The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday, December 26th, 2023

kazu

We are having a good last sea day. Suzi went to see A City on the Sea and said it was excellent.  Weather is ideal, 81 degrees and mostly sunny. 🌞 

Lunch was my usual two tacos, Suzi had egg salad. I know, we eat exciting stuff. 😋 

The best part was dessert. They finally had the cake festival today and we had the same as last month - chocolate cake with fudge icing. Excellent cake that tasted very fresh and homemade.  

We have spent most of the day talking with peeps we have met this cruise.  Always bitter sweet knowing we will probably never talk or see them again.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Here is what my mom's chicken and dumplings looked like.  And, this one looks to be a bit more tasty as well.  https://thecozycook.com/chicken-and-dumplings/

chickenanddumplings4.jpg.fa190d9200674bc3285ef813d317ec8b.jpg

I just ate around the carrots.

@StLouisCruisers Great pictures of the family and the fur babies.  Safe travels tomorrow.  

@smitty34877 Glad you are stubborn!   It paid off!  Great looking family.

@Cruzin Terri  I'm sorry you are having such difficulties.  I hope you can see the rheumatologist sooner as well.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

I did not get radiation today.  The appointment was to set up the radiation which will mostly occur about January 8-19.  I was loaded in a scanner where they did some CT images of my anatomy to better locate the spots, and a mold was made of my legs and chest so I can be placed on the exact spot on the radiation machine.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 15

23 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I did not get radiation today.  The appointment was to set up the radiation which will mostly occur about January 8-19.  I was loaded in a scanner where they did some CT images of my anatomy to better locate the spots, and a mold was made of my legs and chest so I can be placed on the exact spot on the radiation machine.

Roy

Thanks for the update.

Prayers and positive thoughts the radiation does its job.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good afternoon,

Today is our last day in Ohio and we leave in the morning early for home.  For Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser the dates for tomorrow's port of the day's prior postings are October 2, 2021 and May 24, 2022.  The fastest way to find the links are to look at the top of the HAL page right above the first sticky note.  It should say page 1 of 5065.  Click on the dropdown arrow and put the page number you want to start looking for your dates.  In this case today October 2, 2021 should be on page 394 or thereabouts.  The number changes as more topics are started each day.  You can find May 24, 2022 on or about page 296.  Hope this helps cut some time in your searching.  If you'd like to post my photos tomorrow the best place would be on the May 24, 2022 and it is post #16.  The first date I had more than one post and the second date is a combination of them all.  Thank you for your help since we won't get home until mid to late afternoon after the FUN of suburban and downtown Atlanta traffic!  A real good mood killer.

We went out to lunch today with our DD and DGDs, plus the fiance of our eldest DGD Ashley.  We enjoyed chatting and some good Chick-fil-A chicken as well.  Here's a photo taken outside of us with the girls after lunch.  I told the girls they should stand up straight, tall and proud even while taking photos with us shrimps.  I guess they don't want us to feel bad!  LOL

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

From yesterday here's a photo of DGD Morgan with Milo.  Morgan was the one robbed at gunpoint Saturday morning in Tampa, poor baby. 

And not to leave out Sadie here are Sadie and Milo crowding onto DSIL's lap yesterday.  Sadie's napping so I can't take another photo of her right now.

Lovely family photos Sandi.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Happy Boxing Day, it's a day of rest for me!  We had a busy 2 days, 18 people at our house yesterday!  I'm working on our PJ pictures, may have to share tomorrow!  @dfishthat last recipe looks good, might try that!  @rafinmdprayers that your treatments are easy and solve the problem.  @grapau27your table and food look lovely, as usual! 

All of the travel pictures look very nice today, for sharing.  

We've had some record warm temps here, but the weather peeps are saying it's going to get colder.  Still no snow.  

Hugs to all that need them and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a good evening.  Karen

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  It was a quiet morning.  We watched a movie and just relaxed.  This afternoon was a quick trip into the PO to pick up mail, but I had to wait in line for one package.   When we got home, I found a letter from the Texas Dept. of Motor Vehicles saying the paperwork to transfer the title of the old motorhome was not complete.  The person at the dealership had left the date of the transfer blank, and none of us caught it.  It was easy to put the date in, but then it requited another trip to the PO to get it in the mail.  

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from another rainy day in the LowCountry of South Carolina.

Thank you to Jacqui @kazu for taking over for Rich.  

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the cares and celebrations lists.  I hope you are feeling even a bit better and that you had a good time with your BFF.

Thank you to our F&B ladies.   I will pass on the food and drink today.  We have leftovers from our Fresh Market dinner and that is what we will enjoy again today.

While my throat is a bit better, the PMR flare-up is getting worse.  I needed help to get out of bed this morning since my arms would not let me push myself up.  I am doing everything I am supposed to do, taking my meds, etc.  Nothing seems to be working.  I have to message the Doc today.  I know that he will tell me to up the dosage, but I need to hear it from him.  

