Requesting OBC/Stockperks

ShipWalker

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Someone could easily buy the stock right before sailing and sell it while waiting in the taxi line at debarkation, never intending to hold the stock longer than a couple weeks. This would meet all the CCL terms. I don't see how that's classless or fraudulent. 

BTW: I'm far from a professional trader. Hope I didn't come off that way. I trade for entertainment and to support my travel addiction 😄 

You are definitely correct. In fact, for cruiseaholics like us, getting the best bang for our $$$ has definitely become a part of our cruising "way of life". The key is to keep up with each cruise line's "rules of engagement", as they continue to be modified based on supply and demand. 

That's where CC has definitely become a viable asset when changes are made on each cruise line we sail with. I still remember when we didn't realize for our first 5 cruises that we could refare a HAL cruise. That is until I joined CC back in 2016. What a huge difference that made!

18 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK. Panic time over. I'm now a believer in the StockPerks method. The key is to select the Alinea option, as it takes you to the "Upload brokerage statement" option. Whatever you do, don't select the Plaid option where they start asking for your Broker's information, etc.  

image.png.227bfe8917d3439e7f9e26577ad49f38.png

OK, we just completed the initial process to upload our current brokerage statement. Now we wait for up to 2 days for the manual "approval process" to take place before we can actually request SOBC to be reapplied to 2 of the 3 cruises we have booked that sail prior to July 31, 2024.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The OP's post is referring to a Princess SHB request through the StockPerk app. I just referenced another way Princess is allowing you to submit your SHB request, which we will be doing for 3 upcoming PCL cruises in the next few days. The 4th post is quoting some HAL CVP and again from StockPerks.

So, if someone doesn't desire to go through this new unknown third party StockPerk process where you give them access to your stockbroker account, you won't be able to get SHB OBC? I guess time will tell how that will work out for those that don't have the means and/or desire to do so. 

Now, this may all be a done deal. But, sorry, StockPerk is not getting access to our brokerage information, especially not how it is currently implemented.

I am totally with you on not allowing StockPerk access to our brokerage account. Not going to happen, and I'm also not going to give them any other information than just my name and email address. But I was able to successfully process the stock credit for an upcoming Princess cruise without allowing them brokerage access or giving them any of the other info that they optimistically ask for. That worked fine, and I see the credit on my cruise details now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

I am totally with you on not allowing StockPerk access to our brokerage account. Not going to happen, and I'm also not going to give them any other information than just my name and email address. But I was able to successfully process the stock credit for an upcoming Princess cruise without allowing them brokerage access or giving them any of the other info that they optimistically ask for. That worked fine, and I see the credit on my cruise details now.

I take it you used the Alivea option, which allows you to manually upload your brokerage statement, rather than the default Plaid option which requires you to log onto your brokerage account?

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I take it you used the Alivea option, which allows you to manually upload your brokerage statement, rather than the default Plaid option which requires you to log onto your brokerage account?

I never saw either or those options that I can remember. I just walked through the wizard, entered my brokerage company and uploaded the statement. I never got asked to log into the brokerage account, and I would have noped the heck out of there if I had been, even though I set up a completely separate account at a different brokerage firm for this. Not sure why I did that, since it would have been simpler to just go through an account I already have. 

6 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I never saw either or those options that I can remember. I just walked through the wizard, entered my brokerage company and uploaded the statement. I never got asked to log into the brokerage account, and I would have noped the heck out of there if I had been, even though I set up a completely separate account at a different brokerage firm for this. Not sure why I did that, since it would have been simpler to just go through an account I already have. 

Interesting. In any event, I'm just glad we found out about the StockPerks "Alivea" option after clicking on the Princess option, which allowed us to manually upload a picture of our brokerage statement. 

This is for those interested, especially if HAL is included as an applicable Carnival cruise line, in the next week or two, on the StockPerks app. I just loaded at post #119 on page 5 the various screens we encountered while successfully applying for PCL Shareholder benefits. It's really quite easy once you've figured out which links to click and which ones to avoid.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my last cruise I encountered many passengers who didn't have a grasp of how to perform basic tasks on their cell phones.  This ought to throw them for a real loop. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I booked a b2b. On hal  7 days each

2 booking numbers

I guess my obc will be $100 for each leg

And not the 14 days $250.

