Taxis at Miami Port?

jssabs

We will be disembarking Crystal Serenity in Miami on December 23.  There are 5 mega ships scheduled to also be in port.  We plan to taxi or uber to Miami Beach.  Will there be a problem getting a taxi or Uber at the port given the number of ships present or do we need to book a transfer service and if so, any recommendations for a transfer service?

11 hours ago, jssabs said:

I was more concerned about the availability of taxis with so many ships at the same time.

You will have no problem getting a taxi or rideshare at Port Miami. With a rideshare you might have to wait a bit for your ride to get assigned and to drive to you. If you're in a hurry, just take a regular taxi which are already lined-up outside each terminal.

• 7 months later...

we are on the Sympathy of Seas (Port of Miami)  1/26/25-2/2/25 and thinking of getting a taxi for return to Fort Lauderdale Airport.  Our flight is leaving @ 12:30.  Time wise I think we will have sufficient time to get from port to airport/gate.  Figure off ship get a taxi around between 8:15-8:45.  What do you think?  Also any idea price of a taxi.  One more question, Uber:  what is your experience verses taxi.  I honestly have not taken an Uber.  Thanks for any help! 

17 hours ago, bsouza said:

we are on the Sympathy of Seas (Port of Miami)  1/26/25-2/2/25 and thinking of getting a taxi for return to Fort Lauderdale Airport.  Our flight is leaving @ 12:30.  Time wise I think we will have sufficient time to get from port to airport/gate.  Figure off ship get a taxi around between 8:15-8:45.  What do you think?  Also any idea price of a taxi.  One more question, Uber:  what is your experience verses taxi.  I honestly have not taken an Uber.  Thanks for any help! 

The ride from POM to FLL will take about 40-50 minutes - you will be early for your flight.  Expect a cab to cost about $75-80+ for the ride.  Uber or Lyft should be about $50+ -- your call.

19 hours ago, bsouza said:

I would look into SAS Transportation. It will be far cheaper than a taxi to FLL. And they’re super efficient. I’ve used them a couple times.

On 12/11/2023 at 5:16 AM, Keith1010 said:

Ivi,

My apologies. I should have said since July of 2022 no longer is there a flat rate. It is all metered.

Keith

Do you know what a taxi would approximately cost from port of Miami to MIA? We have a 12:15 flight booked and looking for the best option to get there. 

11 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Do you know what a taxi would approximately cost from port of Miami to MIA? We have a 12:15 flight booked and looking for the best option to get there. 

Shuttles, taxis, Ubers. The shuttles run $10 pp, those between $20 and $30 per trip. With a flight that late no need to rush so you can avoid surge pricing. 

21 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Taxi will be about $40+ for the ride - more if you need a van/SUV taxi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Taxi will be about $40+ for the ride - more if you need a van/SUV taxi

Thank you. The cruise line’s transportation is $22/person. So a taxi doesn’t necessarily save money, just might be more convenient. 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

Thank you. The cruise line’s transportation is $22/person. So a taxi doesn’t necessarily save money, just might be more convenient. 

Cruise line transportation is typically the most expensive and slowest. As of this posting, an Uber is $36.78 from POM to MIA. I'll take an Uber every time before I take a taxi.

On 8/12/2024 at 8:19 AM, teknoge3k said:

Cruise line transportation is typically the most expensive and slowest. As of this posting, an Uber is $36.78 from POM to MIA. I'll take an Uber every time before I take a taxi.

You don’t ever have a problem getting one? I just want to make sure we’re not going to wait a super long time. But it’s a week day cruise arrival and a smaller ship so we’re probably fine. 

4 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

You don’t ever have a problem getting one? I just want to make sure we’re not going to wait a super long time. But it’s a week day cruise arrival and a smaller ship so we’re probably fine. 

With close to 400 Uber rides, I have never had an issue getting a rideshare anywhere in the country, even at 4 in the morning. The only exception would be in New York City, ironically enough. Uber ended up sending a taxi after me (at the Uber rate, of course)..