Minor complaint - Check in dates on X.com are only MONTH & DAY

zitsky

I tried to think of the most trivial thing I could complain about.  Check in dates on X.com are MONTH DAY not MONTH DAY YEAR.  It would be pretty easy to add the year in there.  I got excited for a minute thinking I was going to check in for a 2025 cruise in just two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mickey Dope said:

Does anyone know what time of day you can check in?

it is normally midnight, e.g. 00:01 am, local time for the departure port. 

for example, a ship departing out of Florida the check in would be midnight Eastern, or 11 pm Central, 10 pm Mountain, 9 pm Pacific, etc.. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

Since it's always 30 days out, They assume you don't need the year....

Are you deliberately trying to crush my spirit?  😭

Anyway I think it’s 45 days not 30.  My cruise is 12/23 and check in is 11/8 tomorrow.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I tried to think of the most trivial thing I could complain about.  Check in dates on X.com are MONTH DAY not MONTH DAY YEAR.  It would be pretty easy to add the year in there.  I got excited for a minute thinking I was going to check in for a 2025 cruise in just two weeks.

Oh well, you tried. Thanks for the giggle 😄

cjr

• Haha 1

This kind of reminds of when I was working in a hotel and we got a call on directions.  The clerk gave directions and what exit to get off....exit 14.  Later when guest got there, they got ballistic because we gave them the wrong directions.  They got off exit 14 in Mass instead of Vt.  Ummm, would assume the person knew at least what state they needed to go to for their stay that they booked.  Guess not, I tried not to laugh as they were yelling at me.  Didnt work.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Way too much time on your hands.😉

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

it is normally midnight, e.g. 00:01 am, local time for the departure port. 

for example, a ship departing out of Florida the check in would be midnight Eastern, or 11 pm Central, 10 pm Mountain, 9 pm Pacific, etc.. 

This.  My check in date was 11/08 but I checked in today 11/07 at 8 AM.  The time of the departure port was 11/08 00:01.  BTW I got the 11 AM time.

• Like 2