Requesting OBC/Stockperks

ShipWalker

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Did you upload a scan and email it? 

The old email of Carnival shareholders benefit will not accept any documents any longer. I used the 3rd party app, logged in using my google login (I did not want to create a free account with them) and uploaded an image of the redacted statement from my brokerage firm confirming shared held (not my brokerage statement). After initial pushback they accepted it and approved it. They seem to have an inventive to get the brokerage statement or have the brokerage account linked to their app. I was not comfortable with both. Once approved you can request for the OBC through this 3rd party app by providing the booking number, date, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rajraj said:

As of now Carnival is the only cruise line using this 3rd party. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian have not yet started using this 3rd party for now. 

That's not accurate. NCL and Royal Caribbean are now listed. I have no personal experience whether or not RCL is currently requiring stockperks to obtain shareholder obc, BUT I suspect it's coming soon.

image.png.45d85adf5e912b95a6088e7c9fc1067e.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That's not accurate. NCL and Royal are also using Stockperks. 

image.png.45d85adf5e912b95a6088e7c9fc1067e.png

StockPerks confirmed to me just a few hours ago that Royal and Norwegian is not using them. They told me they just have them listed on their app but when you click on them it will take you back to the weblink of the respective cruise lines. Hence my earlier comment that they are resorting to false advertising by listing Royal and Norwegian on their app.

1 minute ago, rajraj said:

StockPerks confirmed to me just a few hours ago that Royal and Norwegian is not using them. They told me they just have them listed on their app but when you click on them it will take you back to the weblink of the respective cruise lines. Hence my earlier comment that they are resorting to false advertising by listing Royal and Norwegian on their app.

Interesting. It maybe false advertising right now, but I suspect it won't be long before we will all be required to use stockperks regardless of the lines we sail. 

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

Interesting. It maybe false advertising right now, but I suspect it won't be long before we will all be required to use stockperks regardless of the lines we sail. 

probably right....Monkey see Monkey do! LOL 

As of now it is only Carnival - additionally within the 8 lines owned by Carnival Corporation, Carnival cruises is being most adamant on the use of the 3rd party app, I am hearing from other cruisers that Princess, Holland America, Seabourn etc. are being more flexible and also allowing the old process as well for now.

Just now, rajraj said:

probably right....Monkey see Monkey do! LOL 

As of now it is only Carnival - additionally within the 8 lines owned by Carnival Corporation, Carnival cruises is being most adamant on the use of the 3rd party app, I am hearing from other cruisers that Princess, Holland America, Seabourn etc. are being more flexible and also allowing the old process as well for now.

Not according to some folks on my HAL roll call. Apparently they are being told that they must now use stockperks. 

Without meaning to offend anyone, I wonder if age demographics have something to do with flexibility? Princess, HAL, and Seabourn attract an older guest who may need more help when it comes to using apps hence a less firm stance?

I don;t own a cell phone. I do have an HP laptop. Is there any method at all that will work with a laptop?

I have a cruise in March. 

Originally I had a different cruise in March that I had the OBC approved for but I transferred that booking to a different cruise. Different booking number so I don't think the OBC transferred.

Short of having to buy a cell phone and pay the monthly costs associated with it, what can I do?

From what I am reading a cell phone is now mandatory, not what I want to hear.

5 minutes ago, KBC73 said:

I don;t own a cell phone. I do have an HP laptop. Is there any method at all that will work with a laptop?

Originally I had a different cruise in March that I had the OBC approved for but I transferred that booking to a different cruise. Different booking number so I don't think the OBC transferred.

Short of having to buy a cell phone and pay the monthly costs associated with it, what can I do?

See post #54.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KBC73 said:

It is my understanding that in cases like your you should email StockPerks directly and they may have a way to work around wherein you could email them your details versus uploading in the App. I do not think buying a phone just for this purpose is worth it. Please try to reachout to them at hello@stockperks.com and state your case.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

See post #54.

It is my understanding that in cases like your you should email StockPerks directly and they may have a way to work around wherein you could email them your details versus uploading in the App. I do not think buying a phone just for this purpose is worth it. Please try to reachout to them at hello@stockperks.com and state your case.

Thank you for that suggestion.

Last night at 8pm west coast time I faxed a cover letter listing my booking number, ship, dates and a redacted copy of my statement showing my Carnival stock to 206-501-2620.  In less than 1 hour I had an email stating that my $250 benefit had been added to my account.  Easy process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Last night at 8pm west coast time I faxed a cover letter listing my booking number, ship, dates and a redacted copy of my statement showing my Carnival stock to 206-501-2620.  In less than 1 hour I had an email stating that my $250 benefit had been added to my account.  Easy process.

They are being so inconsistent with policy. I'm glad it worked out for you. I'll share this number with the people on my roll call who have been told they must use stockperks. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Not according to some folks on my HAL roll call. Apparently they are being told that they must now use stockperks. 

Without meaning to offend anyone, I wonder if age demographics have something to do with flexibility? Princess, HAL, and Seabourn attract an older guest who may need more help when it comes to using apps hence a less firm stance?

