Friday November 17th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Take A Hike Day, International Students Day, and National Baklava Day

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.--Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden

Meal Suggestion for today - Butternut Squash Mac 'N Cheese
Drink of the Day - Rum Breeze
Wine of the Day - Michaud Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Pichilingue (La Paz), Mexico

Today in History:
1558 Elizabeth I aged 25, ascends the English throne upon death of her half sister, Queen "Bloody" Mary
1869 Suez Canal in Egypt opens, linking Mediterranean and Red seas
1970 Douglas Engelbart receives the patent for the first computer mouse

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-18

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California19 Nov 08:00 - 18:00 eta 11-18

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 14:00

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 11-18

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 11-18

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11-22

Zaandam

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Zuiderdam

Mamoudzou, Grande-Terre Island Mayotte 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Fiordland National Park, New Zealand 07:00 - 08:00

Westerdam

Kota Kinabalu, Borneo Malaysia Sabah 08:00 - 18:00

1117World.thumb.png.50f55c876ca3aa2082d380611883eb34.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report. 

Cool and rainy here today.  I won't take a hike, but I will take a walk. 

I don't agree with the quote.

I'll pass on the meal.  I'm sure I'd enjoy the drink and wine.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for our crazy world.

Have a great Friday.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Happy Friday Everyone!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Won't take a hike today, but would love some Baklava and will celebrate international students!!  I can relate to the quote.  Not sure about the meal or drink, no on the wine, and I have been to Pichilingue last year.  What a reign Queen Elizabeth had, the Suez was a game changer, and what would we do without a mouse!!

This is my attitude today (after the disappointment yesterday):

image.thumb.jpeg.e39f97b474c3764c07dcb77b5980cecc.jpeg

Last subbing day for this month - HS Chemistry.  Then the work begins - packing, pedi/mani, straighten up the house, get some money, pick up the car.  My dance card is full for the next couple of days.  We had a nice rain last night; my electricity went out for about 1/2 hour.  Thank goodness I had picked up dinner so I wasn't in the middle of cooking.  This morning it smells so nice outside - the smell of the desert after it rains.  It is only 62F with 87% humidity with clouds overhead.  It is not as dark as it usually is because of the reflection of the lights with the cloud cover.  We will get up to mid 70s so another nice day with only 5% chance of rain.

I don't have many pics of La Paz.  I do like statues and buildings and seem to shoot them a lot:

IMG_9281.thumb.JPG.afb6141819e9c17f299c5c3811320804.JPGIMG_9279.thumb.JPG.1a7a9cae59a4ef4b963ecf694288271c.JPGIMG_9275.thumb.JPG.0005d95a909dbe6c66185fee19910b5a.JPGIMG_9272.thumb.JPG.7ccf6a889f399d75b2847563378c3d3f.JPGIMG_9270.thumb.JPG.f894c2e75e0598d0f4f1162cb90f2fae.JPGIMG_9269.thumb.JPG.e435c58aeedf505ddd86cd06f902ca22.JPG

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating!

Have a great start of the weekend!!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

I received bad news at work yesterday, as several of us were laid off and our jobs will be eliminated on December 1. 😞  

I hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend.

Oh, I am so sorry!!  Hugs to you!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It should be another nice day and would a good day for a hike.  Macaroni and cheese is on the menu for tonight but no squash. @seagarsmoker I sorry to hear your work news.  I’ll spend part of the day seeing if the Black Friday sale can save us some money.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.058917ae6c87538aa785a052decddcea.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

Good morning friends!  Today it is 55F and will be cloudy with a high of 69 degrees.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Friday the 17th.

Today I'll celebrate students no matter where they are.  I wouldn't turn down some baklava but there's none to be seen here.  It would be a good day to take a hike.  It's also Substitute Educators Day. The quote sounds odd to me.  Someone really loves butternut squash, even in mac 'n cheese, but it's not me!  I  probably wouldn't drink a rum breeze but would enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc. Some great days in history including Queen Elizabeth I ascending the throne, the Suez Canal opening and the invention of the first computer mouse.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the F&B reports.

