Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, island lady said:
1 hour ago, island lady said:

Forgot to mention we attended a great show last night, very talented young violinist that joined the ship in Barbados, David Klinkenberg.   He received several standing ovations.  One of the cutest things was when he invited young 13? year old boy up to play piano, while he accompanied him on the violin...also standing ovation.  They were great!  The young man had stood next to me along the railing a few nights ago when we watched the Arubian dancers on the pool deck.  Very polite and quiet.  He is such a gifted young pianist!  

No pictures, I find bright screens on I pads and phone cameras during a show disruptive.  Had two pax in front of me doing that, too bright of a glare...annoying.  Then worse than that, young couple towards the end of the show down in front, started letting their rowdy and loud 3 young children run wild along the stage front floor, and even climbing the stage stairs and hand rail.  Parents did nothing to control them.  Could hear them above the violinist and the orchestra. 

Real shame.  Please parents...control your children...and actually BE a parent.  OK...off my soap box now.  😕

A man my DH works with has performed on a couple of cruises, not as a solo act but part of an ensemble with some solos.  He plays saxophone I think.  Anyway, he and his DW have fallen in love with cruising.   They go a couple of times a year for him to perform.

Don't get me started on misbehaving kids and parents who ignore it.  Why do they think they'll hurt their child's esteem by correcting them?  Or is it, they think they paid for their cruise so their kids can do what they want?  With so few children onboard you'd think you wouldn't have issues.  As far as ipads and phones are concerned, there is no reason to have one out.  There's really no need to record a show.   It's disruptive to others and you miss so much when you are busy trying to record.   The kids were probably bored with the show.  When you take your family on a cruise, you need to sometimes sacrifice what you want for everyone's comfort.  It's also a good time to teach manners.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Forgot to mention we attended a great show last night, very talented young violinist that joined the ship in Barbados, David Klinkenberg. 

I saw him on the Ovation, and he is excellent. If he gives his talk on Cracking the Da Vinci Code, go see it. He is just an amazing individual.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BND said:

A man my DH works with has performed on a couple of cruises, not as a solo act but part of an ensemble with some solos.  He plays saxophone I think.  Anyway, he and his DW have fallen in love with cruising.   They go a couple of times a year for him to perform.

Don't get me started on misbehaving kids and parents who ignore it.  Why do they think they'll hurt their child's esteem by correcting them?  Or is it, they think they paid for their cruise so their kids can do what they want?  With so few children onboard you'd think you wouldn't have issues.  As far as ipads and phones are concerned, there is no reason to have one out.  There's really no need to record a show.   It's disruptive to others and you miss so much when you are busy trying to record.   The kids were probably bored with the show.  When you take your family on a cruise, you need to sometimes sacrifice what you want for everyone's comfort.  It's also a good time to teach manners.

I had a family with misbehaving kids ruin Mamma Mia on Allure for me. The kids obviously had no interest in the show. The parents did nothing to control their kids and certainly had no plans to leave and deprive themselves of seeing the show. No looks or words from me did anything to correct the situation. I was angry. I was so looking forward to that show.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Forgot to mention we attended a great show last night, very talented young violinist that joined the ship in Barbados, David Klinkenberg. 

One of our neighbors, Gary Lovini, was a headline performer on our PC transit cruise. Also a very talented violinist, and quite the showman. He pops up on RCL cruises quite a lot, so he may pop up on yours at some point. A definite "don't miss" performer.🎻😇

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Perfectly stated...thanks.  Simply boils down to manners and some respect to your neighbors and fellow patrons.  Sad what the world is coming to now...sigh.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, BND said:

Ignorance infers they don't know any better but def arrogance.

IMHO, laziness, entitlement, and arrogance are often generationally imprinted  behavior, so I included ignorance. Maybe I should have said inherited ignorance instead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had a family with misbehaving kids ruin Mamma Mia on Allure for me. The kids obviously had no interest in the show. The parents did nothing to control their kids and certainly had no plans to leave and deprive themselves of seeing the show. No looks or words from me did anything to correct the situation. I was angry. I was so looking forward to that show.

I guess it is time for us to express our feelings in the review or with GS.  These are not parents...they are breeders.  😞 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

So, we were able to avoid most of the rain that came early and made our way down to yet another favorite restaurant...Sails.  Some relaxing time on the waterfront, and the best seared Tuna salad I have ever had.  Naturally it came with a pre lunch Carib and a bottle of Matua...NZ Sauvignon Blanc of course.  😉 

20231221_100321.jpg

20231221_102119.jpg

20231221_110703.jpg

• Like 10

For dessert...the Chocolate museum on Young street.  Always fun to visit.  One of the rare times we can find 100% Cocoa chocolate bar.  Yummms!  Quite bitter...but oh so heavenly!!  Chocohaulics dream.  😋 We munched on a couple of chocolate truffles on the way back through the crazy traffic.  Quite the challenge walking back to the ship through that.  😬

20231221_114511.jpg

20231221_114537.jpg

20231221_124506.jpg

• Like 6

@orville99    Not hard at all.Do it all the time on my Android.

After you make the post ,go back and edit the post.

Then tap on the right side in the margin for each picture.

When you see a line flashing on right side of picture then then tap,the extreme bottom back arrow,that will put spaces between pictures where you can add text.

Making space between pictures is just like you can make spaces between paragraphs.

Try it super easy!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Forgot to mention we attended a great show last night, very talented young violinist that joined the ship in Barbados, David Klinkenberg.   He received several standing ovations.  One of the cutest things was when he invited young 13? year old boy up to play piano, while he accompanied him on the violin...also standing ovation.  They were great!  The young man had stood next to me along the railing a few nights ago when we watched the Arubian dancers on the pool deck.  Very polite and quiet.  He is such a gifted young pianist!  

No pictures, I find bright screens on I pads and phone cameras during a show disruptive.  Had two pax in front of me doing that, too bright of a glare...annoying.  Then worse than that, young couple towards the end of the show down in front, started letting their rowdy and loud 3 young children run wild along the stage front floor, and even climbing the stage stairs and hand rail.  Parents did nothing to control them.  Could hear them above the violinist and the orchestra. 

Real shame.  Please parents...control your children...and actually BE a parent.  OK...off my soap box now.  😕

It’s sad when parents aren’t in control of their children. Unfortunately now that those children have been allowed to do it once they and the parents will think this is acceptable behavior and keep doing it. Eventually someone will have to say something.  The parents will then be upset that they were called out about their sweet children who were just being kids (in an inappropriate setting).  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Us either.  Never made it but we are on a cruise coming up (can't remember which one !) where Grenada is on the itin.  Looking forward to it.

Some on Southern Carib out PR do stops here every so often and mine were on a few 11n out of Florida. Coming up its on a Boston RT Jewel and 4 TA's Serenade/Brilliance/Jewel stopping here... US ARMY Units I supported went there 40yrs ago, think Grenada still Celebrates that date

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1