One Adult/One Child in Cabin (Drink Package)

Jaymuxman

I have searched for answer to my question but can't find answer so figured I would ask this knowledgeable group. If the only two of us in the cabin is myself and my 12 year old daughter do I have to buy plus package for both of us, or can I buy the plus package for myself and the soda package for my daughter? Thanks in advance for any kind replies you might have for me.

1 hour ago, Jaymuxman said:

I have searched for answer to my question but can't find answer so figured I would ask this knowledgeable group. If the only two of us in the cabin is myself and my 12 year old daughter do I have to buy plus package for both of us, or can I buy the plus package for myself and the soda package for my daughter? Thanks in advance for any kind replies you might have for me.

If you're buying the Plus Cruise package aka the bundled fare package with WiFi, drink package, and so forth - the first two passengers in a cabin have to purchase it, regardless of age. Minors will have the zero proof beverage package while the adult has the Plus Beverage Package.

If you're talking the stand-alone beverage packages, there's no requirement that all people on cabin buy a package or none can.. if you want the Plus beverage package, go for it

.you can buy your minor the classic Soda or zero proof package or simply pay as you go for them

The Cruise Packages and the beverage packages have different rules.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaymuxman said:

Guests 1 and 2 must have the same package, either Plus or Premier.

Plus includes Wifi and Tips, so your child would only have to hit around $30 worth of drinks, including the 18% service charge to break even. Waters, mocktails, sodas, teas or frappes, the juice bar all count towards this. They're also eligible for fitness classes (one of our kids is an athlete, and the classes are fun for them).

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

If you're talking the stand-alone beverage packages, there's no requirement that all people on cabin buy a package or none can.. if you want the Plus beverage package, go for it

.you can buy your minor the classic Soda or zero proof package or simply pay as you go for them

The stand alone beverage package is hideously expensive and doesn't include gratuities, WiFi, etc. There is no way I would ever recommend it to anybody.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jaymuxman said:

Just get the cruise fare Plus package and don't even think about standalone packages as thry will cost you more.  Also, your 12 yr old can expand horizon beyond simple sodas with their version of Plus fare which will be the Zero Alcohol pkg for the beverage portion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChutChut said:

The kid will have the non-alcoholic drink version of what you buy for yourself and will be charged for that version.

The plus fare is the same for adults and minors. There is no difference in cost. 

• Haha 1