Surcharges for drinks in Retreat Lounge

TrueCruiseaholic

6 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

I agree with what you and the math say except I question whether they understand what they are doing.  I think they all belong to the "Let's throw stuff up on the wall and see what sticks" management club.

They need some (diversity) Seniors in managment that can tell then, "No, thats not how this works"  but look at the composition of managment-young. Not much mentoring going on.

They can raise  prices and get away with it as long as the  service and quality  of product levels do not decline. Customers like us will say, so what, the prices are higher and we can afford it, not thrilled to pay more,  but we walk away happy campers so where is the problem? Its when we are no longer happy campers with the product provided.

And management does not care or is not aware. Both attributes deadly for a business.

True.  Part of the problem is that in certain venues you cannot find a drinkable wine even with an upcharge.  So therefore you must go to Cellar Masters or other venues and shuttle your wine or choose a non wine drink.  We are 99% wine drinkers but found ourselves ordering martinis more than we would...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 3

I wrote to LBH yesterday afternoon about the changes in the Retreat as well as the beverage packages. I just received a call from the “Executive Office” (on a Sunday!). The rep said that LBH is listening to all of the concerns she is receiving.  The rep also related that, “You can expect to see some changes by the end of the month. Some things are coming back.”  Time will tell.  If you haven’t already written to LBH, now would be an excellent time to share your thoughts with her.   lhodgesbethge@celebrity.com

Edited by 81Zoomie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I wrote to LBH yesterday afternoon about the changes in the Retreat as well as the beverage packages. I just received a call from the “Executive Office” (on a Sunday!). The rep said that LBH is listening to all of the concerns she is receiving.  The rep also related that, “You can expect to see some changes by the end of the month. Some things are coming back.”  Time will tell.  If you haven’t already written to LBH, now would be an excellent time to share your thoughts with her.   lhodgesbethge@celebrity.com

That was the reply in December also.  End of month was Dec. 31.  Maybe they'll have "end of month" reply every month.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, kabmab said:

That was the reply in December also.  End of month was Dec. 31.  Maybe they'll have "end of month" reply every month.

They could at a minimum reset to where they were a few months ago.  How about considering:

Return of Butler in Suites

Drink prices reverted to before latest hike

Drink menus reverted to before last change

All included pricing that is really all included

”Some changes” to me means Celebrity will make one or two insignificant modifications and act like they are listening. 

A major reversal would take bookings to drop significantly, especially in the higher priced rooms. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Midsomer Madness said:

Terry

its seems the wines are very much geared towards Australian passengers looking at that list…

I don’t drink wine, apart from the fizzy variety, John does but I’m sure he will find something he likes…we tend to drink gin! Please tell me Bombay Sapphire is available?

Totally off subject we received an email from The Retreat asking us for any preferences for when we join you onboard and it says boarding will be from 1.15pm, they don’t state why though

Amanda

Yes Bombay is available in Retreat and other bars, along with several other premium labels.

I have no idea why the late boarding for our next cruise. We were onboard by 11:30 for our current cruise, maybe we are getting in later than expected to Sydney.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Yes to both but I'm too frugal. I guess old habits are hard to break. 😆 

Well I am value oriented. And note, that even inside cabins are costly now. I see where an inisde daily rate on a cruise we woud like is 50% more than I paid for Aqua 4 years ago, computed an a daily cost basis and we know ther is also shrinkflation, in that pound for pound we are getting  less now regardess of the level of cabin.

I used to be frustrated over the shoreside service on many levels. Part of that goes away via using an agent, but its stil there. But I used to shrugg that aside because the cruise itself was so good. ummm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Haslinger was the only drinkable wine I could find in the PBP prices.  It was available at the Sunset Bar until they ran out...

Also let me add that the Sunset Bar had plenty of other upcharge Champagnes on the menu.  We tried them all.  The other bars were difficult to find Champagne.  We gave up and had Champagne at Sunset...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Also let me add that the Sunset Bar had plenty of other upcharge Champagnes on the menu.  We tried them all.  The other bars were difficult to find Champagne.  We gave up and had Champagne at Sunset...

Thats true of my reisilng wine--the only apparent $17 reisling, is found in Murano--not found in MDR or any of the bars that I have seen so far. That obviously makes it difficult for an owner of the premium package to use it on the premium reisling.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Thats true of my reisilng wine--the only apparent $17 reisling, is found in Murano--not found in MDR or any of the bars that I have seen so far. That obviously makes it difficult for an owner of the premium package to use it on the premium reisling.

