouring the champagne into the tower.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Carnival is like no dining room for lunch. You pretty much have to be on a journeys cruise for MDR lunch. They have sea day brunch which used to go to 1 or 1:30. Now they close at noon. To me noon is lunch time. I don’t see how you can have brunch without including lunch time. Without that there’s no unch. It should just be called br.

With your Plus package, you can pick up pretty tasty items at the International Cafe at no charge.  It's usually beside the coffee bar.  I have recently been on Discovery and the dining room menus for lunch are pretty boring I thought.  There were a couple pub type places open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.  More like bar food though.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Looks like two times at the pizza place. Unless I want to try sushi. I haven't eaten very much sushi. I did have some from a gas station in Palmer, Alaska.

There is a free pizza place & grill (burgers, tacos, hot dogs) poolside. All solid.

(not up to Guy Fieri's...but solid)

There is also 24 hour International Cafe off Piazza. Different offerings through the day--breakfast is pastries, fruit, egg bites, etc; later there are small salads, sandwiches, cookies. It is served TO you so not buffet style. This is a fav grab & go spot for us. (very much missed this on the Island Princess last month)

We did our 1st Carnival cruise (after 25 cruises, 10 on Princess) in January on the Miracle to Hawaii & loved it. 

Princess doesn't have as much trivia as the Miracle did, and fewer comedians to be sure (but Oscar is one of the few on ships besides Carnival I have liked!), but game shows are generally great fun (if they have Hollywood Hiccups do not miss!).Production shows generally about like Carnival's--meh. 

But many movie offerings & the best TV selection at sea (not in our room much but when you want a quiet day...or the only place you can "stomach" due to waves is your room, you REALLY appreciate this!

We are on the Regal for 28 days in April, so getting my Regal fix following you along. Enjoy!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragdollbd said:

With your Plus package, you can pick up pretty tasty items at the International Cafe at no charge.  It's usually beside the coffee bar.  I have recently been on Discovery and the dining room menus for lunch are pretty boring I thought.  There were a couple pub type places open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.  More like bar food though.  

The cost of the food in the International Cafe  is always included in the cruise fare.  Plus will cover the coffees/teas that come with an additional cost.  

• Like 3

The different ones that have posted about different places to get food really helps me. Now one of my questions is, do I have to Google, or whatever the "name" of the "specialty restaurants" to find out what kind of food they serve, or how do I go about to see their menu?

7 hours ago, beshears said:

CrusinSusan70, I don't like champagne in the first place, so I didn't want to drink it, even if it was offered to me. 

I know down through the years with most of my cruises, they generally have a $10 - $15 sale close to the end of the cruise. Is that being done on the Regal ship?

Yes, they do, but unfortunately it's only on bottles of champagne 🍾😉😉😉

For over a year now I’ve been posting my new movie rankings on theses threads. My cruises seem to be quarterly so it works out. I’m going to keep that going now so…

Here are my fall movie rankings. 32 movies in 35 days.

The Creator
Equalizer 3
Saw X
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
Outlaw Johnny Black
Shelter in Solitude
Killers of the Flower Moon
Dumb Money
The Expend4bles
Soul Mates
The Marsh Kings’s Daughter
Camp Hideout
Journey to Bethlehem
The Nun II
Freelance
Aristotle and Dante
The Marvels
Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
The Blind
Butcher’s Crossing
The Retirement Plan
A Haunting in Venice
After Everything
Bottoms
The Kill Room
It’s a Wonderful Knife
The Canterville Ghost
The Exorcist: Believer
What Happens Later
Five Nights at Freddy’s 
It Lives Inside
The Inventor

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It just dawned on me to ask. I know down through the years with most of my cruises, they generally have a $10 - $15 sale close to the end of the cruise. Is that being done on the Regal ship?

I hasn't been on either of the cruises we took this year. One was on the Ruby out of Galveston and one was a California coastal on the Emerald. I can't remember the last time I saw one. It may be because Princess is not doing the store anymore ;some other company is in charge.