Also, I sent only one email

The auto reply said 3 working days 

Will let you know if it worked, or if I should have sent 2 different mails.

I have known about the obc for over 10 years ( thanks to cc)

But when stock prices were high, did not seem worth it.

In 2020.

I bought 100 shares with the intent of holding on to them

Also had my 27 year old daughter buy her own 100 shares ( I paid for them as I wanted her to have them )

I am certain that obc will pay for them in our future travels 

1 hour ago, CGinMTL said:

2 booking numbers

I have known about the obc for over 10 years ( thanks to cc)

But when stock prices were high, did not seem worth it.

In 2020.

I bought 100 shares with the intent of holding on to them

Also had my 27 year old daughter buy her own 100 shares ( I paid for them as I wanted her to have them )

I am certain that obc will pay for them in our future travels 

One email is fine. There have been reports here of people getting $250 in this situation. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CGinMTL said:

2 booking numbers

We sailed a 9+7 day B2B last New Years with 2 booking numbers. They were not possible to book as one. We received $100 on each leg.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

One email is fine. There have been reports here of people getting $250 in this situation. 

My experience is I have received the OBC per booking number according to the number of days for the individual booking. I have not had the days added together and received a single higher amount. This is for both HAL & Carnival. 

I have submitted one email per cruise line with multiple bookings per email with no issues- OBC has been given for each booking.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I received $250 twice in this situation on Carnival.  I have never taken a b2b on HAL so can't say if it will be different.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, crystalspin said:

But Carnival is saying this is the only way we get our benefits???

That's what I was told today when I followed the previous process to get share OBC on an upcoming Princess cruise. Despite what the  Princess Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit request from says that you can use email, fax or regular mail, that's no longer valid. Instead I was told to use a new Stock Pick app which apparently doesn't work for Canadians like us as it requires a ZIP code when you try and enroll. My vacation planner couldn't help me. All she said was I have to use the new process or I won't get my usual OBC.

Frustrated Long Time Cruiser

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jakobj11 said:

That's what I was told today when I followed the previous process to get share OBC on an upcoming Princess cruise. Despite what the  Princess Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit request from says that you can use email, fax or regular mail, that's no longer valid. Instead I was told to use a new Stock Pick app which apparently doesn't work for Canadians like us as it requires a ZIP code when you try and enroll. My vacation planner couldn't help me. All she said was I have to use the new process or I won't get my usual OBC.

Frustrated Long Time Cruiser

FWIW when I registered last week on StockPerks, all I provided was my First and Last Name and my email address. I left all of the other profile information entries blank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW when I registered last week on StockPerks, all I provided was my First and Last Name and my email address. I left all of the other profile information entries blank.

Thanks for this info. I will try again tomorrow

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you black out all the usually redacted info before uploading your proof on StockPerks?

On 11/9/2023 at 4:48 PM, CGinMTL said:

2 booking numbers

Here is my update

I did get the obc using the email method

$100 for each leg

So, one mail for both was fine 

Thank you everyone 

Ps. I sent the request on Wed the 8th

And got the reply Monday

Keeping in mind they say 3 business days and that Friday was a holiday

The delay was respected 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:27 PM, crystalspin said:

You are correct, I leapt to conclusion that the new way was going to be the only way. But based on other corporation actions, it was a presumption, not an assumption!

I will go back to USPS mailing the information if necessary.

So much for that idea, USPS is out. Received this email:

CCLShareholderHAL <cclshareholderhal@hollandamerica.com>
To:crystalspin@
Mon, Nov 13 at 7:05 PM
Good day Ms. B,

Unfortunately we can no longer accept any faxed, emailed or hard copy proof of shareholders eligibility for processing the onboard credit.

We can forward on your comments to our management team, however you will need to create a StockPerks account and upload the required documentation in order to obtain the Shareholder benefits.

Kind regards,
Matt

World Cruise Reservations
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, crystalspin said:
however you will need to create a StockPerks account and upload the required documentation in order to obtain the Shareholder benefits.

AAARGH!!!! Another process that requires a smartphone! Glad that I received the OBC for our February 2024 cruise already. Maybe by the time they extend it for our November 2024 and April 2025 cruises, there will be a way to create a StockPerks account without a smartphone. Maybe one of our children can do it for us??????