Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

I am currently on the four-night Serenade and would like to share a hint.  It would be a good idea to have some type of tap light for the closet (balcony cabin). We find it impossible to find what we are looking for without turning on the overhead lights, with only four days of clothing in the closet.  That would not have pleased my SO this morning when I was up and getting ready for the day two hours before him. The bathroom light does not help because it is impossible to open the bathroom and closet doors at the same time.  . 

20 hours ago, doghog said:

Thanks. We'll enjoy reading about your adventures and experiences. Have a drink for us in the CL. 😉🍷 Then head out to the VCL.  

P.S. Kathy say's hi and have a great, fun and peaceful cruise. She is decorating the Christmas tree as I type.🎄

With us leaving on Sunday...for the first time we are not decorating.  The neighbors would be too annoyed to have us still leave them up until February.  😉 

Indeed love the little CL and the VCL on the Radiance ladies.  Is our normal go to lounges. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am currently on the four-night Serenade and would like to share a hint.  It would be a good idea to have some type of tap light for the closet (balcony cabin). We find it impossible to find what we are looking for without turning on the overhead lights, with only four days of clothing in the closet.  That would not have pleased my SO this morning when I was up and getting ready for the day two hours before him. The bathroom light does not help because it is impossible to open the bathroom and closet doors at the same time.  . 

What about using your cell phone for light?

26 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thanks.  I had the same idea in advance.  Have a battery operated  "tap light" that has been packed awhile ago, and also added a couple of cute solar "Candles".   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jamon said:

Haven't heard much from John&Lala lately....are they going the world cruise??????

Yes.  He is on the whole 274 nights, Laura is disembarking and flying back to Orlando with us in LA.  She is rejoining us in Copenhagen, we rejoin in Barcelona for 4th quarter. 

John has been uninvited to CC, sadly.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have no room on the shelves to set it down and I need both hands to find my clothing and put it on, but that idea may at least help me tomorrow morning.  Thanks. 

Your idea about a simple tap light that sticks to the inside of the closet is perfect.  And makes the most sense of course.  😉  That is what I plan to do as well.  

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

Your idea about a simple tap light that sticks to the inside of the closet is perfect.  And makes the most sense of course.  😉  That is what I plan to do as well.  

I almost hate to ask this question, but is your cabin on 7?

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

What about a head lamp, similar to the type used during camping or DIY projects? 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

It was...kind of changed again yesterday.  😉  Now on deck 10.  

Very good!  I am unable to use my hair dryer in a center hump balcony on 7 because it trips the breaker. The cabin next door has the same problem. The electrician “flipped a switch” and it worked for another two minutes or so. When the electrician came back the second time, I asked if there was a permanent fix.  The permanent fix is to use the cruise line’s hairdryer 😳. That doesn’t really work for me for the next two days, and I sincerely hope there are men traveling solo in those cabins for the WC. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes.  He is on the whole 274 nights, Laura is disembarking and flying back to Orlando with us in LA.  She is rejoining us in Copenhagen, we rejoin in Barcelona for 4th quarter. 

John has been uninvited to CC, sadly.  😞 

Can you share where he might be commenting on the cruise? I always enjoyed his thoughts, but understand if you can't say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

That would work in the closet, but I would have to be careful not to look at my sleeping SO with it on 😂

Doesn't Serenade have a dividing curtain between the bed area and the sitting-bathroom end of the room? I haven't been aboard in years and can't remember. Back then we were still booking OV rooms so I don't know if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Doesn't Serenade have a dividing curtain between the bed area and the sitting-bathroom end of the room? I haven't been aboard in years and can't remember. Back then we were still booking OV rooms so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Yes, it does, thank you!  I just tried it and it works. Covers the complete distance and slides very quietly. I will try the iPhone flashlight on the desk to reflect in all the mirrors, with my clothing on the chair the night before, and at least have some room to move around. You guys are so helpful!

• Like 2

With you in spirit and looking forward to following along. I would do this in a heartbeat if I were retired. 

Wondering if there are any knitters/crocheters planning special projects, like the row a day temperature blankets, or some sort of geographical version of that. Or maybe buy yarn in ports as you go and do something creative with that. 

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Very good!  I am unable to use my hair dryer in a center hump balcony on 7 because it trips the breaker. The cabin next door has the same problem. The electrician “flipped a switch” and it worked for another two minutes or so. When the electrician came back the second time, I asked if there was a permanent fix.  The permanent fix is to use the cruise line’s hairdryer 😳. That doesn’t really work for me for the next two days, and I sincerely hope there are men traveling solo in those cabins for the WC. 

Total bummer!   I have never like the supplied hair dryers and always bring my own. 

3 hours ago, janabelle61 said:

Can you share where he might be commenting on the cruise? I always enjoyed his thoughts, but understand if you can't say.

Unfortunately you won't find him on CC.  His fault.   Apparently he was a bad boy too many times.  And like you...I miss his posts.  😞 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

With you in spirit and looking forward to following along. I would do this in a heartbeat if I were retired. 

Wondering if there are any knitters/crocheters planning special projects, like the row a day temperature blankets, or some sort of geographical version of that. Or maybe buy yarn in ports as you go and do something creative with that. 

Laura, as in John and Lala...is a fantastic knitter.  She does hats for new babies.  She is wonderful that she contributes those. 

• Like 1