2 hours ago, beshears said:

The different ones that have posted about different places to get food really helps me. Now one of my questions is, do I have to Google, or whatever the "name" of the "specialty restaurants" to find out what kind of food they serve, or how do I go about to see their menu?

They are on the Princess website with pictures of the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. It even has a sample menu that is pretty close to what it usually is. Scroll down this page: https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/ships/gp-regal-princess

• Like 1

Heard from my friend in Houston tonight. Sounds like we’re still on for tomorrow. But there’s been a development. He got married yesterday…to someone he’s known less than a month. He’s afraid to tell his family. Always has been the king of wise decisions…

• Like 2
  • Haha 30

35 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

For over a year now I’ve been posting my new movie rankings on theses threads. My cruises seem to be quarterly so it works out. I’m going to keep that going now so…

Here are my fall movie rankings. 32 movies in 35 days.

The Creator
Equalizer 3
Saw X
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
Outlaw Johnny Black
Shelter in Solitude
Killers of the Flower Moon
Dumb Money
The Expend4bles
Soul Mates
The Marsh Kings’s Daughter
Camp Hideout
Journey to Bethlehem
The Nun II
Freelance
Aristotle and Dante
The Marvels
Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
The Blind
Butcher’s Crossing
The Retirement Plan
A Haunting in Venice
After Everything
Bottoms
The Kill Room
It’s a Wonderful Knife
The Canterville Ghost
The Exorcist: Believer
What Happens Later
Five Nights at Freddy’s 
It Lives Inside
The Inventor

You didn't see Taylor Swift's Eras Tour? 😳 I was hoping to get your thoughts here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Saint Greg, you JUST heard from your friend who is going with you, and he JUST got married to someone he has known less than a month. Oh my, what kind of decision is that??? 😞

Mary Ann 2, thank you for your input to give me a little "idea" of what some of the speciality restaurants, and other food places serve.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, beshears said:

Saint Greg, you JUST heard from your friend who is going with you, and he JUST got married to someone he has known less than a month. Oh my, what kind of decision is that??? 😞

Not going with me. I always cruise solo. He just wanted me to visit him in Houston the day before the cruise. Have dinner. Stay at his place instead of getting my pre-cruise hotel. But the rest of it is correct. I’d call it a poor decision. It’s surprising but not surprising. From what I know so far I’m speculating there may have been an immigration situation.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Last nights dream ended with me getting grilled by a chef (pun intended). I remember boarding the ship. And in case you haven’t read these before somehow in my dreams I don’t know what cruise ships look like. It was more like boarding a military cargo plane.

But it had a main dining room. I just had a few bites of French toast and this chef comes out screaming demanding to know what was wrong with it and why I didn’t finish it. I mean this French toast was huge. Not uncle Buck pancake huge but it was in like one of those big sheets you’d bake brownies on. So he’s yelling at me going through everything with the French toast and I woke up.

That was at 2am so I didn’t think I’d remember it but I did. No clue what I dreamed about after 2am though.

• Haha 16

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Heard from my friend in Houston tonight. Sounds like we’re still on for tomorrow. But there’s been a development. He got married yesterday…to someone he’s known less than a month. He’s afraid to tell his family. Always has been the king of wise decisions…

So, are you still going to be staying with said friend on the night after their "honeymoon"?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

So, are you still going to be staying with said friend on the night after their "honeymoon"?...

It doesn’t sound like a very traditional wedding situation. He worked last night. He’s working this morning.They live in the same apartment complex so I don’t know if they’ve moved in together yet or not. But I will definitely be open to still getting the hotel after dinner if the opportunity presents itself.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

On the OBC thing I never got a reply to my second request. Earlier this week I found out about the new way to request shareholder OBC through the stock perks app and I requested it that way. I checked the status yesterday and it said I was approved. But it says check your email for details and I still don’t have any emails on it so I’ll believe it when I see it. If I did get it I may try to book the chefs table because I’m not sure how I’ll spend $350 with everything except specialty restaurants paid for.

IMG_5737.thumb.jpeg.1cb5a4af69cf81e3fc15367683db2dc6.jpeg

• Like 9