Prayers this morning for all on the Daily Care list.  So many of you are having pain and other medical issues and that includes Vanessa, Debbie, Pennie, Ann, Denise T., Annie and @57redbird (sorry I don't know your name yet).  Hoping to hear better news from you all very soon!  Also prayers for my DB and my friends Scott and Bob, for all the innocent people in Israel and Ukraine and the hostages still being held.  Praying for peace for the world. 🙏 For those on the Celebration list we send our best wishes for happy days and exciting cruises.  🥂🚢   Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists updated even with little sleep.❤️

I appreciate all who answered yesterday my query on good taxi/car services for Rome.  I made note of what you said.  I was kept very busy yesterday but tried to keep up with the Daily.  Sorry I had no time to reply to each one of you.  Maureen @RMLincoln I was glad to hear your move and drive to your new place was accomplished.  Hope you got a great night's sleep and the movers get things done quickly today.  I'm glad you have help with the unpacking there.  Jacqui @kazu I took a look at the bursary and it looked great!  I hope it will be successful in helping medical professionals who need help setting up.  Annie @marshhawk I hope you're feeling better and can gain some weight and strength back.  Hope Chuck's doctor can take a listen to your lungs today!  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser good luck preparing for your return to Arizona.  @arzz thanks for visiting the Daily yesterday and bon voyage on the Seabourn Sojourn!  Sorry to hear about the condo debacle!  Someone in the other condo should be paying for the damages.  Graham @grapau27 thank you for your offer of help with RC for DGD.  I'm sure they're pretty different from what she's used to (Princess).  Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim, have a good drive today to Miami and enjoy your cruise!

The port today is Pichilingue (La Paz), Mexico.  That was our port before on November 27, 2021 and July 25, 2022.  I have not been there before so no photos today.   Here are the links to the prior dates.

Hope everyone has a successful Friday and good start to their weekend.  Stay safe and well!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

I received bad news at work yesterday, as several of us were laid off and our jobs will be eliminated on December 1. 😞  

20231104_061547.jpg

I am so sorry to hear that shocking news about your job.  Good luck to you in locating new employment.  The picture today is gorgeous so thank you very much for sharing it.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

& thanks to Debbie, Vanessa, Ann & Dixie.

Nice collection of days.  I’ll happily celebrate International Students Day having hosted a student here in the past.  Not sure about a hike but Ivan and I will have a brisk walk 😉 

I can’t agree with Hemingway’s quote, either.  Meal sounds interesting and hurray another white wine 👍 We were in La Paz a number of years ago and enjoyed it.

Great days in history indeed from the ascension of Elizabeth1 who brought England the Golden Age, opening of Suez Canal and the first mouse.

image038.jpeg.5dd9c58968d5e47b5bd15a468f267e8e.jpeg

Thank you so much everyone for all of your kind words on the bursary in Jose’s memory.  I appreciated them very much ❤️. The picture that you saw at the bottom of the page were two nurses who worked closely with Jose one of whom is studying to be a Nurse Practitioner and was mentored by Jose.  (I did obtain their permission to post the picture).

IMG_1203.jpeg.5fc92c6ee7ba89fb51a4c8ccaa7c280e.jpeg

This is going to be the “warmest” day we will have for a very long time (certainly not the lovely 62 F that @Nickelpenny has) so it will be serious outside work today even if it’s really not that warm 😉 .  And then put things away & prep for our weather bomb coming tomorrow - rain, high winds and warnings of power outages.  Weather is bad enough to have cancelled the Santa Claus parade in our nearby city.

image036.jpeg.ba464fbfe25beb76cd7c061fab01dc5c.jpeg

@seagarsmoker I am so very sorry to hear your sad work news 😔 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them.  🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

image030.jpeg.be16e6202c03c50e39bd5e5cbea920ca.jpeg

Have a Good Friday everyone !

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I won't be taking a hike today, but know some people I would like to invite to take one; students deserve to be celebrated every day; I love good, fresh baklava. 

No disrespect Mr Hemingway, but not aligned w/the quote; pass on the meal & drink; maybe on the wine; not been to the port.

All great, impactful days in history. 

Currently 57° headed to 64°; rain has been removed from the forecast for my flight next week.

In addition to PT and work, I need to pick up my new glasses today  - hope they're correct as there's not enough time to get them remade before I leave.

