Booked a Massage on Apex: Spa Qs

Tina99

Please excuse my naivety. I don’t treat myself to a luxurious spa experience very often, and never have while on a Celebrity cruise. I booked a 75-min massage and I’m wondering if I am entitled to enjoy the spa access in any other way since I’ve paid for my entry. How early May I arrive prior to my appt, and is there a spa experience I could indulge in while waiting for my appt time?  Please share your tips. Thank you. 

No.  it does not include thermal suite access .If it is set up like EDGE and BEYOND, . once you check in there is a small  waiting area near the front desk.The therapist comes to meet you there.

. You have paid for a specific service..not thermal suite entry..  Entry would require purchase of a pass unless you are sailing in AQ Class.

Arrive 10  min ahead to check in and sign forms.  On other ships.( S Class) .you can wait in the Relaxation Rm but not E Class..

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

I only book facials but have never had access to the other areas.  Be aware the sales pitch can be intense.  I just tell them  up front that I do not want to purchase any products.

You are smarter than me !!!

Holy cow, I've written many times about the Free 5 minute massage that cost me $357 by the time she let me go ---- smelling like a peach, looking 20 yrs younger (??) and a bag of smelling " stuff ".

So, when " you know who " found out------- 

You should show up 10-15 minutes early. They usually have paperwork for you to fill out. You can then sit in a relaxation room until your procedure, but as mentioned, you won't have access to any additional spa areas. I've never experienced a bad sales pitch. When they first start, I tell them I'm not interested in purchasing product and they usually respect that. 

Also be aware an 18 or 20% gratuity is automatically added onto the bill. You can add extra if you feel the service warrants it. Also, a 75-minute massage is more like 60 minutes in my experience because they will leave you alone a bit longer than necessary while you dress/undress in the room.

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I've never experienced a bad sales pitch.

So, you've always received a good sales pitch " ??

Definition of a good sales pitch:

You took advantage of " For this cruise only " discount and spent $$$ to smell good and look 20 yrs younger ?

Definition of a bad sales pitch:

A Sales Pitch where the Spa Attendant can't convince the client that his/ her back is etc, leg muscles feel etc, will look 20 years younger and is being offered a " For this cruise only discount " .

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

You should show up 10-15 minutes early. They usually have paperwork for you to fill out. You can then sit in a relaxation room until your procedure, but as mentioned, you won't have access to any additional spa areas. I've never experienced a bad sales pitch. When they first start, I tell them I'm not interested in purchasing product and they usually respect that. 

Relaxation room..only for waiting on S Class...On E Class...its a lobby type area by the front desk.  No fruited water or loungers there.

I do not buy any products anymore b/c it involves the extra svc charge. 

Products are cheaper online often with free shipping and a few samples thrown in..

I let them know before the spiel starts..

One suggestion no one has mentioned, make sure you have shower before AND AFTER your treatment. Before so you're nice and clean for you therapist and after to remove the massage oils. Drink LOTS of water after your massage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

One suggestion no one has mentioned, make sure you have shower before AND AFTER your treatment. Before so you're nice and clean for you therapist and after to remove the massage oils. Drink LOTS of water after your massage. 

LOl--the treatments I get leave me smelling like a flower garden and feeling silky. Not gonna wash that away...

16 hours ago, Pinboy said:

So, you've always received a good sales pitch " ??

Definition of a good sales pitch:

You took advantage of " For this cruise only " discount and spent $$$ to smell good and look 20 yrs younger ?

Definition of a bad sales pitch:

A Sales Pitch where the Spa Attendant can't convince the client that his/ her back is etc, leg muscles feel etc, will look 20 years younger and is being offered a " For this cruise only discount " .

A good sales pitch offers products that you may be interested in and ends when requested. A bad sales pitch does not. 

20 hours ago, sanger727 said:

. They usually have paperwork for you to fill out. , I tell them I'm not interested in purchasing product and they usually respect that. 

@Tina99 Here's where you avoid the sales pitch. Resist the urge to check off that you have insomnia, sore muscles and headaches (who over 40 doesn't 😁?). They analyze your concerns and then offer a product or service to alleviate it. Leave the complaint section of the questionnaire blank.   

• Like 2

Just now, EatonDoolittle said:

@Tina99 Here's where you avoid the sales pitch. Resist the urge to check off that you have insomnia, sore muscles and headaches (who over 40 doesn't 😁?). They analyze your concerns and then offer a product or service to alleviate it. Leave the complaint section of the questionnaire blank.   

