Becoming diamond

cusematt4

49 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No perks = who cares? Screw the recognition, just give me free stuff.

I’m with you. We had no recognition (reached Pinnacle many years ago on a three night Enchantment cruise with no top-tier),  but we got the perks that day. 😄

m

• Like 1

I know one person who was upgraded to Diamond during a cruise, but not in the way you might think. 

We have a friend who cruises with us, and all three of us are Diamond members. She got married and brought her husband on a cruise. We were all drinking our free drinks and he was paying for his drinks when it occurred to me that since he married a Diamond he is entitled to Diamond status too. We took him downstairs to the loyalty desk and they upgraded him on the spot. We picked up a new SeaPass card at guest services and he enjoyed free diamond drinks the rest of the cruise. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 7:32 AM, Another_Critic said:

Not directly related to C&A tier status, but note that points (140, 210, 280, 350, 420, 490, 560, 630, 700, etc.) for crystal blocks ARE recognized during the current cruise.

I reached 140 on Jewel, but, got a block from Voyager, my next cruise.  Royal is nothing but inconsistencies. 😆

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2023 at 7:52 PM, firefly333 said:

Yes carnival you upgrade before your cruise, royal you upgrade after your cruise,.. simply put. Easy for me to remember. 

I'm turning diamond next on carnival. So I'm diamond (200 pts) when I board. I'm at 197 pts. It's a 14 day. For sure I hit diamond. I had some dinners on carnival I couldn't eat and switched back to rcl. I switch back and forth. Food mostly. 

I am only a few cruises from being Diamond on Carnival, but it is highly unlikely I will sail on Carnival again. Nothing wrong with Carnival, there are just other cruise lines I like better. Your comment on the importance of food during a cruise is interesting. Everyone cruises for different reasons and food is not high on my list of what I enjoy about cruising. While I think the food on RCI is better than on Carnival, I always found the food on Carnival to be pretty good. 

7 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I reached 140 on Jewel, but, got a block from Voyager, my next cruise.  Royal is nothing but inconsistencies. 😆

I was on Voyager last September and asked the LA the status of my Anthem block (from Dec. 2021).  He said it was still pending.  He then said he received a Radiance* block with the Voyager shipment, did I want it?  Sure.  🙂

* I was on the first sailing of Radiance (March 26-29, 2001), so it was nice to get the block.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am only a few cruises from being Diamond on Carnival, but it is highly unlikely I will sail on Carnival again. Nothing wrong with Carnival, there are just other cruise lines I like better. Your comment on the importance of food during a cruise is interesting. Everyone cruises for different reasons and food is not high on my list of what I enjoy about cruising. While I think the food on RCI is better than on Carnival, I always found the food on Carnival to be pretty good. 

If the price was right I'd book mardi gras. The week I was on vista I did pay restaurants and got around the Mdr dinners. Supposedly they have now improved dinners lately. I do like their pizza better and guys burgers. I like I can order surf n turf in their steak restaurant without paying extra.

I booked dream in January for the more unusual ports. I didnt say food was the only reason for booking. Aruba curacao columbia costa rico and panama and now docking in panama is up in the air due to the protests. 2 died. Several ships lately skipped. Celebrity and carnival I'm aware of. Waiting to hear. Getting close.

18 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I just weighed the latest block for Odyssey from our cruise last month.

It’s the colored one. It’s  34.95 Oz.  Just a bit over 2 lbs.

Same as the old style. I was surprised when I received it how small they are, roughly 4"x3" .

• Like 1