@seagarsmoker the picture is beautiful, sorry to hear about your job.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231117-051532_Weather.thumb.jpg.59c7e0cfc7413be7cd3a83403a6b73e5.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lazey1 having post Covid/rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Marshhawk with pulmonary issues during/following her cruise

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

RMLincoln’s niece with high risk pregnancy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage arzz!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Cruzin Terri driving to Miami, FL today for her cruise

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Cruise Suzy (Eurodam Nov 18 to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer)

2 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista Nov 19 to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami)

5 days for Nickelpenny (Volendam Nov 22 to Dec 10) Circle Hawaii

7 days for Himself (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer

7 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean seafarer/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

• Like 25
  • Thanks 19

46 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

20231104_061547.jpg

I was very sorry to read your bad work news.  I hope you find a new job soon.  Best wishes.

Just wow on the picture.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Yesterday was a washout. All the rain that hit Southern Florida moved up here, just not as heavy a volume. And perhaps all that wind helped me. Let’s just say Bindi’s trips outside were very short, but we both still got soaked. Thank goodness for my kayaking shorts - dried in minutes. A picture of the ocean before the bad rain started. 
IMG_1993.jpeg.7a8698fa723eba6e3e0ae5dde6279116.jpeg

Vanessa, if it will help you better manage your pain - forget the lists. I have visions of you sitting at a computer in pain as you capture and share all of our happenings. We will survive.  I wish I had magic powers to help you, Debbie & @57redbird and everyone else suffering with your pain. Praying that you all find relief soon. 

More rain dodging, gym, chores, & prepping for the next couple of very busy days will keep me busy. 

IMG_2001.jpeg.654105fce9d354237d8916ee3d247662.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg.6c7213e0cb2b2c14fdad0e95f701469e.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg.7c66dfb711d128b93bb998570526c191.jpeg

Praying for all those who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families and support teams. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @RMLincoln Maureen, I moved you two into this group. Lots to celebrate. Lots still to do, but the Big Crunch is over & you have help!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Michaud Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2021

I told Rich last night that I would not be submitting any wines sold through the Naked wine club to his annual wine list. It is not fair to tease you with wines that 99% of the time you can only purchase through the club. But if you are lucky enough to know a member of the club, or perhaps are a member yourself - this is a lovely Sauvignon Blanc. Offered for the reasonable price of $12.99.

Distributor notes

A zesty refresher for your picnics and cookouts!

Light and bright with a tangy flavors like citrus, green apple and passionfruit, Katy and Justin’s Washington Sauvignon Blanc is an easy-sipping treat every Angel deserves.

Your funding helped them source fruit from two primo Columbia Valley vineyards, whose grapes show a citrusy character from a cooler valley corner and tropical flavors from a warmer pocket.

For a zippy Northwest sipper you can savor all year long – at your special Angel price! – Katy and Justin’s Sauvignon Blanc is just the ticket.
This wine is ready to drink now. That said, it will age for 5-7 years. Buy a few bottles to taste over time.
This wine should be fine right out of the fridge. Sauvignon Blanc naturally has great acidity.

Food match
Salmon and asparagus grilled with fresh lemon. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 4

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Our cruise to the Caribbean Islands only has three more sea days before we reach Manhattan Island. We have been pleased with the Carnival Venetia. According to other passengers who are staunch Carnival cruisers it is different in a good way. Sea conditions have occasional deep swells today.

Back home there is a forrest fire on the mountain by us in the Shenandoah National Park. We have been very dry with low humidity. It  started from a vehicle fire and spread right at Rockfish Gap where the highway squeezes through. On Monday we need to travel through there to get home.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

20231104_061547.jpg

Not good news! Wishing you success in job hunting going forward.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

I am so sorry to hear this. And very short notice for that kind of news. And what a disgusting time of year to do this. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Our cruise to the Caribbean Islands only has three more sea days before we reach Manhattan Island. We have been pleased with the Carnival Venetia. According to other passengers who are staunch Carnival cruisers it is different in a good way. Sea conditions have occasional deep swells today.

Back home there is a forrest fire on the mountain by us in the Shenandoah National Park. We have been very dry with low humidity. It  started from a vehicle fire and spread right at Rockfish Gap where the highway squeezes through. On Monday we need to travel through there to get home.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Wow Jack! I have enjoyed many trips on Skyline drive. I lived in the mid-Atlantic for 25 years, so Fall trips were almost a “rite of passage”. 

