New APP or Old APP

annmarz

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

The new app isn't out yet 

Until then, "old" app works fine. (For most people).

Plus, based on Princess IT capabilities the new App may still not be released by April.🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

41 minutes ago, skynight said:

Use whatever is available now. It may take a few weeks or a year for the 2.0 version to be released, and I expect it will be full of bugs. There is a web version that works fairly well.

I should volunteer to be a tester for a free cruise.  😆 

I guess I really would t be a volunteer if I ask for something in return.  But hey, I’d take that job!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have no reason to download.  Waiting for CC gurus to analyze and evaluate.

Can you imagine what the first reports will be like here regarding new Princess software?🤣

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the original tread on medallion had to be split in 2 or 3 because it was so long with all the problems?🤣

2 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Can you imagine what the first reports will be like here regarding new Princess software?🤣

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the original tread on medallion had to be split in 2 or 3 because it was so long with all the problems?🤣

That original thread is on Part 4.  I wonder if CC members/moderators will use Part 4, or start Part 5.  

Waiting for all the reviews. 

10 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I heard it's been moved to February (for a non-joke answer)

In November, they announce it will be released in early december ... more-or-less in a month...

If it's really February, that's ... more-or-less ... in three months...

THAT is some amazing project management.

The only thing that is suprising about this ... I thought they dumped Accenture.

P.S. those of you who still have Accenture Medallion lanyards should hold on to them.

They might be worth a lot on eBay, someday...

20 hours ago, skynight said:

Use whatever is available now. It may take a few weeks or a year for the 2.0 version to be released, and I expect it will be full of bugs. There is a web version that works fairly well.

RE: a web version that works fairly well--- are you referring to the Princess Web Site? 

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

In November, they announce it will be released in early december ... more-or-less in a month...

If it's really February, that's ... more-or-less ... in three months...

THAT is some amazing project management.

The only thing that is suprising about this ... I thought they dumped Accenture.

I used to work for a contract shop (never again) and they would wait until the last minute to tell the client we were going to slip a deadline. 

Do we know for sure who is developing the new app?

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I used to work for a contract shop (never again) and they would wait until the last minute to tell the client we were going to slip a deadline. 

Do we know for sure who is developing the new app?

If it is still Accenture there may be a very long wait. They used to do some work for a group I worked in and we learned the their deadlines were almost always a guesstimate