Our next cruise has Abraham Hicks guests on board

gordylad

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

You misunderstood. Their excursions were listed in amongst all the other shore excursions with the restriction that they could only be booked by that group. ( That’s how I was able to see them. )

I did misunderstand. Thank you for correcting me. I thought that perhaps the ex FAs discussed their exclusive excursions with you and that's how you found out.

43 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

We also had a Chinese group onboard a Celebrity Asia itinerary, and they had many onboard group activities/entertainment including Tai Chi, and majong, also singers with whom they all sang along in their own language.  They also had their own shorex, in Mandarin I think the language was, so nobody would have wanted to go with them anyway. And they had their own group tables in the MDR, maybe even different menu items but I have no knowledge of that.

Going on a shore excursion with a group I don't know that's conducted in a language I don't understand wouldn't be my thing, but I think we would be surprised at how many regular passengers would want to do this if it was available to them. And perhaps even dine with members of the group, if THAT was available.

6 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I think we would be surprised at how many regular passengers would want to do this if it was available to them. And perhaps even dine with members of the group, if THAT was available.

I could see the dining option being more popular than" the shorex in a foreign language"option, but any time we passed an activity of theirs they all appeared to be smiling, laughing and having fun, apart from the "majong room" where their facial expressions showed how seriously they take their play, but it was certainly noisy in there.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

On our very first or second Celebrity cruise there were 2 groups on board- one was very big (1000+ if I recall).  They had seminars during the day and we very quickly learned to schedule our breakfast and lunch around their schedule.  Other than that we didn’t notice anything different.

4 hours ago, KEN31VA said:

I was on a cruise where about half of the ship was a Weight Watchers group.  The ship prepared for the group with many special low calorie items, especially in the buffet.  The problem was that many in the group did not select these items resulting in a shortage of the regular items.

HILARIOUS!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KEN31VA said:

I was on a cruise where about half of the ship was a Weight Watchers group.  The ship prepared for the group with many special low calorie items, especially in the buffet.  The problem was that many in the group did not select these items resulting in a shortage of the regular items.

9 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

HILARIOUS!!

Maybe for us in the cheap seats, but less so for all of those who were onboard.  I can imagine the crew taking some grief for what happened.

• Like 1

I was on Equinox this March when an Abraham Hicks group was on board - if I remember correctly, around 900 participants.  The only issues  I found were seating in the main dining room - they apparently were all doing traditional dining, so it was difficult to get a table; coffee lines at Cafe al Bacio before their meetings and at breaks were terrible; some of the regular events held in the theater had to be moved to Celebrity Central - if it was a popular event, had to get there early to find a seat.  We did a sunset sail in Aruba, a couple of attendees of the conference were on the sloop - they were very pleasant and social and their only comment  regarding their group, was they wished people would stop saying they were a cult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

think its time to reflect as to what this group is all about.............

https://www.abraham-hicks.com/about/

I had never heard of this group.  They sound suspiciously like the Lutheran Buddhism beliefs that I seem to have developed over the years.  Each to his own ... I'm going to do some more reading.  I'll be on the lookout for any signs of 'cultism'.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

But since you never know what groups might be with you on a cruise, how do you know you wouldn’t get someone worse!?

just hope for the best!

we have cruised with many groups..most were ok  including  motorcyclists,    but others did have  neg impacts.  With some we felt like unwanted outsiders as staff catered to the group members who took over!

• Like 2

I have never heard of Abraham-Hicks and have now fallen down that rabbit hole.  All I can say is... Wow.  You could perhaps have some excellent people watching opportunities on this cruise!  All in all, I would probably rather sail with them than with a big corporate group.

• Like 3

We were on a post covid cruise with AH group.  It was a weird cruise on many levels   One was that embarkation coincided with the SouthWest Airline Melt down and 50% of the guests mostly AH members missed the ship and due to Covid protocol were not allowed download boarding.  

There were only 300 total passengers  on Equinox.   I'm guessing 1/2 were AH.

They had 1/2  of the upstairs MD reserved exclusively for them at dinner time.     They would all meet in the Wine Cellar Bar.    I don't want to disparage them but they were like members of a 70's commune trying to find the meaning of life and the laws of attraction.  

They were not disruptive but would show up in huge groups (Huge meaning 1/2 of the 300 aboard.  

They also had the theater blocked off for them at certain times and sometimes other venues were for their exclusive use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gordylad said:

think its time to reflect as to what this group is all about.............

https://www.abraham-hicks.com/about/

After reading that I don't think they would be a problem (great for people watching). I wouldn't want to cruise with the Hip Hop groups I hear that there's always trouble/issues on those. 

22 hours ago, riredsox said:

I can only tell you (I have cruised twice with them) they smile a lot.  I did have a couple of them try to explain to me what they were about.  It cost quite a bit of money to join.  Never bothered anyone.  

That's exactly what we experienced, too. They weren't a bother. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned to sail with them again.

And a bonus, they seemed to prebook a lot of cabins and then released about a third after final payment so it was a bonus for those looking for a Move Up.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 3:20 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Another question if you're willing... would you say that there are MORE excursions that are restricted to AH guests than those that are available to others, or are there are FEWER AH restricted excursions, or would you say they're about the same (i.e., most or all excursions that are available to ordinary passengers have a version for AH guests).  Thanks in advance!

Yes,  there were many more excursion choices for Abraham Hicks on our recent cruise.  This past summer we were on the Reflection for a Mediterranean cruise and were discouraged to see that there were many more choices for A/H passengers.  Some of their choices were duplicates of those offered, although many were not.  Even more distressing was how many excursions were sold out while still the A/H choices were all still open.

The members we spoke with were, for the most part, very friendly.  We would often meet them wearing their  name tags immediately before and after sessions in elevators and dining venues.   One day the daily activity bulletin incorrectly listed a lecture in the theater so when we went there we were denied entry but were amazed by the size of the group as they basically filled the 4th deck of the theater. Other than the excursion choices they did not really impact our enjoyment of the cruise.

Edited by m.arizona
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were on a post covid cruise with AH group.  It was a weird cruise on many levels   One was that embarkation coincided with the SouthWest Airline Melt down and 50% of the guests mostly AH members missed the ship and due to Covid protocol were not allowed download boarding.  

Guess the laws of attraction weren't strong enough for that half if the group to get to the ship in time.  I believe the proper term this group's would use is that those folks were not "in the vortex". Lol.  

Still, a cruise with only 300 people (even if half are AH) sounds like a really awesome experience.

Edited by Salt Lifer