Hope all is well by the time you get there. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Titusville, where it is still raining and it promises thunder strikes as well.  

Oh happy driving!

I did manage to read all of yesterday’s posts last night and glad I did.

@kazu Jacqui, what a lovely tribute to Jose.  I am sure he is smile down from heaven.

@StLouisCruisers here is another vote for RomeCabs.  I am a big fan of theirs.  Have used them both for transfers and for tours.  They are punctual, clean cars and very good drivers who speak English.  Can’t say enough good things about them.

@JazzyV Vanessa, I do hope you find some relief for your pain.

@marshhawk Annie, I am so sorry you are not well and it impacted your long-awaited cruise.  I hope you get to see the doctor and get some help.

@seagarsmoker I am so sorry to hear of your job loss.  I hope you can find something comparable soon.  Prayers for you.

@grapau27 Graham, nice to have you back with us and hope your phone problems are over.

Now for today,

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for this thread.  

The Hemingway quote is interesting.  Not sure if I agree with it.

I will have to skip on the F&B offerings since we are traveling and get what we can get.

Prayers for all on the Cares list and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Last night we went to a lovely restaurant in Titusville.  It is called Vine and Olive.  It you ever find yourself in that area, it is worth a visit.  It serves Mediterranean Fodd, mostly Italian, but with a different flair.  Very good with an interesting menu.  

Right now i have to bid adieu since I have to shower and get ready for breakfast.  I am on the hotel’s schedule and not my own.

Will write more after I get to Miami.

Pray that we have a dry trip today.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from another cloudy day in central Texas.  It will reach 71F this afternoon, but right now it is 56F and feels like 53F with a 9 mph wind from the SSE.  The humidity is 99% with a dew point of 55F.  It looks like our predicted highs of 70s for four days will only be today, and then back in the 60s.  Hopefully, we'll be on the road sometime tomorrow morning, but not as early as in years past.  We will taking our time and probably will take four days to get to Quartzsite.  Today will be laundry and the rest of the loading.  The cars will not get washed, so will not have the covers on them this winter. That mainly means, I'll be washing them before we can drive anywhere next spring; not big deal.

A hike today might be nice, but there is no time today.  I'll gladly celebrate all students.  Remember the students here are international students in other countries.  Someone can have my baklava.  It's too sweet for me, especially since it's not chocolate.  😉

I do not agree with the Ernest Hemingway quote. 

I like mac and cheese, but not with squash in it, but DH does not care for it at all.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Pichilingue (La Paz) in 2016 on Ruby Princess. I'll retrieve my pictures shortly.

Three interesting days in history.  I noticed that Queen Elizabeth I was 25 when she ascended the throne as was Queen Elizabeth II.  The Suez Canal made traveling from Europe to Asia a much shorter voyage.  What would be do without the computer mouse.  For computer users, it was a great step forward.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks for the good wishes on our return to Arizona.  We'll have internet on the trip, but I'm not sure if I'll have my computer out.  If I'm on my tablet I won't be able to copy and paste any pictures of the day's port.  Would you mind posting them for me for a few days?

@Heartgrove  I hope they have the fire contained by Monday when you need to drive in that area.  Enjoy your last three days of the cruise.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope Chuck's @catmando doctor will listen to your lungs and give you some help.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe driving in all the rain today.  Enjoy Miami before your cruise.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you and Ivan can get the yard work completed today.  

385302354_1032909221479137_1901732047098627888_n.jpg.7c7e9431921a2ff53fbb1e2e59b7e6a5.jpg

392814274_1933326217068275_8106525874601076489_n.jpg.a3439678b24e5e7258df7b883fb8139c.jpg

396880657_306121935516316_4291619152366224039_n.thumb.jpg.91f37f579f4ac67cef202b0072d2cf8b.jpg

398993611_889693502822400_5314538332447391850_n.jpg.76f2ce3ff80befe23d83d39ed4faf8fc.jpg

400726708_726683132828030_2042942427969777670_n.thumb.jpg.b25990a7a115d2cad78726e52beea9fc.jpg

400746439_1770625040045450_5261409326988026126_n.jpg.0a77fbe5c6b10dba1c7775f60a13a874.jpg

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Good morning. It will be sixty five degrees later today and the dogs have informed me that a long walk is required to celebrate . I will celebrate International and all students and have not had good baklava in years. I no longer truly hike but do enjoy walking.

