Requesting OBC/Stockperks

ShipWalker

2 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

AAARGH!!!! Another process that requires a smartphone! Glad that I received the OBC for our February 2024 cruise already. Maybe by the time they extend it for our November 2024 and April 2025 cruises, there will be a way to create a StockPerks account without a smartphone. Maybe one of our children can do it for us??????

Has anyone located a website for them and tried it online vs an app on a phone?

I'm now kicking myself (well, I would be if I was still flexible) for not previously submitting all of bookings.

• Haha 1

There are always a few that ruin things for everyone. When and how a person trades and holds their stocks for the purpose of investments is their own business.

However, I have seen people boast on these forums about cleverly buying 100 shares of CCL stock solely for the purpose of getting OBC, printing out the shareholders proof, and selling the stock again within an hour or so of buying it. The printout is kept and used to claim shareholders credit for cruises they book later on.
THAT is a deliberate scam, pure and simple. That is why the rest of us are facing new hoops to jump through.

• Like 7

I have just spoken on the phone with the Chief Customer Officer at Stockperks and have been given the following information to pass along.

1) If you are having issues with the app getting your shareholder OBC entered (such as I am with my iPhone6),

send the relevant documentation by email to: hello@stockperks.com

- reservation details (full name, reservation number, date of sailing and email associated with the booking)
- proof of Carnival stock ownership (from within the last 3 months)
- on the document they need to see your name, the brokerage name, a date and how many CCL shares you own.

2) They are working on a webpage they hope to have operational by the end of the year in which to enter your information to get your shareholder OBC.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

27 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

I have just spoken on the phone with the Chief Customer Officer at Stockperks and have been given the following information to pass along.

1) If you are having issues with the app getting your shareholder OBC entered (such as I am with my iPhone6),

send the relevant documentation by email to: hello@stockperks.com

- reservation details (full name, reservation number, date of sailing and email associated with the booking)
- proof of Carnival stock ownership (from within the last 3 months)
- on the document they need to see your name, the brokerage name, a date and how many CCL shares you own.

2) They are working on a webpage they hope to have operational by the end of the year in which to enter your information to get your shareholder OBC.

Thanks. That's very helpful.

On 11/14/2023 at 4:37 PM, Cruise Suzy said:

AAARGH!!!! Another process that requires a smartphone! Glad that I received the OBC for our February 2024 cruise already. Maybe by the time they extend it for our November 2024 and April 2025 cruises, there will be a way to create a StockPerks account without a smartphone. Maybe one of our children can do it for us??????

On 11/14/2023 at 4:49 PM, Cruise Suzy said:

I went to https://www.stockperks.com/ and it is definitively a phone app.

image.png.1db69f116d75e8b2ade58abc04c12cc4.png

You can download the app on an Ipad as well - in case that is of help to anyone.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

You can download the app on an Ipad as well - in case that is of help to anyone.

The struggle I'm having is it wants to validate my email, which I cannot access from my phone, so I have to bounce back & forth between 2 devices - grrrr!

Not getting personal email on my phone is a whole big, complicated, frustrating mess, so this may have sent me spinning...

16 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

The struggle I'm having is it wants to validate my email, which I cannot access from my phone, so I have to bounce back & forth between 2 devices - grrrr!

Not getting personal email on my phone is a whole big, complicated, frustrating mess, so this may have sent me spinning...

I hear you.  I didn’t want email on my phone either.

It’s why I prefer apps like this on my Ipad.  I can verify on it and do the app on the one device.  

Good luck !

• Thanks 1

For those without a smartphone, here's the reply from CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com

Hello,

Yes we are moving away from this manual application process and are now partnered with StockPerks.

We have not yet announced the method of processing for those who cannot access StockPerks, this will be announced in due course.

Kind Regards,

World Cruise Reservations
Holland America Line  
Phone: 800-522-3399
Fax#: 206-501-2620

• Thanks 2

On Tuesday I emailed our info to the CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com and had zero problems. They emailed on Thursday saying the credit was posted to our account. No mention of using the app. 

I made sure to include our booking number in the subject line, included the ship name and sail date on the PDF. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/7/2023 at 11:57 AM, ShipWalker said:

Requested shareholder OBC w/Princess on Saturday & just now received an email with this link to use instead to download an app.

