World Class Bar vs Martini Bar (Eclipse)

zitsky

I don’t normally try a lot of fancy drinks.  Just a simple scotch or glass of wine or vodka martini.  So do you think I would enjoy the World Class Bar on the Eclipse?  Are the hours in the app?  Is it a dedicated space or shared with something else?

World Class is a great venue if you want to try something new. They can make your current favorites, but they really shine when you step outside your “regular”.

• Like 1

We love the World Class Bar! Its a great after dinner place for us. The bar is by itself. Not popular in the beginning of the cruise - definitely more popular as the week goes on. Bartenders are great. Have the premium package if you plan to spend time there. Try something different each night. If you don't like it - get something else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The best is to go to WCB the first day, and see how many people get upset when they can't get a basic drink, ie gin and tonic.  I had 18 on one cruise the first night when sitting at the bar watching the show, who asked, got upset when told to go to a different bar for their drink.  Kind of amusing.  The bartenders are very nice about telling them, but the few people who decide to argue is funny.  

• Haha 2

The martini bar does standard martinis (french martinis, espresso martinis) as well as other more "out there" martinis like this insanely sweet looking chocolate martini. I personal enjoyed the martini bar for its icy chilled counter and decor. The martini bar is an open space that can get a little busy with so many people walking through it on the way to and from other areas of the ship. 

• Thanks 1

Both bars are nice and encourage you to try some concoctions you haven’t tried before. Definitely not worth visiting either unless you are willing to give their menu items a go!

WCB does get busier as the cruise progresses. It is a bit more out of the way and people can miss it. We have found that the sweet time to visit is about 8.00pm - 9pm. Earlier people are enjoying a pre dinner drink, later a post dinner drink. Most cruises we have been served easily but occasionally a group will ‘take over’ the bar area and as fast as one drink is delivered they will monopolise the staff querying another and often ordering a second before starting the first…I don’t think these people are necessarily being rude I think they are simply unused to the drinks menu but it does really slow down service!!!  If I remember correctly there are a few menu items not fully covered by the premium package.

The Martini bar is always busy but there are lots of seats in the area to enjoy unless you are fixed on having a seat by the ice bar. I definitely wouldn’t visit without a drinks package as for every martini I have enjoyed (lemon drop) there has been one I have hated (chocolate)…Great fun trying!

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, helen haywood said:

World Class Bar has a unique menu and will not make drinks not on it.  Thus, you will not be able to get the drinks you mentioned there.  But you might enjoy what they do offer.

They will pour you a shot of any liquor they have…

I just got off of Eclipse and tried both bars.

World Class Bar is great for premium craft cocktails.  Not a lot of "fruity" or "fru fru" stuff on the menu.  More of a mellow, subdued traditional high-end craft cocktail vibe.  This was our bar of choice.

The Martini bar was more lively.  It had a wide variety of martinis, including "fruity" and "fru fru" drinks.  Their drinks were very good, and some of the bartenders put on a good show, but again, I spent more time at the World Class Bar.

Just depends on what you drink and what vibe/atmosphere you're after.  Try both.

I may link you to a couple of short videos that I uploaded in a bit.

• Like 2

I have the premium package but don't drink alcohol. Are there any nonalcoholic interesting drinks in the world class bar. 

My husband will enjoy it in there , will I have to go and get a mocktail at another bar and bring it with me?

12 minutes ago, Bigannie said:

I have the premium package but don't drink alcohol. Are there any nonalcoholic interesting drinks in the world class bar. 

My husband will enjoy it in there , will I have to go and get a mocktail at another bar and bring it with me?

On our cruise last February no mocktails were listed on the menu. 

1 minute ago, High on the Seas said:

On our cruise last February no mocktails were listed on the menu. 

Oh Well I will just bring something from another bar. Or leave OH sitting at the bar and go and drink coffee and eat cake!

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

Has anyone posted a list of the drinks at WCB?  I don’t recall.

Here you go: https://profcruise.com/celebrity-bar-menus-2023/#world

This site was mentioned earlier, but the link above makes it even easier to find...

It is a franchise operation and they are strictly limited to the menu above, or shots of anything they routinely carry. They are obliged not to make other drinks at this bar.

It was our favorite bar when we were last on Eclipse in January this year.

Edited by Mark_T

The WCB is also one of my favorite bars on the S-class ships.  I like to sit at one of the tables and enjoy a drink while my DW visits the shops in the area.  I found it usually too be very sedate. 

I also like hanging out at the Martini Bar, especially just before and during their performances.  The Martini Bar is always busier and more lively than the WCB.  

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do both of these bars have the three Macallan scotch varieties that are on board?  Will I get kicked out if I ask for a scotch at the WCB?  I’d like to give them another try.

The last time I was on Solstice there were only the lower two Macallan scotch's available on board at any of the bars.  This was pointed out to us when I did the Macallan Tasting. .

No, you may get some strange looks though. 

On 11/14/2023 at 6:42 PM, zitsky said:

I don’t normally try a lot of fancy drinks.  Just a simple scotch or glass of wine or vodka martini.  So do you think I would enjoy the World Class Bar on the Eclipse?  Are the hours in the app?  Is it a dedicated space or shared with something else?

World Class bar is a partnership with Diageo, which is why you only find specific, high-end brands and a craft-cocktail menu that's is not available elsewhere onboard. This is why the bar doesn't participate in the Captain's Club elite happy hour, or make normal house drinks... you won't be able to get something simple there. 

I also think the bartenders who work at the World Class Bar may receive outside training by Diageo (in addition to the normal Celebrity bar training), but I'm not positive on that. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

World Class bar is a partnership with Diageo, which is why you only find specific, high-end brands and a craft-cocktail menu that's is not available elsewhere onboard. This is why the bar doesn't participate in the Captain's Club elite happy hour, or make normal house drinks... you won't be able to get something simple there. 

I also think the bartenders who work at the World Class Bar may receive outside training by Diageo (in addition to the normal Celebrity bar training), but I'm not positive on that. 

This is very interesting - Thanks for posting!