Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Trying to get the app to take my credit card. You think it would be easy. I think it is because we had the same card on a cruise we cancelled. I have been on hold with Princess for a long time trying to get them to fix it. They ended up ending the call and asking me to do a survey when they didn't do anything. Funny. I will give it a day or two to see if they fix it. I guess I can get a new credit card but that wouldn't be ideal especially if I have to do it every cruise.

Stranger things have happened, but I can’t imagine the software recognizing you used your credit card for a canceled cruise and refusing to take it again because of that.  Unless there’s a “fool me once” line in the code somewhere.

i am not surprised that the “help line” hung upon you when they couldn’t fix the problem.

3 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Trying to get the app to take my credit card. You think it would be easy. I think it is because we had the same card on a cruise we cancelled. I have been on hold with Princess for a long time trying to get them to fix it. They ended up ending the call and asking me to do a survey when they didn't do anything. Funny. I will give it a day or two to see if they fix it. I guess I can get a new credit card but that wouldn't be ideal especially if I have to do it every cruise.

Did you delete your cc in the payment section on the App?

Delete it also for your partner, if traveling with someone.

Sign out and back in.  Enter your credit card again and pick your partner as an authorized user.

Check the expiration date on your cc, make sure it doesn’t expire before the sail date.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you delete your cc in the payment section on the App?

Delete it also for your partner, if traveling with someone.

Sign out and back in.  Enter your credit card again and pick your partner as an authorized user.

Check the expiration date on your cc, make sure it doesn’t expire before the sail date.

Expires in 2027.  I had to do what you describe on my last cruise and it worked. But for some reason my wife's app wasn't working and they lost her picture and passport information. Maybe she has another record somewhere with our CC on it. Now neither of us show any payment methods. So I'm guessing, not working in Princess IT, that there is some record somewhere with our credit card leftover from past cruises or the one we cancelled. I guess it is too much to ask that I put in a credit card and it just takes it. I used the same card to pay for the cruise.

On the other hand, I should be thankful that I have the resources to go on a cruise and the past two cruises were very nice. So, I shouldn't complain. It is more of an annoyance.

Edited by desertdwellingsailor

13 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Expires in 2027.  I had to do what you describe on my last cruise and it worked. But for some reason my wife's app wasn't working and they lost her picture and passport information. Maybe she has another record somewhere with our CC on it. Now neither of us show any payment methods. So I'm guessing, not working in Princess IT, that there is some record somewhere with our credit card leftover from past cruises or the one we cancelled. I guess it is too much to ask that I put in a credit card and it just takes it. I used the same card to pay for the cruise.

On the other hand, I should be thankful that I have the resources to go on a cruise and the past two cruises were very nice. So, I shouldn't complain. It is more of an annoyance.

Are you sure you don’t have 2 captain circle numbers, or your DW?  
Make sure the website is correct and wait a few days and try agsin.

If you

used a TA or CVP, they should be able to help.

Did you just cancel the other cruise?  It does take a few days to drop off the App.

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are you sure you don’t have 2 captain circle numbers, or your DW?  
Make sure the website is correct and wait a few days and try agsin.

If you

used a TA or CVP, they should be able to help.

Thanks. I'm going to wait until after Christmas to call back. I booked the cruise on the web site. I don't think we have 2 captain circle numbers. At least they are the same as last cruise. I've only been on two. The first was organized by my wife's brother so it had her as primary which might have something to do with it. Still, that shouldn't be my problem. It should be Princess's problem to take my perfectly fine credit card. (Take my money, please!!!)

6 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Thanks. I'm going to wait until after Christmas to call back. I booked the cruise on the web site. I don't think we have 2 captain circle numbers. At least they are the same as last cruise. I've only been on two. The first was organized by my wife's brother so it had her as primary which might have something to do with it. Still, that shouldn't be my problem. It should be Princess's problem to take my perfectly fine credit card. (Take my money, please!!!)

It could. She would need to delete her CC, if she had you as an authorized user. She can delete hers and re-enter it, and not show you as an authorized user, if you want to just use your own CC on your booking. 