Noted HAL was listed, also. Has this been process been implemented w/HAL, too?

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

"Dear ShipWalker,

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program. 

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app. 

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Kind regards, 

Russel R.

Commercial Compliance Support"

I faxed my proof of Carnival shares to the HAL World Cruise Reservations number 206-270-6080 and received confirmation of $100 onboard credit via email a few days later.  I'm old school, haha!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skipper's Mom said:

I faxed my proof of Carnival shares to the HAL World Cruise Reservations number 206-270-6080 and received confirmation of $100 onboard credit via email a few days later.  I'm old school, haha!

I emailed my OBC request along  with proof of Carnival  share ownership to HAL two days ago and received a reply the following day that the OBC credits had been posted to my next cruise. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account or provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information. 

StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/missure financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will also send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs.

I understand we all want to get our OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.  

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have.

Additionally, I got the clarification that StockPerks is falsely advertising that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are also using them. As of now it is ONLY CARNIVAL that is using StockPerks to cut costs and reduce their in-house employees that are dedicated to processing these requests. Shame on Carnival for the lack of proper information and falsely sending out emails recommending to their shareholders that it is "recommended" that they link their brokerage accounts to StockPerks when it is not at all needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rajraj said:

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account or provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information. 

StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/missure financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will also send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs.

I understand we all want to get our OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.  

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have.

Additionally, I got the clarification that StockPerks is falsely advertising that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are also using them. As of now it is ONLY CARNIVAL that is using StockPerks to cut costs and reduce their in-house employees that are dedicated to processing these requests. Shame on Carnival for the lack of proper information and falsely sending out emails recommending to their shareholders that it is "recommended" that they link their brokerage accounts to StockPerks when it is not at all needed.

Thanks for the warnings. I refused to do this for some upcoming Princess and Holland America cruises  and fortunately my Princess Vacation Planner was able to get the OBC for me on the Princess cruise and for the Holland America one  I just followed the old process of emailing my cruise details and a redacted brokerage statement  for the Carnival share ownership and the OBC credits were added the following day. 

19 minutes ago, jakobj11 said:

Thanks for the warnings. I refused to do this for some upcoming Princess and Holland America cruises  and fortunately my Princess Vacation Planner was able to get the OBC for me on the Princess cruise and for the Holland America one  I just followed the old process of emailing my cruise details and a redacted brokerage statement  for the Carnival share ownership and the OBC credits were added the following day. 

That's great. I have heard Princess is flexible but Carnival (even though they are part of the same parent company they have different teams) is adamant on forcing customers to use the App and they also shamelessly recommend that you link your brokerage account to the App. It is about time Carnival got rid of Stephanie Duffy and John Heald you are just dead weight. Fresh energy and leadership is required at Carnival big time!

16 minutes ago, rajraj said:

That's great. I have heard Princess is flexible but Carnival (even though they are part of the same parent company they have different teams) is adamant on forcing customers to use the App and they also shamelessly recommend that you link your brokerage account to the App. It is about time Carnival got rid of Stephanie Duffy and John Heald you are just dead weight. Fresh energy and leadership is required at Carnival big time!

I sure don't like the idea of letting them have  brokerage account information. That's personal information same as banking accounts.  . 

Just now, jakobj11 said:

I sure don't like the idea of letting them have  brokerage account information. That's personal information same as banking accounts.  . 

Completely agree. Additionally it is not even required. Shame on Carnival for recommending that we share our brokerage information with this 3rd party. Shame on Carnival!

18 minutes ago, rajraj said:

Reports from my Tahiti roll call is that HAL is also now requiring everyone use stockperks, although someone did report they were able to get HAL to do it last week, but apparently that's changing.

I have a Carnival cruise booked next month. Their shoreside service is leaps and bounds above HAL. Even thought they are the same parent company, Carnival's web site is nearly flawless! IMO every single cruise line has pros and cons. 

2 minutes ago, jakobj11 said:

Don't do it!! It's not required. 

@rajraj where are you seeing Carnival recommending we share our stock info? 