Right on. I first went to work with an IBM 360 and learned Fortran IV with data fed in with punched cards. Now I have to ask my 8 year old grandson to help me with all this techie stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is not directed at anyone in particular, just a general comment.  Why the reluctance to make the transition to a smartphone?  It's 2023, soon to be 2024.  There are inexpensive models and you can get service from low cost providers such as TracFone and Mint Mobile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Why the reluctance to make the transition to a smartphone?

Some of us simply don't have the need for one. In my case it would be 'transitioning' from my land line to a smart phone, and give up the convenience of my answering machine in the process. All to spend more per month for the service. 
No thanks. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Excellent information. Thanks for sharing. This whole rollout and push this 3rd paty App StockPerks is so inconsistent and suspicious. Good to know the fax option still works. Thanks

Excellent information. Thanks for sharing. This whole rollout and push this 3rd paty App StockPerks is so inconsistent and suspicious. Good to know the fax option still works. Thanks

2 minutes ago, rajraj said:

Call me Mr. Suspicious but I wondering what are the advantages, financial or otherwise, for the Carnival corporation to force this on their cruise passengers. Could there be a financial incentive provided by StockPerks to Carnival for this lead generation arrangement?.

1 hour ago, Roz said:

This is not directed at anyone in particular, just a general comment.  Why the reluctance to make the transition to a smartphone?  It's 2023, soon to be 2024.  There are inexpensive models and you can get service from low cost providers such as TracFone and Mint Mobile.

Transition to anything new should be an OPTION and not a COMPULSION.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jakobj11 said:

Call me Mr. Suspicious but I wondering what are the advantages, financial or otherwise, for the Carnival corporation to force this on their cruise passengers. Could there be a financial incentive provided by StockPerks to Carnival for this lead generation arrangement?.

One advantage is that they can save money by having fewer people in in-house team that performed this function in the past. StockPerks has only one employee in the US (for legal reasons). All their employees are based in the UK and other places such as Uruguay etc. and there must be a cost benefit to it. Whateever the underlying reasons are the rollout by Carnival is simple terrible with no proper communication, safeguards, and consistency.

On 12/1/2023 at 2:04 PM, rajraj said:

One advantage is that they can save money by having fewer people in in-house team that performed this function in the past. StockPerks has only one employee in the US (for legal reasons). All their employees are based in the UK and other places such as Uruguay etc. and there must be a cost benefit to it. Whateever the underlying reasons are the rollout by Carnival is simple terrible with no proper communication, safeguards, and consistency.

We agree .so if I have a problem I will just cancel . seems to me others could do the same .I only would buy the 100 shares as I needed them for the benefit . No need or want to but any cruise line stock .There are far far better investments with gar greater returns for those dollars . candidly I am becoming more & more skeptical of cruise lines who keep cutting back on things & then even making it harder to do business on top of the cut backs  ,However ,they can easily raise those cruise dares , Yes there are other vacations . Each of these moves imo is like another nail . Newbies may not know how it was & accept the status quo but ,we have seen too many changes & this one really fries my angst

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

We agree .so if I have a problem I will just cancel . seems to me others could do the same .I only would buy the 100 shares as I needed them for the benefit . No need or want to but any cruise line stock .There are far far better investments with gar greater returns for those dollars . candidly I am becoming more & more skeptical of cruise lines who keep cutting back on things & then even making it harder to do business on top of the cut backs  ,However ,they can easily raise those cruise dares , Yes there are other vacations . Each of these moves imo is like another nail . Newbies may not know how it was & accept the status quo but ,we have seen too many changes & this one really fries my angst

Whatever......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Oh, I dunno.  I bought 100 shares at 11.85 a few weeks ago to get 250 each in OBC on 2 upcoming 15 day cruises, and besides the OBC I have just under $400 in unrealized appreciation as it's gone up from 11.85 to 15.76.  So 500 in OBC plus almost a 400 gain. I didn't buy it with the idea that it was a good investment but I bought it knowing that as long as it it didn't go below 6.85 I'd end up ahead of the game

Maybe it isn't newbys not knowing how it was but oldbys clinging to the past that is the issue.  Throwing up your hands and saying you are going to cancel, whether it be the purchase of stock, or booking the cruise, seems like a sub-optimal strategy, to me.

Edited by Toofarfromthesea
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Oh, I dunno.  I bought 100 shares at 11.85 a few weeks ago to get 250 each in OBC on 2 upcoming 15 day cruises, and besides the OBC I have just under $400 in unrealized appreciation as it's gone up from 11.85 to 15.76.  So 500 in OBC plus almost a 400 gain. I didn't buy it with the idea that it was a good investment but I bought it knowing that as long as it it didn't go below 6.85 I'd end up ahead of the game

Maybe it isn't newbys not knowing how it was but oldbys clinging to the past that is the issue.  Throwing up your hands and saying you are going to cancel, whether it be the purchase of stock, or booking the cruise, seems like a sub-optimal strategy, to me.

Cruise line stock remains volatile. There is money to be made trading in either direction.

On 12/1/2023 at 2:42 PM, RuthC said:

Some of us simply don't have the need for one. In my case it would be 'transitioning' from my land line to a smart phone, and give up the convenience of my answering machine in the process. All to spend more per month for the service. 
No thanks. 

It is ironic for people to say they have no need for a cell phone and then complain about not being able to do certain things because they don't have one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1