Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

56 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The two bartenders in the Pub are doing both the first and second legs, and both are outstanding.

Gede and Suaji who were in the Crown Lounge last week are also fab, they are on until Dubai. Gede makes a great Cosmo.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Therein lies the problem - if your bank doesn't recognize the device you are using it will always seek verification. If, however, you are using a device that your bank has already verified, not a problem. When we are on a cruise or otherwise away from home, we always use our iPads or iPhones because our bank knows they are verified.

One workaround that we use when travelling internationally is to unlock and then re-lock our cards on the devices we will be using while on vacation before we have to put our phones in airplane mode for the trip..

Device recognition and user authentication is incorporating location data more and more frequently to screen out higher risk login attempts.  Your method of unlocking and locking prior to departure may have worked so far, but, do be prepared with an alternative in the future so you're not having to activate an expensive TravelPass on your phone plan, just to receive an SMS.

36 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Device recognition and user authentication is incorporating location data more and more frequently to screen out higher risk login attempts.  Your method of unlocking and locking prior to departure may have worked so far, but, do be prepared with an alternative in the future so you're not having to activate an expensive TravelPass on your phone plan, just to receive an SMS.

Would never be suckered into using TravelPass as long as my phone is capable of doing Wi-Fi calling.My text messages come in on both my iPhone and my iPad already, so I’m good. And, with my phone in airplane mode, if I do need to make a call, I use Skype from my iPad.

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Airport shuttle picking us up in 20 minutes.  Ughh...early flight...thanks Delta for making sure we are up this early (flight change).  

But I probably would not sleep much more anyway.  "Sea" you all on board soon!

Hopefully you are on board and enjoying a libation before sail away😇🥃

• Like 2

We and 208 others are currently watching the Miami webcam; waiting for you to set sail.  It's a bit later than the published 4pm departure.  I hope no one forgot to pack their passport, or to do muster drill!  At any rate....have a wonderful time!!

21 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We and 208 others are currently watching the Miami webcam; waiting for you to set sail.  It's a bit later than the published 4pm departure.  I hope no one forgot to pack their passport, or to do muster drill!  At any rate....have a wonderful time!!

Probably still waiting for late people. Really what's the rush on leaving. Only going to Coco cay 1st stop.

Plus they have 9 months to adjust the schedule to get back to Miami on time. 🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:23 PM, island lady said:

Hopefully you will love Wonder.  She is one of our favorite ships.  Just enjoyed a B2B a few weeks ago, and at this same time last year, we did 4 weeks.  Loved that cabin so much we booked it again.  🙂

We have a neighbor 2 doors down in our community that takes care of homes for a living.  He is also a good friend.   We pay him well, he takes care of our home...no worries.  😉 

I was lucky to do Wonder out of Ft Lauderdale last spring. I think I was on #6 cruise before leaving for Europe.  Did not get to see all the shows as they were not ready.  I also Love Symphony too

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

when does the 2nd segment start?  Is it Brisbane?

I know 3rd starts in Dubai and 4th starts in Barcelona.

Kinda cool that first and last day of entire WC includes Coco Cay.

I believe it's Los Angeles...........   like 63 days to be exact

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

According to the itinerary link ...

1st segment = 63

2nd segment = 87

3rd segment = 62

4th segment = 62

oops I did mean to say 2nd but for some reason I typed 3rd.  So I did guess correctly in my mind.

The 2nd segment is what I would do if I could except for China.   oh well.   

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The cruisers were told that there would be 28 different MDR menus

Would just moving around some of the entree's in different order make them different menus? I mean they don't have 28 x 6  different entrees's that I know of. That would be  168 different mains?

@island lady Bon Voyage! Have a fabulous time! Just so exciting - I will cruise vicariously right along throughout the entire journey via everyone's comments. It will be an education for sure!

It looks like you will have fellow cruisers with some interesting stories. I have read two different articles about people purchasing cabins to live full time on Storylines new MV Narrative and both mentioned they had booked the UWC cruise in the meantime:

One couple from New Smyrna:

"Moving aboard the MV Narrative will not be a massive adjustment for the couple, with the pair scarcely on land.

Where are they now? They just boarded a nine-month 'cruise around the world' with Royal Caribbean."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-12813421/Meet-couple-whove-200-cruises-love-life-high-seas-theyre-selling-house-Florida-paying-1-7million-LIVE-cruise-ship.html

Another FL couple from Port Salerno:

"A couple all too familiar with cruise ship life are John and Melody Hennessee, retirees from Port Salerno, Florida.

When they saw a Facebook post about the MV Narrative in early 2022, they had already signed up for a 279-day world cruise with Royal Caribbean."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11728177/Couples-reveal-theyve-spent-millions-dollars-live-Storylines-cruise-ship-MV-Narrative.html

So two couples who will be going from UWC to full time cruising! 😉 Maybe they will share their stories onboard...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Would just moving around some of the entree's in different order make them different menus? I mean they don't have 28 x 6  different entrees's that I know of. That would be  168 different mains?

Of course dishes will repeat.