Liveish MS Rotterdam Partial Panama Canal, November 12-24

rafinmd

Roy’s Tuesday evening update:

(I think there is a typo but don’t want change his text)

It is likely I will be discharged tomorrow, probably late in September day.  The main activity for the day was a test walk which I thought was a bit on the short side but is apparently the standard duration and the staff was satisfied.  I have apparently been dehydrated while trying to shed water and they are changing my medication to better get rid of excess water without the dehydration.  The new medicine is also a pill rather than an IV.  I’m feeling pretty hopeful.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

You must be feeling somewhat better (at least), as you are posting. Certainly hope I am right about that. 
Since they are going to increase your fluids, you may be able to get ice cream soon. Something to look forward to! 

How's the food? And your appetite? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You must be feeling somewhat better (at least), as you are posting. Certainly hope I am right about that. 
Since they are going to increase your fluids, you may be able to get ice cream soon. Something to look forward to! 

How's the food? And your appetite? 

The food, especially today was surprisingly good. Not a lot of choices but always something I enjoyed and today I got to eat it hot with minimal interruptions.

Roy 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

The food, especially today was surprisingly good. Not a lot of choices but always something I enjoyed and today I got to eat it hot with minimal interruptions.

Roy 

Yea! 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry that the hospital food does not rate your usual photo montage. But if it does, caption it with "Club OR-ange".

Hope you on the way to a full recovery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Roy’s Wednesday morning update:

Not sure what to think now and I likely will leave today.  Doctor said there is some heart failure but apparently a difference in emphasis from doctors at home and he said the signs have been there some time while effects have been minimal up to now. 

Cardiologist was just here.  Indicated I will need followup soon once home.  

Slept a bit better last night.

Yesterday’s walk was just to the end of the hall and back.  I’ve done twice that this morning; it was only 6 minutes but better than nothing.  I will try to walk more today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Discharged around 4:30, Lyft to the main hospital, and now at a hotel nearby.  Drive to Viera tomorrow and board auto train Firday.  Should be home Saturday afternoon.

I think I'm pretty sleep deprived and will be in bed fairly soon.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Happy you are on your way home. I know the drive to Sanford isn't too far from where the hospital is, but you are weak, so I hope the 2-day drive makes it a bit easier for you. 

Get a good sleep. And maybe some ice cream.
 😉

• Like 7

I was discharged about 4:30 with Lift to the hospital but to the wrong entrance.  A nurse actually walked with me to the right entrance and I was at the  just before dark.  

My first order of business was booking the train back home and then dinner at the hotel and a reservation for Thursday.  I was in bed about 9 and slept quite well until about 6:30.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Glad to read that you are on your way, Roy. Hope the rest of the trip is not so, shall we say 'exciting'. Dull and boring until you can relax on the train sounds just about right. 

Remember that other than making that train, there is NOTHING that HAS to be done. Your body's needs come first. 
Take care.
(oh, and maybe some ice cream. make the cardiologists happy and get the low fat stuff.) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1