If I put butternut squash in Mac and cheese our teenager would certainly not like it. The other day he asked me to make the baked potato soup he loves and I showed him how to do it in the slow cooker. I am glad he is showing an interest in learning to cook and am happy to provide further “instructions “ that focus on his participation.

I have not been to the port, will ignore Mr Hemingway and celebrate both the computer mouse  and the Queen.

@seagarsmoker, I am so sorry about your work news yesterday. 

@RMLincoln, Maureen, I am so glad that you are almost moved into your new home. I am also glad that you will have unpacking help. We will be neighbors , sort of!

I feel for the many here that are in such serious pain. It is frustrating when there are few viable options and even appointments are hard to schedule. Most of my working life was spent trying to help people with their pain issues and there was a lot that worked but also so much that did not. It is also next to impossible to even temporarily receive adequate pain medication these days. My DD DH only received pain relieving drugs when he was placed on hospice. Anyway, I hope some form of relief is possible even for short periods of time. It is serious when one does not sleep well or safely perform functional activities.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

20231104_061547.jpg

So cruel to do that right before the holidays.  Hope you can quickly find some other employment.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

We have been to La Paz once in March 2018, on Ruby Princess.  It is a nice town to walk around.  We also hired a boat on the dock to take us out of see the whale sharks.

A few pictures from our walk around La Paz.  When we got off the shuttle from Puerto de Pichilingue, we saw this whale skeleton display.

DSC04719.thumb.JPG.f8383a98adb5dc7042717097959244e0.JPG

We walked down this street to the Teatro de Juarez.

DSC04724.thumb.JPG.dd8520520ffbf33ec67c576a7b5fa112.JPG

DSC04725.thumb.JPG.5f9b7d4dd41734cccd557dedc25cfebd.JPG

The Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de La Paz

DSC04731.thumb.JPG.4adc2530b6c99fe7269830604f3d2a2a.JPG

DSC04727.thumb.JPG.35e735d0592aece0808d5fd6888e2506.JPG

Jardin Velasco across the street from the Cathedral

DSC04732.thumb.JPG.e777ca3a90be053a782ac5c74af91059.JPG

We also saw this museum and spent some time inside.

DSC04733.thumb.JPG.99c9e41961f333c34d6140c1fde6db36.JPG

We then headed back to the Malecon La Paz, where we found a boat to take us out to see the whale sharks.  We followed one shark as we was swimming, and he was as long or longer than the boat.  Our boat was like the ones pictured, but we were the only passengers.

DSC04766.thumb.JPG.22ae7d9a4f70c550389ca301a21bc73b.JPG

People were swimming with the shark, but as you can see, the swimmer was having to work to keep up.

DSC04774.thumb.JPG.8e8928d4c88988ecafa267982b16c55a.JPG

My point and shoot camera is waterproof and DH took some pictures by leaning over the side and holding the camera underwater.  It helped that the shark was near the surface.  This is the best of the underwater pictures.  At one point we probably could have touched the shark, but we were told not to do that.

DSC04772.thumb.JPG.da0cbcbea3cafff952434f1d853d1495.JPG

DSC04784.thumb.JPG.412479450e49dadc51c6ddbccbb1ef8f.JPG

The pier and the beach along with some of the sculptures on the Malecon.

DSC04789.thumb.JPG.4741e34dfc5c90f8daca02b4f4ce379b.JPG

DSC04787.thumb.JPG.2c16c73d0d06ffca49f00689790f373f.JPG

DSC04792.thumb.JPG.de5dd87a8708a39a5c36af01d3c67cbe.JPG

DSC04793.thumb.JPG.be775ee6f1b1b732ba06dcaf643a539d.JPG

DSC04794.thumb.JPG.71e3c09233100bc1c73067bee872aec0.JPG

One of the many restaurants across the street from the Malecon.

DSC04795.thumb.JPG.8d217903c67a6711fe9286d70b196b99.JPG

Naturally, there was a shopping opportunity when we returned to the port.  This is just a small portion of the booths.

DSC04796.thumb.JPG.10a424873db1b89e11b391c4b90cb547.JPG

The port area from our balcony as we sailed.

DSC04798.thumb.JPG.ceb939bb49a51238681ed2381f236db1.JPG

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9