Good luck.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It could. She would need to delete her CC, if she had you as an authorized user. She can delete hers and re-enter it, and not show you as an authorized user, if you want to just use your own CC on your booking. 

Good luck.

If Princess wants my business they will figure it out.

10 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

If Princess wants my business they will figure it out.

Ha, that's funny.  Much as I'm sure Princess would prefer you spend your cruise vacation budget with them, I think it's unlikely they'll make an effort to resolve individual problems in fear of a customer deciding to go elsewhere.

• Haha 1

BRB- after y’all figure this out.

I booked 2 cruises last week. One showed up on app, the other didn’t could not log into app, after that. Deleted it, tried to start over. Nothing. No app for me.

Personalizer and Travel summaries on laptop are correct.

17 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good luck.

The funny thing is that my wife found her princess.com login and it has our last name spelled wrong. Could be that her sister-in-law whose first language is not English didn't spell it right on our first cruise. Her brother and his wife have been on a bunch of cruises but they are not tech savvy. They introduced us to Princess and they organized the first cruise we went on. But everything I have seen for the two cruises we have been on has our last name spelled right. It has to match her passport. Odd. Maybe it got changed somehow but who would change her last name in her record? The problem seems to be that somehow after our second cruise they disconnected my wife from the app. Maybe they changed the way they looked at last names in their code or something and it has always been wrong somewhere. Anyway, why do I have to debug their IT systems for them?

• Like 1

The funny thing is that my wife found her princess.com login and it has our last name spelled wrong. Could be that her sister-in-law whose first language is not English didn't spell it right on our first cruise. Her brother and his wife have been on a bunch of cruises but they are not tech savvy. They introduced us to Princess and they organized the first cruise we went on. But everything I have seen for the two cruises we have been on has our last name spelled right. It has to match her passport. Odd. Maybe it got changed somehow but who would change her last name in her record? The problem seems to be that somehow after our second cruise they disconnected my wife from the app. Maybe they changed the way they looked at last names in their code or something and it has always been wrong somewhere. Anyway, why do I have to debug their IT systems for them?

TBH, I don’t think I’d blame this all on PCL.  Sounds as though your DW’s SIL may have misspelled your name snd someone either at PCL (at checkin) or a TA/CVP

caught the error.

It is your responsibility to get your names corrected and match your passports.  I would do that and make sure your loyalty numbers are correct too.  Names are a big issue in the App, as they reference everything, like credit cards, PP, airlines, etc.

Once names are correct, you shouldn’t have many issues with the App. Take documents and personal information out and reenter..after names are corrected.

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TBH, I don’t think I’d blame this all on PCL.  Sounds as though your DW’s SIL may have misspelled your name snd someone either at PCL (at checkin) or a TA/CVP

caught the error.

It is your responsibility to get your names corrected and match your passports.  I would do that and make sure your loyalty numbers are correct too.  Names are a big issue in the App, as they reference everything, like credit cards, PP, airlines, etc.

Once names are correct, you shouldn’t have many issues with the App. Take documents and personal information out and reenter..after names are corrected.

Doesn't seem like my sister-in-law had anything to do with the misspelled last name. It was not that way on our previous two cruises. As far as I can tell we have done everything right. It just won't take our credit card. And anyway, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to enter my credit card information. That is terrible design on Princess' part.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem like my sister-in-law had anything to do with the misspelled last name. It was not that way on our previous two cruises. As far as I can tell we have done everything right. It just won't take our credit card. And anyway, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to enter my credit card information. That is terrible design on Princess' part.

Looks like they will only charge us $500 if I cancel before January 6. I guess I will bang away on it for a few days and then pull the plug.

12 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Looks like they will only charge us $500 if I cancel before January 6. I guess I will bang away on it for a few days and then pull the plug.

Before you do that, have you sought help via chat?  That’s how I fixed the wrong birthday that my TA entered for my upcoming cruise. 

• Like 2

I needed to update my new credit card number.  I went through the app and it cancelled medallion designs we ordered and the designs we had originally ordered were no longer available.  What really frosted me was that I was now being charged the medallion delivery fee when I had pre ordered the medallions before the fees went into effect.

