Port Everglades - Earliest to get on Sky

BRDLY99

11 minutes ago, BRDLY99 said:

Nothing, check in window is blank and the travel summary is also blank. Just says the ship leaves at 3:00pm

Do not count on boarding open until 11:00am.  If the travel summary says anything, it will indicate much later than that.  Folks show up before 10:00am waiting for doors to open.

If you arrive at the pier around 10am, and being in a full suite you will be one the first groups to board. Boarding may begin as early as 10:30am to 11am, but be mentally prepared to wait. There will be crowds entering the terminal and going through security at this time. 

As a Suite Passenger, you may be contacted to utilize the new offsite Concierge Lounge at Port Everglades. There are some threads here where you can read about it. I understand that at the current time it's only by invitation. Do you have a PVP??? Maybe they can get an invite for you

On 11/24/2023 at 5:37 PM, Moondogy said:

We have never been able to board before 10:30 everytime we sailed out of Port Everglades.

Same here.  The last couple of times it's been between 10:30 and 11.  And that's for the Elites / Suites.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, Clampram said:

As a Suite Passenger, you may be contacted to utilize the new offsite Concierge Lounge at Port Everglades. There are some threads here where you can read about it. I understand that at the current time it's only by invitation. Do you have a PVP??? Maybe they can get an invite for you

Thanks for the advice to contact my PVP. I wrote to her today and she is checking for me as I haven’t gotten an invite yet. 

4 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@Bgwest seriously?!!!!  I can't even imagine getting to the port that early.

True! We normally arrive about 9:30 and are among the first half-dozen there. 
Wife and I just happened to stop immediately outside the embarkation stantion (where the line begins at the entrance door) to request our Lyft pickup after we disembarked. 
We began a conversation with the first couple who arrived. 
SMH

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Us too, about 10 am.  I can’t imagine how long the line would be.  What a shame.  It used to be the most efficient, IMO.

This will be my first cruise upcoming since they ended the priority check in for loyalty members and moved it to pay.  Will see how it goes.  I hate these constant benefit cuts to loyal customers.

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

True! We normally arrive about 9:30 and are among the first half-dozen there. 
Wife and I just happened to stop immediately outside the embarkation stantion (where the line begins at the entrance door) to request our Lyft pickup after we disembarked. 
We began a conversation with the first couple who arrived. 
SMH

This seems to be typical lately ever since they discontinued the assigned arrival times. We experienced the same thing 3 weeks ago and when you do arrive at the Elite lounge we found it almost filled since we had a hold up at the check in counter.

I view it as another subtle arm twisting maneuver to get people to have the medallions mailed to them at home. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I view it as another subtle arm twisting maneuver to get people to have the medallions mailed to them at home. 

Yep.  Remove what was once a loyalty benefit to something you pay for. For clarity sake, I'm talking about the priority check in you used to get for your loyalty level.  

Edited by kywildcatfanone

18 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yep.  Remove what was once a loyalty benefit to something you pay for. For clarity sake, I'm talking about the priority check in you used to get for your loyalty level.  

Yea, that's pretty much gone. 

I think they might even add that perk into the Premium package some day making it almost worthless. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I didn't realize they got away from the Elite/Platinum express line.  Do suites have a separate line (if you aren't invited to the GO lounge)?  Or is it really just green lane and blue lane now?

My understanding for check in purposes it's only blue and green lanes.  No more priority check in for loyalty customers.  If that is wrong, would someone clarify?

Edited by kywildcatfanone

57 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

My understanding for check in purposes it's only blue and green lanes.

That's the way we understood it a few weeks ago. There was lots of confusion to say the least. 

You would think they would make up a few large print signs. The guy at the head of the line makes an announcement that could only be heard 10 feet away with all the idling busses & no one could hear a thing at the back of the line so we just stood in place. People who arrived before the line even began were told to go somewhere else to wait. Of course no one moved. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 9:02 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

My understanding for check in purposes it's only blue and green lanes.  No more priority check in for loyalty customers.  If that is wrong, would someone clarify?

The way it worked in San Pedro a couple weeks ago is that everyone was together in the line to get through security.

Post security, check in was quickest for those with green. 

After check in, elites and suites waited in their waiting room, (as usual) and the rest waited in the terminal.  At 11, the elites and suites were ushered into the ship.

After they boarded, platinums in the terminal were called forward and after they were taken care of, the rest went called by the numbers assigned at check in.

21 hours ago, Its the journey said:

Post security, check in was quickest for those with green. 

I'm assuming that those that were green proceeded straight to the Elite lounge to wait while the others went to the check-in counter to get their medallions.