Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

She has been there since early this morning.

Yes the 4 night cruise that left on December 5th arrived this morning(9th)  and off loaded those passengers just like any other normal 4 night cruise.

Ship just sits there today and over night loading provisions and luggage that was sent ahead from the WC passengers that sent some of their bags ahead. Ship will be ready tomorrow morning for  all the passengers(WC and regular passengers taking the shorter cruises.)

• Like 1

Those talking about locking your cards should make sure you have the ability to get around any verification code sent by text when you try to access to remove the lock temporarily.  This can be a real pain ITA if your card provider won't also email the code as alternative.  I spent 5 months out of the country last year and 3 this year and ran into numerous access issues while using an E-Sim and not my network phone number on mobile devices, especially.  Some non-card websites blocked access completely, even on laptop, from the countries to which I traveled. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

The WC Gala night at the

Inter Continental Miami 

IMG_3967.thumb.png.75ea87ec192588f9ea2b412380ebe1bb.png

Nancy 

Looks like a great  crowd. 

Bon Voyage to all the WC's, quarter WC's and segmenters. Have Fun and hope to hear about it on CC .  Thank you to @island ladyfor starting this thread.

Will see some of you in BCN 👍

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

ran into numerous access issues while using an E-Sim and not my network phone number on mobile devices, especially. 

Therein lies the problem - if your bank doesn't recognize the device you are using it will always seek verification. If, however, you are using a device that your bank has already verified, not a problem. When we are on a cruise or otherwise away from home, we always use our iPads or iPhones because our bank knows they are verified.

One workaround that we use when travelling internationally is to unlock and then re-lock our cards on the devices we will be using while on vacation before we have to put our phones in airplane mode for the trip..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There's a bartender named Von doing the first part of the cruise. Find him. Great bartender, also a good singer/guitarist.

The two bartenders in the Pub are doing both the first and second legs, and both are outstanding.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Airport shuttle picking us up in 20 minutes.  Ughh...early flight...thanks Delta for making sure we are up this early (flight change).  

But I probably would not sleep much more anyway.  "Sea" you all on board soon!

I also would have been too excited to Sleep late nite, enjoy! Last 10yrs every one but 2 of my Delta Fights flight times changed. Sometimes it's 5-10min, many others closer to 2-4hrs... 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Airport shuttle picking us up in 20 minutes.  Ughh...early flight...thanks Delta for making sure we are up this early (flight change).  

But I probably would not sleep much more anyway.  "Sea" you all on board soon!

You're flying in the day of?  Good luck!

• Like 1