Worth it to by Invicta Watch onboard?

KKB

I see there are a wide variety of price points for them...

Would they be any cheaper to buy them onboard then on Amazon Black Friday sale?( thru Invicta store on Amazon)

We sail the Beyond next Friday.

Amazon has the Pro Automatic Stainless at $69, regularly $120.

I don't see it any cheaper anywhere else online.

Edited by KKB

How much more are you expecting to save?   The watch is $69  regular $120.    If you see what you are after buy it.  The ship may not have the one you want.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

The better question is "Is it worth it to buy Invicta?" The answer is almost always "no"! It's just not a good watch brand, and there are much better watches out there. Seiko, Orient, Tissot, to name a few.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use to participate in a Rolex Forum.   Everyone always joked about their or someone else’s Invicta collection.  

I agree with all of the other comments.  There may be better watches but at $69 if it is want you like and want go for it.  You can’t expect a Patek, Omega, Rolex, Tag,  Cartier, Panerai, IWC and etc quality.   

At $69 it isn’t  an investment.  It is a man’s jewelry or accessory.  If you want or need accurate time use your smart phone.  Unless the watch is a quartz.  

I doubt if you can find a mechanical TAG for that price.   I paid  $2000 for a SS Link Tag Mechanical  Chronograph many  years ago 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I think Invicta watches are OK as an everyday watch. THEY ARE NOT COLLECTOR WATCHES. I do agree that Seiko watches are generally better however, I think they are about twice the price.

I once bought an Invicta watch on a ship once because it was one I happened to want. The price was acceptable but not really great.  In general prices in the in ship stores are not really any better than the regular prices in land based discount stores.

14 minutes ago, KKB said:

Thanks for your thoughts....

He's 23 so it's just an accessory for him at this point in his life.

But I will look at other brands; he hasn't asked for much else for Xmas!

They often have out on sale on the last day of the cruise on the table outside the shops.

Invicta inflates their retail price so it seems like you are getting a good deal when they are discounted. Too bulky and heavy for me anyway.  I stick to Citizen solar watches. Not too pricey and I love the dozen or so I have of them. Never have bought any of them on a cruise ship as they are cheaper online.

Edited by coaster

If you are getting ones on the ship that are 60% or more off it is a good deal.  really the only time you can get better is sometimes the invicta shop (actual stores and online) does some crazy deals like buy several (2 or 3 and get up to 5 free).      The only thing I would check is what the discount actually is on the watch you are interested in.    The sign on my last sailing said 75% off (the upto was very small) and many of the watches when they punched in the prices were only 25-50% off.  

While it is true the Invicta is not a true collector watch some of them are great fashion and practical pieces for someone.    I have several in my watch collection as I felt they gave me great bang for the buck as I build my collection of watches (mostly mickey mouse) I am now at over 50 and am looking at getting some of the higher end ones.  But the invicta and citizen (slight step up) with good sales on the ship is always a nice way to expand the collection.

We purchased a few Invicta watches with non refundable OBC. Good looking watches and couldn't beat the price. We purchase them knowing they weren't high-end watches. Better value for us than spending the non refundable OBC in a specialty restaurant. The only complaint I have is my wife was wearing one on our October 2023 Eclipse cruise and the battery died. The onboard shop that sold Invicta watches would not install a new battery. Wasn't asking for a free battery. 

9 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Buying an Invicta is never a prudent decision. There are much better brands for lower-end watches as far as quality is concerned. Seiko comes to mind.

I think people are buying them because they like the way it looks or as gifts. I don't think they are any illusion about the quality.. 

• Like 1

i was in the business years ago and the best watch for the wholesale $ is stuhrling...I have bought them in white gold, rose gold and yellow stainless for as low as $50 nib  and they are a very nice watch for that kind of $..Very dependable and the large 40-50 mm faces that most men want today....just sayin'

It's best to avoid traditional watch gifts for the youngins' unless they specifically asked for one as they may see it as a burden to only wear it when they're in your presence.  Most "kids" these days may not want a traditional wristwatch regardless of brand and even if given a Rolex would much rather sell it.  Most want smartwatches as they allow them to see and interact with notifications without removing their phone from their bag or pocket

From "Ms. Nuts" who works in a hospital, most new smartwatches have heart rate monitors and are really good at identifying heart issues by monitoring heart rate irregularities.  Some people's hearts are very sensitive to heavy drinking (while overall it's very uncommon, stroke and seizure-inducing A-Fib is the most likely heart issue associated with a young healthy person drinking) which those in their early 20s are known to do

• Like 2

FYI, you specified automatic.  I like automatic watches because they are fully mechanical so I find them of interest.

However, for an accessory you should be aware of the following facts:

1) Automatic watches, especially less expensive ones such as Invicta or less expensive Seiko, are not as accurate as quartz analog watches.  A $100 Invicta will not be as accurate as a $30 quartz watch.  You may have to adjust the time daily.  

2) Automatic watches need to be worn at least daily or the mainspring runs out and you have to restart it the next time you use it.

3) The amount of stored power (eg, hours they can be left off the wrist) is usually significantly exaggerated especially for Invicta watches and lower cost Seiko watches and other brands.

I have hesitated about responding to this post, but, I have to defend Invicta.

No, they are not worth it purchasing on cruise, they overprice them.

A whole lot of folks can't afford Rolex, Omega, etc.

Invicta is a good alternative !

Yes, I collect Invicta.

My opinion is do what you want and don't let others influence you !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I have hesitated about responding to this post, but, I have to defend Invicta.

No, they are not worth it purchasing on cruise, they overprice them.

A whole lot of folks can't afford Rolex, Omega, etc.

Invicta is a good alternative !

Yes, I collect Invicta.

My opinion is do what you want and don't let others influence you !

The Rolex will most likely appreciate making it an investment but it's also a big target.  With that being said, really the debate should be whether should one buy a 23-year-old a $100ish wristwatch if they didn't ask for one

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, KKB said:

I see there are a wide variety of price points for them...

Would they be any cheaper to buy them onboard then on Amazon Black Friday sale?( thru Invicta store on Amazon)

We sail the Beyond next Friday.

Amazon has the Pro Automatic Stainless at $69, regularly $120.

I don't see it any cheaper anywhere else online.

Buy it on Amazon it’ll be at least $100 on board if they have the model you want

16 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The Rolex will most likely appreciate making it an investment but it's also a big target.  With that being said, really the debate should be whether should one buy a 23-year-old a $100ish wristwatch if they didn't ask for onen

I also own high end watches, I don't wear a lot, because.

I always get compliments on my Invicta watches, even the Invicta hawkers on cruise ships admire my collectible Invictas !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I also own high end watches, I don't wear a lot, because.

I always get compliments on my Invicta watches, even the Invicta hawkers on cruise ships admire my collectible Invictas !

So are any of them complete Submariner knock offs? Which is what this one is. Complete to the cyclops and a fake oyster bracelet. With a Malaysian made Seiko licensed clone movement. I'm OK with Invicta when it's something that's their own and they charge what it's worth (less than $50, probably closer to $14.99). But not creating a watch to exactly replicate a Submariner. Even worse if someone gets robbed for their fake sub...

• Like 1