Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

What amazed me was how much my DH loves cruising, maybe even more than me...and I love it a lot.  😉   

I have cruises booked into late 2025...and am waiting to book into 2026...yeah, it's an addiction.  😄 

We are no better…we currently have 20 booked through October 2025, and plan on booking 6-8 more once we get home. DW informed me that 28 days at a time is her limit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

What amazed me was how much my DH loves cruising, maybe even more than me...and I love it a lot.  😉   

I have cruises booked into late 2025...and am waiting to book into 2026...yeah, it's an addiction.  😄 

I wish he had my love for the sea. Funny, when he’s on a ship he loves it, it’s the getting him there part…

I have 2024 totally booked (as much as we can fit for cruising) and some in 2025 because I’m waiting for a cruise to open up in the fall, and I have 1 so far in 2026. It IS an addiction 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I bought this 1.5 inch king size topper from Amazon, after much research on reviews.  Was looking for the smallest compacted size.  It comes in a box, tightly shrink wrapped.  Very compacted.  I took it out of the box, keeping it in the shrink wrap, and happy to see it fit just fine in one of my duffle bags.  Will take the wrap off when I get the bag and let it fluff up in the cabin.  I think it will help a lot.  

How are you going to compact it to take home?  Or will you leave it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Okey dokey...here you go.  I am happy with the way it fits compact in a duffle bag, and hope it helps a lot.  Can't make it worse!  😉 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07993F9S9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

We have inflatable pads (I believe the brand is klymat) .  They deflate and roll up to about 4” diameter and 7” long.  Easily fit in our suitcase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We are no better…we currently have 20 booked through October 2025, and plan on booking 6-8 more once we get home. DW informed me that 28 days at a time is her limit.

and people laugh at me for having 8 planned for next year.  I keep telling people I meet that my 8 per year is nothing compared to lots of folks.   they just shake their heads.

But for 2025 I only have 2 planned.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

I wonder if there is a "Cruiser's Anonymous" club we can join for our addiction?  😄 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I wish he had my love for the sea. Funny, when he’s on a ship he loves it, it’s the getting him there part…

I have 2024 totally booked (as much as we can fit for cruising) and some in 2025 because I’m waiting for a cruise to open up in the fall, and I have 1 so far in 2026. It IS an addiction 😁

Wow...nice.  I finally was able to book my Alaska 2025 while on Wonder a couple of weeks ago.  Not having luck with bookings yet for 2026.  

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

How are you going to compact it to take home?  Or will you leave it?

LOL...no, it will become a "donation" the day we leave.  Actually I think John (of John and Lala) wants it.  She is flying back to Orlando with us when we get to LA, he is staying on for the whole 274 nights.

I am quite sure he won't give it back when we rejoin in Barcelona.  😄 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and people laugh at me for having 8 planned for next year.  I keep telling people I meet that my 8 per year is nothing compared to lots of folks.   they just shake their heads.

But for 2025 I only have 2 planned.   

I have 14 through 2025....but most are long cruises.  Getting the most bang for the buck with my flights out.  😉 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I’m so happy the DH likes to go too.  It would be hard to be married to someone who didn’t like to travel as much as I do. I couldn’t talk him into the World Cruise but maybe we’ll do a shorter one someday.  There is that pesky thing called money…..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’m so happy the DH likes to go too.  It would be hard to be married to someone who didn’t like to travel as much as I do. I couldn’t talk him into the World Cruise but maybe we’ll do a shorter one someday.  There is that pesky thing called money…..

I hear 'ya.   I am happy that the DH and I are a good match on the traveling.  Even though he traveled extensively for his career, and would be gone for weeks and sometimes months at a time, he enjoys it much more now with his "co-pilot" of sorts with him.  😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I have 14 through 2025....but most are long cruises.  Getting the most bang for the buck with my flights out.  😉 

I agree of mine 9 next year oops I said 8.  Anyhoo two are B2B in Florida requiring only 7 flights r/t

Both ironically are B2B with DCL (magic and Wish).  One is with Wonder OTS and one is with X Beyond.

I sure wish I could do longer than 14 days but I think I would miss my home and then having to ask others to take care of things too.  

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I agree of mine 9 next year oops I said 8.  Anyhoo two are B2B in Florida requiring only 7 flights r/t

Both ironically are B2B with DCL (magic and Wish).  One is with Wonder OTS and one is with X Beyond.

I sure wish I could do longer than 14 days but I think I would miss my home and then having to ask others to take care of things too.  