When I changed my onboard credit card number, the app treated my purchases as new orders.  I should have left the old number in the app and changed it once we were aboard.  Lesson learned.  I don't know if that's part of the reason @desertdwellingsailor is having a hard time.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

If your card is being used for more than one person on the cruise you can't enter it twice. You need to enter it for one person and then check the box to allow others to use the same card. I can't enter the same card for myself and my wife but I can enter a card for me and check the box to make her an authorized user. It's poor programming.

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If your card is being used for more than one person on the cruise you can't enter it twice. You need to enter it for one person and then check the box to allow others to use the same card. I can't enter the same card for myself and my wife but I can enter a card for me and check the box to make her an authorized user. It's poor programming.

Yeah. It is poor. I ended up using our other credit card. It keeps getting declined when I travel but at least I'm in the green lane. They may kick me off the ship when I can't pay my bill. 🙂

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 3:09 PM, desertdwellingsailor said:

Yeah. It is poor. I ended up using our other credit card. It keeps getting declined when I travel but at least I'm in the green lane. They may kick me off the ship when I can't pay my bill. 🙂

Probably won't be an issue for the ship. It won't look to the credit card company that you're "travelling" because the charge is from Princess...not a foreign port.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Probably won't be an issue for the ship. It won't look to the credit card company that you're "travelling" because the charge is from Princess...not a foreign port.

I'm sure it will be fine. I was kind of kidding. On my first cruise my bank rejected the first charge from Princess while I was on the ship. My Mastercard has been compromised a couple of times so now the bank locks it at the least thing. We recently got a "travel rewards" visa card because my wife and daughter were travelling to Greece and I didn't want our Mastercard to lock up on them while they were there. They didn't have any problem using the Visa. But my Visa number is buried in Princess's IT systems somewhere and they won't let me use it so I put my older Mastercard in for onboard charges. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and contact the bank if the onboard charge gets rejected. I may turn on WIFI calling so that texts and calls from the bank can reach me.

5 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

I'm sure it will be fine. I was kind of kidding. On my first cruise my bank rejected the first charge from Princess while I was on the ship. My Mastercard has been compromised a couple of times so now the bank locks it at the least thing. We recently got a "travel rewards" visa card because my wife and daughter were travelling to Greece and I didn't want our Mastercard to lock up on them while they were there. They didn't have any problem using the Visa. But my Visa number is buried in Princess's IT systems somewhere and they won't let me use it so I put my older Mastercard in for onboard charges. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and contact the bank if the onboard charge gets rejected. I may turn on WIFI calling so that texts and calls from the bank can reach me.

When making my travel arrangements, I would notify my credit card banks of my itinerary.  One of my cards lets me do it online.  Amex no longer wants this info from me as they have an algorithm that compares current charges against where I've used the card in the past.  I have two cards with large credit limits which I never use but I notify them as my reason for having them is to cover emergency expenses in foreign lands.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

When making my travel arrangements, I would notify my credit card banks of my itinerary.  One of my cards lets me do it online.  Amex no longer wants this info from me as they have an algorithm that compares current charges against where I've used the card in the past.  I have two cards with large credit limits which I never use but I notify them as my reason for having them is to cover emergency expenses in foreign lands.

This doesn't work for Bank of America. I have tried contacting them before we travel. They just love locking my card. We setup an appointment to talk to them about it and they suggested the Visa. The Visa works well but the Princess App is rejecting it.

15 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

This doesn't work for Bank of America. I have tried contacting them before we travel. They just love locking my card. We setup an appointment to talk to them about it and they suggested the Visa. The Visa works well but the Princess App is rejecting it.

Well...good luck.  If I had any credit cards which only worked intermittently, I'd be looking for a different company.  I'm sure you must have your own reasons for keeping it.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Morrocco said:

Princess new app is here 😀

Yes, just went to the old app and is prompted me to update (on android). I had done our final medallion ordering step yesterday but the new version also asked for some contact details (phone numbers) to confirm we were ready to board.  No dining bookable yet for our Sun Princess inaugural.

Haven't managed to work out how to find my other bookings on the new version.

42days.jpeg