I am hoping that I get an earlier appointment with the Rheumatologist.

I am not sure about the quote.

@StLouisCruisers thank you for the photos of Cartagena.  They are very close to the photos I have.  We must have been on a similar tour.

Roy @rafinmd i hope that your treatment today takes care of the problem and it is one and done.  Prayers for you.

Prayers for all on the cares list.

A shoutout to all celebrating and preparing to cruise.

And for those presently cruising, enjoy every minute.

Have a good day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad your throat is feeling better, but I'm sorry about the PMR flare.  I hope you can get an earlier appointment with the Rheumatologist.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily.

Happy Kwanza to those celebrating. My only boxing today is shipping an item I sold on ebay. I am glad to be a homeowner, although often there's a lot to maintain. Strange quote. I've never been in Cracker Barrel, but the meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I have been to Cartagena on my PC cruise. 

It's warm and cloudy today, in the 50's. I had a nice dinner and evening with BFF yesterday. We'll just relax today, maybe watch a movie. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Lots of pain this morning, as is usual in the AM upon getting up. I need to call PT about restarting, as I can tell I'm losing strength; unfortunately I can't due much due to the pain with standing.

@StLouisCruisers It sounds like you had a great time with family. Safe travels tomorrow. Great photos from Cartagena. 

@grapau27 Thanks for the information. Pauline's table and meal yesterday looked spectacular. And a lovely English breakfast this morning.

@rafinmd Roy, prayers that the radiation takes care of everything.

@cat shepard Safe trip home.

@Nickelpenny Nice photos.

@seagarsmoker Enjoy your last full day on the ship.

@kazu Thanks for our start today. Sorry to hear about damage to your shed. The dinner with friends sounds lovely. 

@cruising sister That sounds like progress for Murphy. Bless you for being with your friend.

@HAL Sailer Thinking of you and DH.

@RMLincoln So sorry DH is having so many issues with the eye meds. I wonder if steroid drops would help any? When can he get in to see someone?

@dfish So nice that River will spend some time with you and also Celebrate Christmas.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

I couldn't go far from the ship, unfortunately, as my knee didn't permit walking much that day.

The Castle of San Luis de Bocachica, a military fortress that defended Cartagena.

1528514555_004-11_15.19CastilloSanFernandodeBocachicaIsladeTierraBombaColombia.thumb.jpg.623d01f78f7a68ebe6481264b82209e9.jpg

Entering the Bay of Cartagena

1562705726_007-11_15.19EnteringtheBayofCartegenaColombia.thumb.jpg.08d1a8de9e1ce205226d91192f9fed38.jpg

Park by the dock with animals and performers

1465952775_029-11_15.19ParrotsParkCartegenaCartegena.thumb.jpg.3ca7c2e47ad6bdacf7d672d241433536.jpg

760860875_030-11_15.19PerformersParkCartegenaCartegena.thumb.jpg.5c5f2ed64d44c8f418d23a05af181892.jpg

Sunset

616347070_032-11_15.19CartegenasunsetCartegena.thumb.jpg.bb095f289608f028aabf14c718a7df20.jpg

Vanessa, I'm glad your Christmas with your BFF is going well, and that you are sleeping a bit more.

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Interesting Homeowners Day… this morning we just finished signing the docs for the closing to sell our Maryland condo. So our end is signed as the sellers; the notary who came to our apartment will FedEx our docs to the closing lawyers, buyers will sign Friday. So we will not be homeowners any longer. End of an era!  

DH was better yesterday, so I was better also. Today not so good, so we will try a new cream antihistamine around the eyes on the face. It stings as it’s absorbed but I hope it will help. 

Yesterday was bright, blue sky, sunny!  Today is heavy, gray, our region wrapped in a blanket!  But not cold or raining, yet… the rest of the week should be wet. But not snow!  We’ll take it as it comes. 

@kochleffel we’re all eager to hear your results too!  We’re in your side!  

@rafinmd Roy, DH had radiation treatment in 2020, 39 treatments, he might need more someday as his numbers go up each year.  The machines now are quite amazing in how they can constantly refocus and maintain within the margins as they rotate around you without, or with minimal exposure to healthy tissue. You’ve come a long way and you will manage this new turn. We hope for a successful path forward!  

When we moved from NM friends gave us gift cards. We had two from Cracker Barrel. Someone suggested the chicken and dumplings as their favorite. I was so disappointed!  To me dumplings were big, round, fluffy, flavorful, soft biscuits like Annie @marshhawk described. I need that kind!  

Yesterday’s dinner special option at our community was prime rib but it wasn’t up to what we expected. Oh well, it was still a pleasant setting.