Hopefully you will love Wonder.  She is one of our favorite ships.  Just enjoyed a B2B a few weeks ago, and at this same time last year, we did 4 weeks.  Loved that cabin so much we booked it again.  🙂

We have a neighbor 2 doors down in our community that takes care of homes for a living.  He is also a good friend.   We pay him well, he takes care of our home...no worries.  😉 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, doghog said:

Post random pictures when you have the time. 

I am going to need help from John on how to do that.  I can do it when I have AT&T signal, sending pics to myself email, then download to post.   I know it must be simple to do so when I don't have phone usage...but I will get it figured out.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, island lady said:

I am going to need help from John on how to do that.  I can do it when I have AT&T signal, sending pics to myself email, then download to post.   I know it must be simple to do so when I don't have phone usage...but I will get it figured out.  🙂 

Thanks. Only if you have time. 🍷

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks my friend, and how are 'ya?  🙂  

Wish you were joining us!   

We are doing good.  I skimmed through your upcoming cruises hoping we crossed paths but not yet.   We are not cruising until the end of January on the Inaugural Icon cruise.  We were needing a nice, relaxing cruise 😆 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are doing good.  I skimmed through your upcoming cruises hoping we crossed paths but not yet.   We are not cruising until the end of January on the Inaugural Icon cruise.  We were needing a nice, relaxing cruise 😆 

Sweet!  Enjoy your Icon cruise...and have a fantabulous time!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 6:40 AM, island lady said:

Dry cleaning very expensive, but we will be using that as well when needed. 

Am I correct that you'll be on two full segments (out of 4)?  If so, dry cleaning is included in the laundry services.  Here's a link to the FAQ:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/ultimate-world-cruise

And here's the relevant paragraph:  "Laundry Services – Each stateroom is eligible to send three bags of clothes per week to be washed, pressed, dry cleaned and folded at no additional cost."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Am I correct that you'll be on two full segments (out of 4)?  If so, dry cleaning is included in the laundry services.  Here's a link to the FAQ:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/ultimate-world-cruise

And here's the relevant paragraph:  "Laundry Services – Each stateroom is eligible to send three bags of clothes per week to be washed, pressed, dry cleaned and folded at no additional cost."

Thanks.  It  is all very confusing.  I had thought we would be able to use the self service laundry machines recently installed as being Quarter cruisers...but found out from others...it is just full WC cruisers.

I would love to think the washed and pressed, and or dry cleaning would be included...but I am actually under the impression it is just the "wash and fold" which we have always used on other ships in the past, but only for things we would not miss if destroyed.  We call it "boil and fry".  That service (for us) is just cotton undies, socks, cotton t-shirts/shorts, exercise clothes.  

Another interesting thing to discover when we board I suppose.  There is going to be so much that is different on this...will be adjusting a lot for sure.  

I am still taking my hand wash kit...just to be on the safe side.  😉 

• Like 2

Self-serve laundry wasn't even on the list when they announced this cruise over 2 years ago.  It only came about in December of 2022 when some full world cruisers were invited aboard the Wonder and got to bring up issues to some of the Powers That Be during several world-cruise talks given that weekend. They then had to figure out where and how to make this possible, and, as I said, there are only 3 washers in each laundry room, and only 3 laundry rooms.  That's simply not enough to handle all the passengers.  Personally, I don't think it's enough to handle the number of full world cruisers.  But as I am one who cannot send anything to "boil and fry," I appreciate the effort even though I still think I'll be doing most of my laundry by hand in my cabin.  😀. But the FAQ link I sent does say that the segment cruisers do get the wash-and-fold, and as I quoted, it indicates dry cleaning, too.  We will find out for sure soon.  😉 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Self-serve laundry wasn't even on the list when they announced this cruise over 2 years ago.  It only came about in December of 2022 when some full world cruisers were invited aboard the Wonder and got to bring up issues to some of the Powers That Be during several world-cruise talks given that weekend. They then had to figure out where and how to make this possible, and, as I said, there are only 3 washers in each laundry room, and only 3 laundry rooms.  That's simply not enough to handle all the passengers.  Personally, I don't think it's enough to handle the number of full world cruisers.  But as I am one who cannot send anything to "boil and fry," I appreciate the effort even though I still think I'll be doing most of my laundry by hand in my cabin.  😀. But the FAQ link I sent does say that the segment cruisers do get the wash-and-fold, and as I quoted, it indicates dry cleaning, too.  We will find out for sure soon.  😉 

Thanks!   I, like you, sure hope that is true!!  That would really help a lot.  🤗

And indeed...I am sure there will be a very detailed letter in our cabin upon arrival.  😉 

• Like 1