I don't have a problem with the sales pitches. I tell them right away that I'm not interested and they stop.

I do not check off any areas of concern nor list any medications. That would be inviting a sales pitch. I simply say I'm not interested in buying any products. BTW is there no access to showers and sauna on E class ships?  I love the giant walk in showers in S class spas

Edited by 39august

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I don't have a problem with the sales pitches. I tell them right away that I'm not interested and they stop.

(A Compliment )--- YOU must be very convincing or the Attendant was ready for a break ,was toooo tired ,tooo new, or forgot the " routine ":

Give 'em the Free 5 minute massage in 3 minutes.

Within 1.5 minutes ask 'em ---" Are YOU aware that your X and Y are sooo etc etc ? When was the last time you had them adjusted " ? 

Now---- Whisper--  " I can help you with it -- and bye the way " For this cruise only, we have a Special 90 minute package which includes, etc etc "

Now , we're on---- at the 16 minute mark out comes the nice smelling stuff--- put lots on --- make the " subject " smell like a peach---

At the etc etc mark---- show some other products and make sure to--- " With this, I will include, at no extra cost etc etc -- trust me, everyone that etc, etc  loved it "

By the time you reach the 65 minute of the presentation, the " subject " will want to get the hell out of there ----$357 for the Free 5 minute massage.

If anyone from the Persian Garden Spa sees this---- How'd I do so far ???

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

(A Compliment )--- YOU must be very convincing or the Attendant was ready for a break

I actually don't have this problem anywhere. There are tons of various situations where people complain about constantly being harassed or sales pitches. I rarely get them. I credit it to the fact that i have resting B___ face. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I do not check off any areas of concern nor list any medications. That would be inviting a sales pitch. I simply say I'm not interested in buying any products. BTW is there no access to showers and sauna on E class ships?  I love the giant walk in showers in S class spas

You can use the spa locker room to shower before and after your treatment but there's no free sauna or steam room in the spa locker rooms on any E-Class Ship. 

3 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I credit it to the fact that i have resting B___ face. 

LOL-- You must be very popular at your golf club, tennis club, yacht club, hockey team , Bingo parlor, and knitting group ??

Too bad you didn't " coach " me before I accepted, er, got " sucked -in " for that FREE 5 minute massage !!! Holy S--t  --- $357 to smell like a peach and leave with a bag of etc etc !!!

At least I didn't get screwed with the last car I bought (2006) --- my Salesman, oops, Salesperson laughed at every joke , got the Manager to accept my " final offer " , and told me " I don't know how HE accepted that--- YOU got some deal " !! 

They were really nice and offered ( sold ) me a top coat finish with a 20 yr warranty , a 6 month parts and labor warranty and gave me a $ 20 coupon for Tim Hortons ( Coffee shop )---- $1283.

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

(A Compliment )--- YOU must be very convincing or the Attendant was ready for a break ,was toooo tired ,tooo new, or forgot the " routine ":

Give 'em the Free 5 minute massage in 3 minutes.

Within 1.5 minutes ask 'em ---" Are YOU aware that your X and Y are sooo etc etc ? When was the last time you had them adjusted " ? 

Now---- Whisper--  " I can help you with it -- and bye the way " For this cruise only, we have a Special 90 minute package which includes, etc etc "

Now , we're on---- at the 16 minute mark out comes the nice smelling stuff--- put lots on --- make the " subject " smell like a peach---

At the etc etc mark---- show some other products and make sure to--- " With this, I will include, at no extra cost etc etc -- trust me, everyone that etc, etc  loved it "

By the time you reach the 65 minute of the presentation, the " subject " will want to get the hell out of there ----$357 for the Free 5 minute massage.

If anyone from the Persian Garden Spa sees this---- How'd I do so far ???

never had a problem saying no thank you...and telling them I have ALL the products already at an online discount..with free ship and free samples..

I used to add an extra tip but  not since they raised the mandated grat ..  They add that to any pr9dict purchased as well....no idea why?? so I stopped buying.

they have ok prices in the Cosmetic/ perfume store, and are helpful!

Edited by hcat

As far as I know, all the products in the spa have the additional 20% added. (The retail shops do not, of course.) one of my biggest eye-opening experiences was when I got some Botox on a cruise, and the ‘spa doctor’ added an additional 20%. Never heard of a gratuity on a service offered by a MEDICAL provider.