I was happy to be able to connect by phone with my siblings and stepsons, very special!  Baby David is doing great! One week old!  Mom is healing, and my sister is just absolutely thrilled!  

@ottahand7 Nancy, we stayed up for the whole Ravens game!  Happy for them, and you!  

Thank you @kazu, and @JazzyV for our thread and lists, and all of you for being here!  Happy Boxing Day! I certainly have a LOT of boxes around me still from the move! 😆

Blessings to all in need of comfort, healing or hope!  Peace and an end to the suffering in war zones. Hugs to those who need an extra today! Smooth travels to all away!  

Maureen 

Maureen, I happy all the paperwork for the sale of the condo on your end is finished.  I hope you DH can be more comfortable with the new cream.

5 hours ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

I'm not a naval person, but I recently read an article on the difficulties the US was having with their Littoral Combat Ships. If you look closely, you can make out the number 4 on it's bow, which indicates it is likely the Independence-class USS Coronado. The USS Coronado was commissioned in 2014 and decommissioned in 2022. 

Thank you for the information.  

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good afternoon,

Today is our last day in Ohio and we leave in the morning early for home.  For Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser the dates for tomorrow's port of the day's prior postings are October 2, 2021 and May 24, 2022.  The fastest way to find the links are to look at the top of the HAL page right above the first sticky note.  It should say page 1 of 5065.  Click on the dropdown arrow and put the page number you want to start looking for your dates.  In this case today October 2, 2021 should be on page 394 or thereabouts.  The number changes as more topics are started each day.  You can find May 24, 2022 on or about page 296.  Hope this helps cut some time in your searching.  If you'd like to post my photos tomorrow the best place would be on the May 24, 2022 and it is post #16.  The first date I had more than one post and the second date is a combination of them all.  Thank you for your help since we won't get home until mid to late afternoon after the FUN of suburban and downtown Atlanta traffic!  A real good mood killer.

We went out to lunch today with our DD and DGDs, plus the fiance of our eldest DGD Ashley.  We enjoyed chatting and some good Chick-fil-A chicken as well.  Here's a photo taken outside of us with the girls after lunch.  I told the girls they should stand up straight, tall and proud even while taking photos with us shrimps.  I guess they don't want us to feel bad!  LOL

From yesterday here's a photo of DGD Morgan with Milo.  Morgan was the one robbed at gunpoint Saturday morning in Tampa, poor baby. 

And not to leave out Sadie here are Sadie and Milo crowding onto DSIL's lap yesterday.  Sadie's napping so I can't take another photo of her right now.

Sandi, thanks for the wonderful pictures of your family, including the fur babies.  And thanks for the help in finding the links.  Sunday was the first time I'd run into a problem finding prior posts.  Between you and Roy, I think I'll be able to find them.  Safe travels tomorrow, and I'll look for your pictures too.  I just did a test trial, and found the 5/24/22 Daily without any trouble.  I doubt I'll have any trouble in the morning.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, thanks for the update.  I hope the radiation treatments will slow the cancer and reduce the tumors in the hot spots.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am stubborn

IMG_0563.jpeg

Terry, I'm glad you are home safely.  Thanks for persisting and sharing the photo of your good looking family.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Here is what my mom's chicken and dumplings looked like.  And, this one looks to be a bit more tasty as well.  https://thecozycook.com/chicken-and-dumplings/

chickenanddumplings4.jpg.fa190d9200674bc3285ef813d317ec8b.jpg

I just ate around the carrots.

@StLouisCruisers Great pictures of the family and the fur babies.  Safe travels tomorrow.  

@smitty34877 Glad you are stubborn!   It paid off!  Great looking family.

@Cruzin Terri  I'm sorry you are having such difficulties.  I hope you can see the rheumatologist sooner as well.  

Debbie, there is a big difference in southern chicken and dumplings and northern chicken and dumplings.  The dumplings I make are rolled out like a pie crust, cut into strips and then smaller pieces and cooked in the broth.  The color is more or less monochrome, but not gray looking.  And, yes, it's a messy process.  I even managed to make a mess last night making the white sauce for the scalloped potatoes.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

I went with my BIL, his wife, his son and daughter- in- law for Christmas Dinner at a very good Chinese Restaurant. Turned down an invite from his daughter as there were at least 30 others and I didn't feel up to being with the large group. A nice relaxing day.

Celebrating Homeowners Day today by doing laundry and discovered that the appliance gremlin has come to visit me. Drier turned off and on manually but got much hottter than it should and the timers didn't work. Appliance repairman scheduled for Thursday and I will have the washer checked out also even though I haven't had any problems with it. Both appliances are Kenmore purchased from Sears in 2016 so long out of warrantee.

I usually like Crackerbarrel but I agree with others that today's meal does not look appetizing; same for the drink and wine.

I have been to Cartagena several time and the part I liked the best is the aviary. The photos bring back fond memories.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 19

Good evening and Happy Boxing Day.

