Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What are the shows like?  How often is there a show?

Every night something going on...but so far not that impressed with the theater shows.  Mostly tired old acts.  Did like Marquee, the Broadway musical mix up...that was on the first couple of days.  But the usual Ventriloquists, jugglers, Vegas type one man band...etc.   Ehh...

Though they did have a great pool deck show, bringing on local Arubian dancers that did a Carnival/Mardi Gras type dance number before sail away that night.  

And great solo guitar playing in the Centrum with Wojciech in the afternoons.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We were on that cruise and the lunch was combined for P and D+ over 340 points. 

We have been on several cruises where D+ and Pins had a combined lunch (probably because the numbers didn't warrant separate lunches).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We have been on several cruises where D+ and Pins had a combined lunch (probably because the numbers didn't warrant separate lunches).

Ours were all combined until Jewel in Oct/Nov when we had a lot of Pinns and D+ onboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Pinnacle "Cheers with an officer".   Not busy yet in this picture, but it did fill up pretty well later.  

Menu:   Notice no Lobster.  😉   My steak was not so good...but Bucky's was perfect.  Luck of the cow I guess.  😉  

20231219_111112.jpg

20231219_111142.jpg

Similar menu that they had for the Diamond Plus 340+ on the Wonder recently.

Edited by Vibe

15 hours ago, orville99 said:

That happened to us a few times also.   On EX, out of PR a couple of years ago...there were 12 Pinnies one week, and 10 the next, of which only 6 showed up for the lunch.  We were all at a single 6 top table in the MDR for the six pax.  😉 

15 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Pat, are they showing films in the cinema ?

Yes, they are (and occasionally in the big theater).   I want to go there on a sea day sometime (like everyone else).  But since I have not checked it out yet...not sure how packed up it is.  The movies they are showing so far are all ones I have seen before.  We have several sea days after Grenada stop tomorrow, so will check it out.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vibe said:

Similar menu that they had for the Diamond Plus 340+ on the Wonder recently.

Yup, exactly the same.  Though was not that long ago it was one small Lobster tail and the fillet.  Hit and miss (IMHO) on the fillet for us on Wonder.  Some days very good...some days...not good at all.  The TA last year had really good steaks.   

Still enjoy "first night" fillet in CK the best though!  😋

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Good morning Barbados!  Going to get some hand wash laundry done this morning and just sent out a well stuffed bag of "boil and fry".   Have been here many times, so will wait and go ashore in a couple of hours.  Found a great little fish shack within easy walking distance along the waterfront that has wonderful fresh fish sandwiches.  Plus may check out the big grocery store near by.  

For those that have been here in the past...this will look very different.  They finally got rid of that awful rusty metal scaffolding along the far sea wall.  Looks so much cleaner now, and most likely easier to walk along, though we are docked on the container yard side, pretty close to the terminal.  Only cruise ship in today, which is odd.  

20231220_071147.jpg

20231220_072850.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Still enjoy "first night" fillet in CK the best though!  😋

Always our favorite as well. As an aside, DW asked how the food was in the WJ and MDR on the WC. Did they upgrade their offerings and variety?

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Always our favorite as well. As an aside, DW asked how the food was in the WJ and MDR on the WC. Did they upgrade their offerings and variety?

Actually been pretty good in both.  We do all our dinners (first traditional seating) in the MDR.  We have a fantastic waiter/asst. waiter team.  They see us coming and are already bringing our glasses of wine as we are seated. 😉   95% of the food has been good, fast service, hot, and mostly tasty.  As in all things, some dishes were not as good as others, but we have been happy.  🙂  

We don't do the WJ very often, but do it on sea days for lunch only.  Breakfast has been every day in Chops and very good.  

MDR menus are quite the mix up.  No "classics" on the menu, and no "theme" menus (though they are doing theme menus in the WJ at night).  Mostly a mix up of a variety of the past menus.   Always seems to be a vegan dish, and still offer the Caesar salad each night, which Bucky loves.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have been following many of the cruisers posting on TikTok as well as here and Instagram.  It is definitely a hot topic on TikTok.  Lots of people commenting who have never cruised, so lots of incorrect information floating around out there.  Very assuming!  But all the cruisers posting seems to be having a great time.  I appreciate everyone taking the time to post so I can live vicariously for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

For those that have been here in the past...this will look very different.  They finally got rid of that awful rusty metal scaffolding along the far sea wall.  Looks so much cleaner now, and most likely easier to walk along, though we are docked on the container yard side, pretty close to the terminal.  Only cruise ship in today, which is odd.  

Finally. Man, what a difference. We always enjoy the walk along the water into Bridgetown from the port. On the way back to the ship I like to get a beer (Banks Caribbean Lager) at the Jolly Roger (Black Pearl party cruise) and rest our dogs before heading back to the ship. 

• Like 2

Love this little beach shack Bar and Grille "Rolli's".   Fantastic fresh seared Tuna sandwiches...and of course...ice cold Banks beer.   Drank one for you @doghog my friend!  😋

Then a big shopping spree at popular local grocery to pick up some Q-tips...did not pack enough, and the ship won't let me teleport home any longer.  😄 

20231220_104735.jpg

• Like 13