How Many Times Will Grandeur Be Christened?

GMIAC

I keep getting e-mails (latest today at 2PM CST) for having signed up to watch Tuesday's (tomorrow's) christening of Grandeur, but I'm also seeing things all around social media, with photos, that there was a ceremony yesterday. What's up with that? Am I in some kind of alternate universe?

The christening was on Dec 10. Not sure why they are promoting a virtual event of it 2 days after it happened?  Also why was the christening done inside and not outside of the ship as customary? Was it raining in Miami at the time? I thought it was odd to see everyone watching the champagne bottle hit the ship on a video screen rather than in person. 

I came, I saw and watched (most of it). Unfortunately, I was not too impressed. I, like others had hoped for a few more visuals on the ship itself. Not thrilled with the caned champagne smash....kinda loses it's appeal in the show lounge.

Speeches were long and longer and at risk of being totally flamed, I thought Andrea's breast cancer spiel was out of place. I think that it's a very important message, but not at that time. Just my thoughts. 

"The Egg" is interesting and it's production was probably the high point for me, although I can think of a lot of more important places to put that expenditure......maybe a donation to breast cancer.....?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mudhen said:

I came, I saw and watched (most of it). Unfortunately, I was not too impressed. I, like others had hoped for a few more visuals on the ship itself. Not thrilled with the caned champagne smash....kinda loses it's appeal in the show lounge.

Speeches were long and longer and at risk of being totally flamed, I thought Andrea's breast cancer spiel was out of place. I think that it's a very important message, but not at that time. Just my thoughts. 

"The Egg" is interesting and it's production was probably the high point for me, although I can think of a lot of more important places to put that expenditure......maybe a donation to breast cancer.....?

Agree!  I lost interest after the NCLH president’s remarks.  I thought all the personal remarks were out of place for this event as a launching of a new ship is not a testimonial to your career and its impact on your family.  I almost wanted to post a “Take a Shot” game every time someone said “unrivaled”!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, forgap said:

Agree!  I lost interest after the NCLH president’s remarks.  I thought all the personal remarks were out of place for this event as a launching of a new ship is not a testimonial to your career and its impact on your family.  I almost wanted to post a “Take a Shot” game every time someone said “unrivaled”!   

Great leaders do not place themselves as the focus, rather they create something that you want to be part of, whether that be the experience, the product (I.e cruise line or ship being christened), the customer/employees or something less tangible. I saw her being interviewed on “The Balancing Act”, (promoted by RSSC) and did not have a great impression…the whole thing was very superficial. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I just don’t find new ships that exciting.  But then I don’t get a new car often either. 

I'm tooling around in a 2011 Toyota... I hear you 🙂 My husband just recently replaced his 2008 Toyota with 213k miles (and 50,000 calories in Goldfish crackers embedded in the rear seat, to be sure.) So, I hear you!  I save my money to travel!

• Like 2