New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, nazpaz said:

So, if you already have your medallions you are ready for the green lane no matter what the new app says. provided you provide your cc for Shoreside Transactions in the App

If you have already booked a cruise you can use the old app or the web page to order medallions no matter what the new app says. correct

If you haven't booked a cruise you can't order a medallion on the old or new app or the web. why would you order your medallion if you have no cruise booked  Doesn’t make sense. 

Is that about right?

Comments in red above

Edited by DHP1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Okay, so you just go to the blue lane. NP

Would like to see various blue lanes depending on your loyalty tiers. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Would like to see various blue lanes depending on your loyalty tiers. 

I like to see Princess fix the app! All this other nonsense would go away.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I also keep getting session timed out.  It doesn't matter whether I sign in by email or by booking number.  Same thing happens.   I can't do anything on the new app because of this.

3 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

I also keep getting session timed out.  It doesn't matter whether I sign in by email or by booking number.  Same thing happens.   I can't do anything on the new app because of this.

Do you have the new update?

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Comments in red above

If a guest has Medallions, go Green Lane, regardless of the stupid Shoreside setup.  I previously suggested a way to order Medallions and then drop the Shoreside setup if desired.  Have not seen anyone respond who did the steps proving it works, but I think it will.  The check-in agents won't care about the Shoreside thing.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If a guest has Medallions, go Green Lane, regardless of the stupid Shoreside setup.  I previously suggested a way to order Medallions and then drop the Shoreside setup if desired.  Have not seen anyone respond who did the steps proving it works, but I think it will.  The check-in agents won't care about the Shoreside thing.

We will have to wait and see this Thursday as one member will report back to us on this Shoreside process. I’m surprise no one else has commented on this process who just came back from a cruise. The simplest solution is to make it optional, but they won’t. It’s been in place now over a year and hasn’t been changed. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

My wife and I have downloaded the new app and when we log in it shows my name on both phones and she's shown as an additional passenger. Is that correct, or should she be the named person on her phone? And if it is correct, can she change it so that her name is shown on her phone?

7 minutes ago, Mikey0368 said:

My wife and I have downloaded the new app and when we log in it shows my name on both phones and she's shown as an additional passenger. Is that correct, or should she be the named person on her phone? And if it is correct, can she change it so that her name is shown on her phone?

I believe it’s under My Account. You can change it there. 

Edited by DHP1

When should I see my cruise in the Journey section? We booked last week and not seeing anything yet. Not sure when I can start to book dining reservations as we like to have the same time and waiter every night. Cruise is not until August so I have time. I am also platinum which I believe gives us access to early reservations. TIA!

20 minutes ago, potchak said:

When should I see my cruise in the Journey section? We booked last week and not seeing anything yet. Not sure when I can start to book dining reservations as we like to have the same time and waiter every night. Cruise is not until August so I have time. I am also platinum which I believe gives us access to early reservations. TIA!

As I recall previously at the Elite level (and maybe Platinum?) dining reservations could be made immediately but for others it wasn’t until final payment. 

Downloaded tge new app a few days ago and must admit I quite like the layout.

All my details and info from the old app seems to have transferred across quite seamlessly. Still going to keep the old app on my phone until its no longer usable.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Is my password for the new app the same as logging into princess.com?

Mine is. Same for all three - website, old app, new app.

• Like 1

I am hoping someone can report back on this threat what actually happens at the port if you have not filled in shoreside details. I am not worried about being in blue line as I can't get medallion shipped here, but am worried about post 523 which said that deleting credit card details for shoreside then somehow lost the link between the two shipboard accounts and failed to apply partners OBC to posters account. I would not want the hassle of worrying about this and it hard to see how shoreside account can affect shipside accounts. I can't see how this can happen but would really like feedback from someone who has had this happen (or not)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I am hoping someone can report back on this threat what actually happens at the port if you have not filled in shoreside details. I am not worried about being in blue line as I can't get medallion shipped here, but am worried about post 523 which said that deleting credit card details for shoreside then somehow lost the link between the two shipboard accounts and failed to apply partners OBC to posters account. I would not want the hassle of worrying about this and it hard to see how shoreside account can affect shipside accounts. I can't see how this can happen but would really like feedback from someone who has had this happen (or not)

I’ll find out on Thursday and plan on reporting back then 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I have not traveled Princess since this app has been required so have read this thread thoroughly. Last time I got the medallion at the port.

If I complete the web version, does the information transfer over to the app which I have downloaded.

I do not intend to allow the shoreside credit card business as I seldom buy stuff ashore and if I do, I use cash in Mexico. 

My traveling companions are pressuring me to complete the app but if I end up in the blue line does it really matter. They seem to think it is a fate worse than death not to be in the green line. Port is San Pedro.

Any answers or suggestions. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

If I complete the web version, does the information transfer over to the app which I have downloaded.

Your information doesn't "live" in the app. It's stored in a database and is called forth by the app and/or the web version. And personalizer as well. None of your information is stored in the app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Mine is. Same for all three - website, old app, new app.

Thanks.  For some reason when I downloaded the new app it would not let me sign in with my princess.com password.  Said it was invalid.  I had to login using my booking #.  If I should book another cruise before sailing then I won't be able to see them both.  I have no problem signing into princess.com.

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

Is my password for the new app the same as logging into princess.com?

It's not automatic. You have to set up passwords for each, and of course it's easier oif you have the same one.

This is what I had until I stupidly tried to set up my wife on the App a few days ago. As you have to put in her birthday etc I thought I could use the same email address as mine but with a different password. No. All it did was now replace my password with the one I entered for her. For the last three days I have  tried to change the password back to my old one and I get error messages.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mariemacdonald said:

Cannot see the other cruises in the new App. Any ideas how to get them to come up?

Sign in with the booking number for the cruise you want to see. I hope this gets fixed soon so we can see and select from a list like the old app with out the log out and back in hassle. 

• Like 4

Not a huge deal, but we have done 31 cruises with Princess and somehow we apparently are now first timers "new to Princess" on the new app? 🙄 Not sure it is worth the effort of a chat session to try and fix it before our cruise next week or wait until onboard and see if it changes.