If anyone is interested, the Smithsonian channel is showing Nieuw Statendam at 10:00 tonight.

I like Cracker Barrel meatloaf and the hash brown casserole.

I think I had a delayed reaction to the Botox as one of the side effects is nausea and headache. My Christmas dinner was a cup of jello. I just had some roasted chicken and I feel much better. I never had a problem before. 
Needless to say it was not a good day.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Boxing Day to all.   In Canada it’s comparable to Black Friday sales.  We chose not to participate again this year.  Happy Kwanzaa to those who celebrate, and there are pluses and minuses to being a homeowner. 

To start with, a huge thank you to everyone for your lovely birthday wishes yesterday.  It was so nice to be recognized in that way, even though it signalled another year has been added to my age. 

Yesterday was a busy one from morning till night.  The boys let the adults sleep until 8, but then they literally hit the floor running.  I made cinnamon pull-aparts that baked while the flurry of gift unwrapping took place for us to have with coffee and eggnog for breakfast.  After that it was time to make the 2 stuffings (one for the oven and one for the bird), and to get the turkey and ham into the oven.  We had a lovely (if I say so myself) dinner, followed by a 10” tall birthday cake that was truly amazing.  The buttercream icing was light and not overly sweet which complimented the confetti cake inside.  I had some help blowing out the candles.  
IMG_5590.thumb.jpeg.296ab4ac21367d8de62d2e3755a45530.jpeg

They didn’t put the appropriate number of them on the cake, as they didn’t want to risk a visit from the fire department!

Today is a relaxing day just lounging about, with 4 of the 6 of us appearing to be getting colds.  Oh yay.   I’ll take a pass on all 3 offerings today, and I know we’ll be enjoying leftovers from yesterday at the big kitchen table tonight. And wine.

Prayers for all who need them, even if they don’t think they do.  Cheers to everyone with celebrations. 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 24

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good for you Terry!  Love the PJ's and wonder where the puppy's pajamas are??  Elf!!

I am glad to seethe puppy NOT in pj’s 😂. Puppy is gorgeous all on it’s own ♥️ 

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Sorry the radiation didn’t happen, Roy but the procedure makes sense.  It sounds like they are going to try to do the utmost to target what they need to.  I pray it all works when it happens in the New Year 🙏 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Thanks for the update Roy.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, there is a big difference in southern chicken and dumplings and northern chicken and dumplings.  The dumplings I make are rolled out like a pie crust, cut into strips and then smaller pieces and cooked in the broth.  The color is more or less monochrome, but not gray looking.  And, yes, it's a messy process.  I even managed to make a mess last night making the white sauce for the scalloped potatoes.

Well, if it makes a mess, it must be good!

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

@JazzyV Thanks for your good thoughts for DH. Steroids raise the eye pressure so they are not allowed. Not even topical. They do use steroid drops sparingly after surgery to decrease scarring but for only a short time. He had a bad spike last August after surgery with tge pressure going up suddenly from 10 to 33. We called the hotline that night and they explained it was the steroids. I was hoping the Benadryl lotion would help but it stung so bad he washed it off fast. He’s using Benadryl as pills and trying to stay “on top” of it. I’m sure you understand with the need to stay on top of pain meds too.
Enjoy your time with your friend, accept being pampered!  You deserve it!  And many thanks for all you do for us!  
m—

• Like 14

Good Evening Everyone!

It is nice to read about everyone's activities and fun things they did with family the past few days.  We had 3 of our 4 kids, their children and my Mom over for Christmas Brunch.  My brother surprised us and came by and stayed quite a while.  It was nice that he decided to come (always an open invitation, his daughter was sleeping..... she is a nurse working nights in the emergency department I retired from!). While we were all together our son called and face timed with his family and the cousins.  Technology is great for getting to see everyone!

We ate a lot of good food and I sent left overs home with everyone.  No cooking for me today!

The Chicken & Dumplings sound good, I haven't made them in a long time, but with this cold weather I will add them to the menu for sometime next month!

Love the pictures from Cartagena, it was on  an itinerary we were hoping to sail (postponed when Dad was failing) we still have plans to go on a Panama Canal cruise and will stop there, just need to sit down and schedule it.

I am working on some paperwork for turning over a volunteer secretary position for a group I belong to.  I have been in the position for 25 years, it is time for the young ones to step up.  It has been fun, but it does tie me up for meetings and such.  I want to free up my schedule now that I don't work regularly, so we can do more travel.  I will still be involved in the group but someone else can do the admin side of it!

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 2024

Denise

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

MerryChristmassignalflags.thumb.jpg.39f08b1f939794b82b7d542ced38e1c7.jpg

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Good morning.

It is 42°F and the rain is pouring down here in North East England at 07.45am.

Screenshot_20231227_074247.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2