CruiseNext dept gets commissions!

fstuff1

12 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Yes, but to me, reaching a  target goal to get a bonus is not commission.

Ie: A Xmas bonus if the company does well.

Yes cn people are nice.

But them starting out saying would you like 4 (or 4each if a couple) if asking to buy cn is off-putting. 

I'd rather them say how many would you like.

Yes, they don't push it after I say I only want 2

So what’s your gripe with them being on commission? Because the start out asking if you want 8, you say no and then you get what asked for? If you find it so off putting then don’t buy them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DominicAUS said:

So what’s your gripe with them being on commission? Because the start out asking if you want 8, you say no and then you get what asked for? If you find it so off putting then don’t buy them.

no gripe.

just surprised.

i thought others would also be surprised but apparently it's just me that i dont know salesmen when i see one?

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

no gripe.

just surprised.

i thought others would also be surprised but apparently it's just me that i dont know salesmen when i see one?

Not surprised at all I assumed they did. Every single day of a cruise I have voice mail on cabin phone from them, Bob Barker, c’mon down lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

i thought others would also be surprised...

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

18 minutes ago, dexddd said:

I wish they had a do not call list.

I agree with you!  We just returned home after 16 days on the Breakaway - we could not delete the messages until we listened to them.  If I decided to leave them on the phone without listening, then I'd have two red lights flashing all night in our very dark cabin.  Those people are so obnoxious.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2023 at 6:25 AM, SomewhereGirl said:

I thought it was a little off putting for the CN guy to ask everyone in line who were there to sign up for the behind-the-scenes tour if they have purchased their CN certificates.  I can see why they'd do it (if they can't sell, they'd be out of a job), but if we were eligible for a free tour, we are aware of CN.

you aren't necessary aware of CN just because you are eligible for the free tour.  One has nothing to do with the other

40 minutes ago, dexddd said:

I wish they had a do not call list.

This is the reason why one of the first things I do when I get into my cabin is un-plug the phone.  Not to necessary avoid the call (I don't know if they have actually ever called me), but to avoid the flashing red VM light from all the messages they leave

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, fstuff1 said:

Never knew this till recently.

They get commission for cruises booked.

And I'm betting they get commissions for CruiseNext certificates sold.

That would  explain why they are pushing people to buy $1000 worth :o

I could not care less how anyone else gets paid.  That is between them and their employer.  What difference does it make anyway?

4 hours ago, vantec said:

I agree with you!  We just returned home after 16 days on the Breakaway - we could not delete the messages until we listened to them.  If I decided to leave them on the phone without listening, then I'd have two red lights flashing all night in our very dark cabin.  Those people are so obnoxious.

Viva, as soon as the message started pretty sure the delete button worked.

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

Viva, as soon as the message started pretty sure the delete button worked.

Not true!  Part of the message said you had to listen to the entire message before deleting - and, they changed the numbered button you had to push each time in order to delete the message. They are very aggressive, I didn't appreciate it.  I wish I had thought to unplug my phone, I will do that next time.

On 12/1/2023 at 5:13 PM, PATRLR said:

Yes, of course.  And that is why they act very similarly to time-share salespeople right down to the confusing/misleading statements.   

We have regretted our Cruise Next purchases. Easy to buy, sooooo hard to apply.

*Can only be used 120 days out.

Cannot be used on interior rooms (occassionally, actually enjoy them for the peace and quiet)

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Cannot be used by a Canadian travel agent because we bought them in $US at sea while travelling on a direct buy NCL Cruise.

You'll find this amusing:

1. * Call NCL (USA) - ask to buy an upcoming cruise. WANT TO SPEND $3,000 but (hat in hand) humbly ask if we can apply one of the $250 Cruise credits AND have the booking assiged to our Canadian travel agent (the agent who found it for us). No - less than 90 days. Can't assign the booking to your agent, we're told . "We're NCL, not a travel agent".  Travel agent is out of luck if we book direct, in $US. So we decide to keep trying with Canadian travel agent and pay on our home country's currency (and the currency of our credit card).

2. Canadian Travel Agent (**Edit..not sure if we're allowed to mentioned TA names)  - spoke to NCL rep and 3 Supervisors (some NCL and some TA). Can't pay in $ Cdn AND apply US $ 250 'coupon. Why? Because we bought in $ US. So?? Toggle it, give us 30 percent or so..what's that,  $75 Cdn??get it done. No. Computer doesn't allow Cdn purchases to apply US credits. No override. If we book from Canada, can't apply US $ Cruise Next.

• But Travel Agent says we can write an email to Cruise Next, convert ALL those Cruise Nexts to Canadian. Fine. I start that process. Receive email - it takes 3 to 5 business days to respond (odd..the cruise purchase decision by telephone often has to be immediate - next day hold at most, for us).
  • Reply by email from NCL- we would be happy to convert any or all of your CND to the currency of choice (CAD). NCL got it wrong. We're not trying to convert CDN to CDN (who would ? ). I call them. Nope. "Cruise Next' can only be handled by email (that's very telling - you can solve most things by 'explaining' in a conversation. Not NCL Cruise Next). 

So..we're sitting on $1250 of cruise credits, tried to purchase a cruise Black Friday weekend..ran into a speed bump involving a minor currency consersions...and sense that time will not be on our side. Canadian travel agent (and 3 of his immediate supervisors) are almost laughing. "You want to spend $3,000. All you want to do is apply $250 - that's your money, funds you've paid for. And they don't want your money"??

* and I suppose that's my next question. We're less than 120 days but they're willing to accept 1 cruise credit. How do all those promotional emails I've received actually  'work'. Apply 2 Cruise Next. Apply 3. (is the 'small print'  in those emails ..Must book 4 months in advance..Must purchase in the currency Cruise Next is in? Must book balcony and above). This cruise is a balcony or above btw...nice Caribbean weather. But truly, for other cruises, expecially northern, no problem inside. 

Keep you posted on our attempt to use our money for a future cruise. Live and learn.

Edited by John E. Canuck

7 hours ago, vantec said:

Not true!  Part of the message said you had to listen to the entire message before deleting - and, they changed the numbered button you had to push each time in order to delete the message. They are very aggressive, I didn't appreciate it.  I wish I had thought to unplug my phone, I will do that next time.

Delete was 2 every time.