Liveish MS Rotterdam Partial Panama Canal, November 12-24

rafinmd

Roy

I too give you thanks for taking us along with you on your cruise.  I do hope you feel able to cruise again.  I certainly understand if you can't

best wishes

Charles

Edited by ChaCr
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saturday, November 25, 2023 Fort Lauderdale, FL

It was a quiet day and I took no photos nor did a lot.  I was up about 5:30 and breakfast was waffles and sausage at the hotel.

I only left the hotel once, a trip to Panera for lunch and take out dinner and then a stop at Publix.  I was back at the hotel about 2 and watched Nieuw Amsterdam leave Port Everglades on the webcam.

I expect to be in bed pretty early tonight as my energy level is quite low.  Tomorrow will be a travel day with a church service in Miami Beach and then on closer to Sanford.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Saturday, November 25, 2023 Fort Lauderdale, FL

It was a quiet day and I took no photos nor did a lot.  I was up about 5:30 and breakfast was waffles and sausage at the hotel.

I only left the hotel once, a trip to Panera for lunch and take out dinner and then a stop at Publix.  I was back at the hotel about 2 and watched Nieuw Amsterdam leave Port Everglades on the webcam.

I expect to be in bed pretty early tonight as my energy level is quite low.  Tomorrow will be a travel day with a church service in Miami Beach and then on closer to Sanford.

Roy

Waffles and sausage! Yum!   Excellent thread, Roy, most enjoyable, very readable. So happy that you got to see the new Panama locks. Have an easy trip home.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

omg roy.  what are you doing in the hospital?  how long will you be there?  my best wishes and hopes for your speedy recovery.

I suspect Roy will be there for at least another day.  I posted his update on today’s Daily thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I’ve been quiet and in the hospital.  Updates on the HAL current Fleet Report and Daily.

Roy

I'm so sorry to read this, Roy. I'll try to find your post on the Daily. 
If you do any more updates, please consider posting them on this thread, as not everyone reads the Daily. 

• Like 2

I have received permission from Roy to post on his LIVe thread wit his updates.

He decided before heading back to get checked out of ER with his declining energy.

this is the first update I receive this morning in bold.

Last night was rough but hopefully beneficial.  I turned off the lights about 8 but there was a steady stream of people not well coordinated.

I think the doctor came in about 8, then about 9 one person asking me to watch a video as another asked me to turn down the tv while she drew blood; at the end of the video I was supposed to answer questions on my phone which was outside my reach.

More medication at 10, at midnight a nurse came in with a nebulizer and while it was running another came in with an oral thermometer.

2:20 I was taken down for a Ct scan and 4:30 an ultrasound of my leg.  Quiet since then but no word yet about breakfast.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

And this is this afternoon’s update I received:

Well It’s Monday afternoon.  Tech for echocardiogram came 8:15 and breakfast 8:30.  By the time the tech left 9:30 most had to be microwaved.  More tests and other stuff but I did spend some time in a chair.  Lunch about 12:30 and at 2 I was told I’m being moved to 379 (admitted vs observation) and am now there.  No reports on the latest tests yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Roy’s update for this morning:

Monday night was at least somewhat better with just 1 interruption for vital’s but I don’t think I actually got a lot of sleep;  it seemed to be almost a nodding off.

No plan yet; the doctor should be by this morning with implications of my echo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A mid day update from Roy:

This morning is somewhat better but not great.

The doctor came in about 9:30.  We talked about the echo results and said it doesn’t look like heart failure but will consult with the cardiologist.  This loosens up my fluid restriction, good as I feel somewhat dehydrated.  Breakfast was a bit late but I got to eat it hot.  Still no discharge plan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you, @kazu for the updates.  They are very much appreciated.

@rafinmd Roy, I am so very sorry to hear of your poor health, but I am happy to hear that you went to the hospital and you are being taken care of.  I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and positive results from their investigations.  Rest and take care, and know that we are all pulling for you.  💐

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1