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Reports from my Tahiti roll call is that HAL is also now requiring everyone use stockperks, although someone did report they were able to get HAL to do it last week, but apparently that's changing.

I have a Carnival cruise booked next month. Their shoreside service is leaps and bounds above HAL. Even thought they are the same parent company, Carnival's web site is nearly flawless! IMO every single cruise line has pros and cons. 

Don't do it!! It's not required. 

@rajraj where are you seeing Carnival recommending we share our stock info? 

In the email that was sent to me when I reached out to them under the old process. If you read other posts on cruise critic you will see that many have linked their brokerage accounts and there is no information on how to unlink accounts once linked either on the Carnival website or the StockPerks website.

1 minute ago, rajraj said:

In the email that was sent to me when I reached out to them under the old process. If you read other posts on cruise critic you will see that many have linked their brokerage accounts and there is no information on how to unlink accounts once linked either on the Carnival website or the StockPerks website.

I agree, that is shady on the part of Carnival. I sure do hope that people stop linking their accounts.  I'm not sold on the stockperk as a company. I know it's real and lots of cruise lines have already made the switch, but this is what I wrote on my roll call a few days ago.......

Wework, a company valued nearly 50B also also filed an abrupt bankruptcy a few weeks ago. Why is this relevant? The President and Cofounder of Stockperks (Agnies Watson) is married to WeWork CTO who also happens to be the President and CEO of Stockperks (Ken Watson). Might not mean anything, right? 😉 

image.png.363cef87771492862688ac521e1a0b35.png

https://www.stockperks.com/about

Last week this was on the front page of Stockperks webpage. Of the 6 companies listed, 3 already filed for bankruptcy (Wework, Rite Aid, smile direct) and the other three aren't companies I'd invest in.  Since last week, stockperks removed WeWork, RiteAid, and Smiledirect from its front page advertising, but still. I don't like it.

image.png.2d8349d1f51a8d5229453bc6480be924.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/britneynguyen/2023/11/07/weworks-rise-to-47-billion-and-fall-to-bankruptcy-a-timeline/?sh=1dd2221bc666

Moral of the story: I have no insider information. Just a little bit of google research is enough to make me hesitant about giving this company any more information than is absolutely required.. Remember to select  Alinea as the option when uploading your information. Again, there is no reason to give this company any more of you portfolio data than CCL requires. 

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I agree, that is shady on the part of Carnival. I sure do hope that people stop linking their accounts.  I'm not sold on the stockperk as a company. I know it's real and lots of cruise lines have already made the switch, but this is what I wrote on my roll call a few days ago.......

Wework, a company valued nearly 50B also also filed an abrupt bankruptcy a few weeks ago. Why is this relevant? The President and Cofounder of Stockperks (Agnies Watson) is married to WeWork CTO who also happens to be the President and CEO of Stockperks (Ken Watson). Might not mean anything, right? 😉 

image.png.363cef87771492862688ac521e1a0b35.png

https://www.stockperks.com/about

Last week this was on the front page of Stockperks webpage. Of the 6 companies listed, 3 already filed for bankruptcy (Wework, Rite Aid, smile direct) and the other three aren't companies I'd invest in.  Since last week, stockperks removed WeWork, RiteAid, and Smiledirect from its front page advertising, but still. I don't like it.

image.png.2d8349d1f51a8d5229453bc6480be924.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/britneynguyen/2023/11/07/weworks-rise-to-47-billion-and-fall-to-bankruptcy-a-timeline/?sh=1dd2221bc666

Moral of the story: I have no insider information. Just a little bit of google research is enough to make me hesitant about giving this company any more information than is absolutely required.. Remember to select  Alinea as the option when uploading your information. Again, there is no reason to give this company any more of you portfolio data than CCL requires. 

You are smart. Protecting sensitive data such as personal and financial information is everyone's personal responsibility. As of now Carnival is the only cruise line using this 3rd party. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian have not yet started using this 3rd party for now. 

I ignored the recommendation from Carnival, just got a letter from my brokerage firm, redacted my address and my brokerage account number and got the shares approved by the 3rd party. I did not share my entire or partial brokerage statement or link my brokerage account to this 3rd party.