Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Hopefully you will love Wonder.  She is one of our favorite ships.  Just enjoyed a B2B a few weeks ago, and at this same time last year, we did 4 weeks.  Loved that cabin so much we booked it again.  🙂

We have a neighbor 2 doors down in our community that takes care of homes for a living.  He is also a good friend.   We pay him well, he takes care of our home...no worries.  😉 

Wonders suite area spoiled me….thats the only rooms ill book

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

@island lady, we are on the ship for the four-night cruise before the WC and you are absolutely right to bring a mattress topper. The bed does seem to be higher and the mattress more like those we have at home.  It seems to have a bit of bounce to it. But it is definitely firm.

Thanks!  Since it is easy to bring in my extra duffle (and already packed 😉   ...I don't think I can go wrong by opting to do so.   🙂 

25 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Totally agree.  Our go to cabin is usually a GS...fits us perfectly, but with Wonder...wow indeed!  Love having them all on the same floor as CK/SL.  And the side we book has almost no foot traffic.  🙂 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  Our go to cabin is usually a GS...fits us perfectly, but with Wonder...wow indeed!  Love having them all on the same floor as CK/SL.  And the side we book has almost no foot traffic.  🙂 

Not that there’s much foot traffic up there 😁

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

@island lady, we are on the ship for the four-night cruise before the WC and you are absolutely right to bring a mattress topper. The bed does seem to be higher and the mattress more like those we have at home.  It seems to have a bit of bounce to it. But it is definitely firm.

That is why the spa is onboard for those WC cruisers.  To get those kinks out, Probably firm for that reason.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:13 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I still need to bring my own shampoo and conditioner. For some reason the water in the ship dries out my hair so I bring my own products. Hubby uses the upgraded stuff

My roommate always brings her own hair care products.  She says fixing her hair is like trying to tame a wild beast ;o)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Oh, Wonder's suite area rocked.  We had an Owners Suite for the WB TA last year and lived in it for the two weeks due to Covid fears (which we caught anyway).  We'll be dreaming about that suite for years to come.

And the Suite Sun Deck was delish.  

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am going to be lazy, and not google nor scroll through all of the comments 😉. Remind me- when does the first leg leave, and where from?  Happy sailing!!  

I think it leaves Dec 10th from Miami.

• Like 2

Yes, we leave this Sunday the 10th at 4pm.   Terminal "G".   

Full WC pax are staying at a complimentary hotel in Miami the night before, including a dinner and party.  We are lowly quarter cruisers, so are flying in early on Sunday morning.  But no big deal, as it is just an hour flight from Orlando.  😉 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Since it is easy to bring in my extra duffle (and already packed 😉   ...I don't think I can go wrong by opting to do so.   🙂 

Bring scissors, the balcony beds didn't measure out as a standard king (76 inches wide) when I measured them last week - more like a skinny California king (~70 inches). You will probably have about a 6 inch (total) overhang on the sides of the bed.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Bring scissors, the balcony beds didn't measure out as a standard king (76 inches wide) when I measured them last week - more like a skinny California king (~70 inches). You will probably have about a 6 inch (total) overhang on the sides of the bed.

Thanks, had thought of that awhile ago, especially the way some of the beds have that curve on the end corners.  I bought a pair of scissors with a protective sheath and have them in my checked bag, though I am worried they will catch that image and send my duffle bag down to the "naughty room".  😮 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yes, we leave this Sunday the 10th at 4pm.   Terminal "G".   

Full WC pax are staying at a complimentary hotel in Miami the night before, including a dinner and party.  We are lowly quarter cruisers, so are flying in early on Sunday morning.  But no big deal, as it is just an hour flight from Orlando.  😉 

You now officially can say you are "short". Saturday you can say "next". Bucky will know what I'm talking about. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, doghog said:

You now officially can say you are "short". Saturday you can say "next". Bucky will know what I'm talking about. 

LOL...He said to say he is so short he can walk underneath your shoes.  "ETS"...that make sense to you?  😄 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...He said to say he is so short he can walk underneath your shoes.  "ETS"...that make sense to you?  😄 

I was so short I couldn't be part of the conversation.

For you two Sunday from the real world. 😁

Edited by doghog

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

I was so short I couldn't be part of the conversation.

For you two Sunday from the real world. 😁

He told me it means "Estimated Time of Separation".   I guess that is a military term...known to you, your bro, and many of your other bros.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

He told me it means "Estimated Time of Separation".   I guess that is a military term...known to you, your bro, and many of your other bros.  😉 

Agree plus a lot of other ones. Why my comment, "For you two Sunday from the real world. 😁"

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Though I sure wish you and Kathy were coming with us.  🙂 

Thanks. We'll enjoy reading about your adventures and experiences. Have a drink for us in the CL. 😉🍷 Then head out to the VCL.  

P.S. Kathy say's hi and have a great, fun and peaceful cruise. She is decorating the Christmas tree as I type.🎄

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks, had thought of that awhile ago, especially the way some of the beds have that curve on the end corners. 

The bed in our balcony room had the rounded mattresses - I think that is their standard setup now. Even though we slept well on our 29 night cruise, we really enjoyed getting back into our Tempur Pedic bed at home again😇🛌

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The bed in our balcony room had the rounded mattresses - I think that is their standard setup now. Even though we slept well on our 29 night cruise, we really enjoyed getting back into our Tempur Pedic bed at home again😇🛌

That alone would keep us away from ever doing a WC.