Ate once at Murano and was shocked they didn’t have any French white wines by the glass ….until I complained a bit and she found the Steel. How can you be a French restaurant and not have a selection of appropriate wines ?!?

Edited by Rmoosh
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, richczarnecki said:

Onboard Ascent now. Retreat lounge menu has changed and now includes Decoy. 

IMG_5409.jpeg

IMG_5410.jpeg

From this it looks like they took the $19 wines and added them back.  The pricing on the other wines look like they were dropped by $2.  Whispering Angel is also included.

What is the availability?

Did they drop all of the wine prices by $2.  What about menus in the rest of the ship?

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Thanks for the tip on where to find Champagne.  

I voiced my concerns to the Exec Office via email today at 1230.  I got a call from them at 2:45 pm.  Sure it was mostly a script but I think that’s impressive.  She said as others have reported.  Our concerns have been heard and changes are coming.   I’ll see in February on the Silhouette.  

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

From this it looks like they took the $19 wines and added them back.  The pricing on the other wines look like they were dropped by $2.  Whispering Angel is also included.

Did they drop all of the wine prices by $2.  What about menus in the rest of the ship?

Just pulled up Ascent in the app. Today is Day 1 of their new sailing, and a quick look shows the $19 wines (that I recognized and found) are now $17 (again). Including the infamous Decoy. Looked at Equinox and it still shows the $19 pricing but they're also mid-cruise. They "might" have reverted the pricing there as well, but I'm assuming they'll roll them back on Thursday on the next sailing.

Of course, you can win all the battles and still not "win" if you don't have a unified, coherent strategy (talking Celebrity and RCG, not CC!).

Edited by markeb

If I'm reading this menu correctly it looks like La Crema chardonnay is included. I see no dollar charge. That is strange as La Crema used to be an upcharge. Sure hope this new list is on EQ next week and the week after. 

Maybe LBH put down her glass of wine long enough to realize how much ill will this $2.40 upcharge was generating, especially in the Retreat.

I hope this new menu makes it to the other ships quickly.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Midsomer Madness said:

Totally off subject we received an email from The Retreat asking us for any preferences for when we join you onboard and it says boarding will be from 1.15pm, they don’t state why though

Amanda

Maybe :

1 -  less cabin attendants take longer to turn a large number of room over between cruises. On our last cruise, our suite was not finished until after dinner in the evening. At the end of the cruise we were asked to have bags out by 8pm (earlier than the official 10pm) as the "retreat host" had to take all the bags to the off loading zone by himself. Everyone had to vacate their rooms by 7.30am.

2 - perhaps they want to cut the embarkation day lunches.

6 hours ago, richczarnecki said:

Onboard Ascent now. Retreat lounge menu has changed and now includes Decoy. 

IMG_5409.jpeg

IMG_5410.jpeg

That’s not bad Caymus for 18 and no extra for Decoy . I drink liquor except for dining.

• Like 1

Someone on MSc yacht club posted a wine she ordered , I didn’t recognize it but it sold in total wine for 20 which was a tiny bit more than decoy which when it’s on sale I get it for about 15 at my local supermarket. 

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Wonder what happened to the Pinot Noirs that were moved out of the premium package ( cherry pie & cherry tart) and the Red Condundrum.  
I guess most letters mentioned Decoy so they  “fixed the problem”  ( not) by moving Decoy back.

The Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir sells for $7.99 at Total Wine and borders on undrinkable. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Maybe :

1 -  less cabin attendants take longer to turn a large number of room over between cruises. On our last cruise, our suite was not finished until after dinner in the evening. At the end of the cruise we were asked to have bags out by 8pm (earlier than the official 10pm) as the "retreat host" had to take all the bags to the off loading zone by himself. Everyone had to vacate their rooms by 7.30am.

2 - perhaps they want to cut the embarkation day lunches.

Someone on board currently has said their departure time has changed to later and when I now go on the app and click on where it currently shows the time for our wellness check as 11am it takes me to a new page which asks me to pick a new, later, time..there is obviously a reason for it, we will arrive at the new time as requested.

sorry for going “off topic”

• Like 2