Inside Cabins on celebrity

rowval

We have not been able to cruise in about 8 years, we mostly always booked an inside cabin, only had an issue once on the Solstice b2b and they upgraded us to balcony. We do like the dark cabinfor sleeping. We are hardly in our cabin during the day. We are booked for Dec 10 on the new Ascent. So far the YouTubers have not shown any inside cabins. Any one else book inside cabins with Celebrity? 

1 hour ago, rowval said:

We have not been able to cruise in about 8 years, we mostly always booked an inside cabin, only had an issue once on the Solstice b2b and they upgraded us to balcony. We do like the dark cabinfor sleeping. We are hardly in our cabin during the day. We are booked for Dec 10 on the new Ascent. So far the YouTubers have not shown any inside cabins. Any one else book inside cabins with Celebrity? 

Of course others book inside staterooms. Check out the sticky at the top of this page for E class ships. You may find info there you are looking for. 

2 hours ago, rowval said:

They will be the same as on the Beyond, so just to Google or Youtube searches for Celebrity Beyond inside Cabins. There are two classes of Inside cabins on the Edge Class ships, one slightly larger than the other with a little more room and a larger bathroom.

• Like 1

You can check reviews for any other E-Class ship  (Edge, Apex, Beyond) and will find info that will be relevant.  First E-Class (Edge) sailed in 2018, so 5 years ago now.  Beyond was the most recent put in service (last year). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dreamer321 said:

Not the Ascent but I was on Betond in inside cabin 11177 Deluxe Inside Stateroom. Here are a few pictures I took:

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

As I said in my original post there are two Inside cabin classes and this is the larger of the two.The bathroom is also larger. 

This will be our first time in an inside cabin after having sailed on Celebrity for 15 years or more.  I know my husband will not mind it as I am always telling him to go on the balcony and he never does.  My biggest concern is seeing if we have arrived or what the weather looks like.  I know I can see it on the television but it is quite different.  Hope I do not feel like I have to run to the outside deck often from the cabin to satisfy my need for outdoor space. The important thing is that we are sailing.  It was a complimentary cabin.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rowval said:

Ascent has some of the biggest interiors in the business--I don't think you will be disappointed!

(PS The Ascent JUST sailed for the 1st time this week so expect some videos in the coming weeks...BUT if you look at those videos of Beyond interiors, they should be virtually identical--the other rooms I've seen this week appear to be same layout as other Eclass ships)

Edited by KKB

We always used to book Inside rooms prior to the shut down because I would rather spend money on excursions or ship activites.  Post shutdown I booked out the next 5 cruises all in a balcony room.  Two were nice while the other three all had smokers on the balcony, one cruise had the next 4 cabins that were cruising together and they thought the drinking shouldn't end until 4 am.  

We are now back in the inside rooms and it's so much quieter and I am able to sleep without hearing the door to the balcony open/close/open at 3:00 am by people who don't know what an inside voice is.  Yes, security was called on the 4 cabins together and when knocking at their door they refused to open for security.  We left our balcony room after the second night to move to another floor and security was going to gain  access from our room.  I still remember the smile on his face when he said "We have plans tonight when they won't open the door."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We just had a deluxe inside on Apex.  Great room (dark, quiet)...our only issue was how close the bed was to the closet (hard to access, especially when my husband was sleeping, so I didn't). There was also limited space between the foot of the bed and the tv/wall, which could be a bit tight for a larger person.

• Like 1

Simply look at inside cabins for Beyond or Apex. I'd recommend paying more for a deluxe inside, not only because they're larger, but because you avoid the cabins attached to balconies, which was a bad experience on Apex. The problem is that there's a hallway door leading to the inside cabin and balcony, so whenever people in the other room go out of their cabin or inside from the hallway, the slamming door will wake you or disturb you. You also hear them chatting outside their door, thinking they have privacy and you're not hearing everything. It also makes it more difficult for a cabin steward to see you going in and out of your cabin, and I found those inside seemed to get the lowest priority for getting made up quickly on embarkation and other days. Other than that, the rooms are gorgeous and spacious, as on older Solstice class cabins I've been on. Harr Travel does the best cabin tours on YouTube, going through even inside cabins, and he does long ship tours of 45 minutes or so, and you just have to tune out his travel agent sales pitch. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 10:07 AM, RedIguana said:

From what I have seen on these boards everyone but me books suites 😈

I often think the same thing. We were on an inside on Infinity in. Sept. I don’t think that will help you out much with the newer ships. But we were happy and would book it again.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, dazey said:

This will be our first time in an inside cabin after having sailed on Celebrity for 15 years or more.  I know my husband will not mind it as I am always telling him to go on the balcony and he never does.  My biggest concern is seeing if we have arrived or what the weather looks like.  I know I can see it on the television but it is quite different.  Hope I do not feel like I have to run to the outside deck often from the cabin to satisfy my need for outdoor space. The important thing is that we are sailing.  It was a complimentary cabin.    

I wondered if I would have trouble going back to an indoor after having balconies. My last cruise was back to an indoor and I was fine. It was just as comfortable a feeling to be in as the balconies. I enjoyed the terrace rooftop and constellation lounge for outdoor or wide window space.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, dazey said:

We always just looked on the tv, but we haven’t cruised in about 8 years, how did u get a complimentary cabin?

22 hours ago, rj59 said:

Simply look at inside cabins for Beyond or Apex. I'd recommend paying more for a deluxe inside, not only because they're larger, but because you avoid the cabins attached to balconies, which was a bad experience on Apex. The problem is that there's a hallway door leading to the inside cabin and balcony, so whenever people in the other room go out of their cabin or inside from the hallway, the slamming door will wake you or disturb you. You also hear them chatting outside their door, thinking they have privacy and you're not hearing everything. It also makes it more difficult for a cabin steward to see you going in and out of your cabin, and I found those inside seemed to get the lowest priority for getting made up quickly on embarkation and other days. Other than that, the rooms are gorgeous and spacious, as on older Solstice class cabins I've been on. Harr Travel does the best cabin tours on YouTube, going through even inside cabins, and he does long ship tours of 45 minutes or so, and you just have to tune out his travel agent sales pitch. 

Thanks will look them up! And thanks  for the tip , I think we have a deluxe inside on the Ascent Dec 10! 

On 11/25/2023 at 5:44 PM, 563toM said:

We always used to book Inside rooms prior to the shut down because I would rather spend money on excursions or ship activites.  Post shutdown I booked out the next 5 cruises all in a balcony room.  Two were nice while the other three all had smokers on the balcony, one cruise had the next 4 cabins that were cruising together and they thought the drinking shouldn't end until 4 am.  

We are now back in the inside rooms and it's so much quieter and I am able to sleep without hearing the door to the balcony open/close/open at 3:00 am by people who don't know what an inside voice is.  Yes, security was called on the 4 cabins together and when knocking at their door they refused to open for security.  We left our balcony room after the second night to move to another floor and security was going to gain  access from our room.  I still remember the smile on his face when he said "We have plans tonight when they won't open the door."

Very good points, thanks so much

On 11/25/2023 at 4:31 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Pretty much the inside, OV and IVs are identical except for one wall (you do get a slightly larger room in an IV as it absorbed the balcony)

If you want you may want to look into the MoveUp program, maybe the you'll see value in upgrading

I have a bid I for the Ascent Dec 10 to a infinite verandah,s till showing as pending, thanks