New Princess App available

iamaqt2

15 hours ago, candy4040 said:

I currently have access to both the old and new apps.  Everything was fine until today.  We are on Enchanted B2B2B beginning 2-6.  First leg we have assigned cabin, 2nd a guarantee and 3rd assigned.  Now new app shows our 2-6 cabin in the cabin assigned for the 3rd leg.  Old app is correct.  All our specialty reservations are messed up.  2 for each leg and additional 360 for 2nd leg.  What a mess.  I'm afraid to cancel the incorrect venues in case I can't get into the ones I wanted.  I'll try and get this corrected at guest services.  Tried correcting on chat feature but every time my turn came up and asked me if I still needed help and I replied yes-it restarted and I went to the bottom of the line.

I do like the new app but hope they get the kinks worked out.  

Check your luggage tags and make sure they reflect the correct stateroom number.  🙄

• Like 4

On 1/25/2024 at 3:05 PM, Sea Hag said:

This probably won't help, but it has worked for me with other apps. Try dumping the cache for the app. That gets rid of stored images, which just might help.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I found out how to dump the cache on the Princess app in my iPhone.  Alas, it didn't solve the problem.  I finally decided to clear the cache and delete the app altogether.  Next time I'm aboard, I'll let their tech peeps take a look at it.  

There is probably a Medallion phone number I could call as well, but the CSR really sounded like she knew how to correct the problem.  My cruise is far off.  Maybe they will have some better app updates in the meantime.  I will reload it every few months to see.

• Like 1

My experience:

• Journey doesn't show any of my shore excursions (although they do show under Excursions).
  • Ship Schedule has a handy "Download Port Guide" link for each port, none of which work.
  • The app wants to charge me $10 for medallion delivery, despite my having booked the Plus package. 
  • The whole shoreside thing.  (I used an Amex card with a 4 digit pin.  The app only allows three digits but this got me through.  I'm still going to delete the card later.)

5 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I’m still waiting for the new update before I start using it. To many issues with the current version. 

You possibly could be running out of time as February is quickly approaching. Unless Princess decides to extend the use of the old app. 

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

You possibly could be running out of time as February is quickly approaching. Unless Princess decides to extend the use of the old app. 

My old App says “you may continue using this app until early 2024”.  It has been change from Feb 1st

Edited by DHP1

9 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

My old App says “you may continue using this app until early 2024”.  It has been change from Feb 1st

I remember somewhere in this thread February is mentioned. As far as the exact date, I don't remember and to lazy to search. My old app always said early 2024. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Question regarding Plus package on the New App:

Once onboard, does it show the number of drinks ordered and if so, where ? We never hit 15, but since they sometimes charge me for mine and DHs drink, it wouldn't take as many and since we have sometimes been 'charged' for drinks we didn't order, just like to keep track.

I have both apps, but we are sailing soon and I am not sure how soon Princess will get rid of the old app. On the old app, I know the counter is under packages.....which of course both apps say we don't have....I think it's because we have "Plus 50". Under the old app, it has always figured it out when we got onboard.

Anyone with experience yet?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Question regarding Plus package on the New App:

Once onboard, does it show the number of drinks ordered and if so, where ? We never hit 15, but since they sometimes charge me for mine and DHs drink, it wouldn't take as many and since we have sometimes been 'charged' for drinks we didn't order, just like to keep track.

I have both apps, but we are sailing soon and I am not sure how soon Princess will get rid of the old app. On the old app, I know the counter is under packages.....which of course both apps say we don't have....I think it's because we have "Plus 50". Under the old app, it has always figured it out when we got onboard.

Anyone with experience yet?

Thanks!

I am on the Crown right now and using the old app. Yes the tab for packages shows how many drinks have been applied to my plus package 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am on the Crown right now and using the old app. Yes the tab for packages shows how many drinks have been applied to my plus package 

Do you have the new app?

That's the one I am wondering about...as not sure how much longer they will keep the old app....

12 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Do you have the new app?

That's the one I am wondering about...as not sure how much longer they will keep the old app....

I will not use the new one until I have to. I had both and the new one basically froze and wouldn’t come make so I deleted it until I have to use it   The old app shows all my cruises through 2025

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 10:07 PM, Cruising Forever! said:

I called Princess yesterday, and told them that their app was misidentifying me as GOLD when my membership is RUBY for the next cruise we have booked.  When I did my request for Medallions to be sent, the app recognized my wife's new RUBY status, but still had me as GOLD.  I placed the order anyway, but after thinking about it, I called.

The CSR at Princess took a look at my online page (where I am identified as RUBY) and then at my phone app settings and saw that it was showing me as GOLD.  She went ahead and canceled my Medallion orders, and placed a new order with me as RUBY, and confirmed it all.  She also noted that I have Princess Plus on that cruise, and I therefore shouldn't be charged the $10 delivery fees.  That's something else that the app missed, too,  I guess.  So she got all that corrected.

She said she also changed my status in the app.  But the app still is saying I'm GOLD.  Sigh.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but no joy.  

I guess there's no way for me to confirm the other work she did to correct my Medallion.  Oh well...

There is a way to check. On the app go to the order medallion page. Click "see order history". It should show your first order cancelled and your new order and the colors you're getting. I had to call also and this is how I found out it was now correct.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

There is a way to check. On the app go to the order medallion page. Click "see order history". It should show your first order cancelled and your new order and the colors you're getting. I had to call also and this is how I found out it was now correct.

More detailed directions. Sorry they weren't complete before. Go to check in. Then go to the bottom of the page and click order now. Then click order history. It should show both orders. Click on the current order and it will list who's getting what color medallion. Mine was coming Ruby and it should be platinum. I can see that it is correct now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Do you have the new app?

I am onboard and have the new app and can confirm that it does include the number of drinks (as well as specialty desserts) you have used each day.  Access your Profile and then it’s under Onboard Packages.  HTH!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

More detailed directions. Sorry they weren't complete before. Go to check in. Then go to the bottom of the page and click order now. Then click order history. It should show both orders. Click on the current order and it will list who's getting what color medallion. Mine was coming Ruby and it should be platinum. I can see that it is correct now.

You learn something new everyday. Thank you.

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Can't imagine that working for me as I carry my phone in my front pocket. Seems like it would be an issue.

I carry my phone in my front pocket too - they worked for me.

I have a cruise coming up in 2 weeks. Have set everything up on the old app. I booked another cruise in 2 months. I try to put my new booking in & it says "no booking number found". Do I have to download the new app to enter it? Will my booking in 2 weeks retain all the info I have already put in - I'm green lane if I do?

15 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I have a cruise coming up in 2 weeks. Have set everything up on the old app. I booked another cruise in 2 months. I try to put my new booking in & it says "no booking number found". Do I have to download the new app to enter it? Will my booking in 2 weeks retain all the info I have already put in - I'm green lane if I do?

Time will tell if they disable the old app in early February as planned.  
You can hold onto your old app and just download the new app.  That’s what I did last month and everything transferred over to the new app, even my dinner reservations.  The only problems I had with the old app is it would not allow me to get credit for watching the muster drill so, I simply turned it on again in my old app and that worked.  
Not accepting your booking number was actually a problem with the only app that seemed to resolve itself within a couple of days.  Hopefully, that same issue won’t transfer over to the new app but if it does, just give it a bit of time and that may do the trick.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

...That’s what I did last month and everything transferred over to the new app, even my dinner reservations.  ...

This is a misconception. Neither app actually holds your information, there is nothing to "transfer". The information is kept in databases in some server system located who-knows-where, but not on your phone or in "the app". All the apps do is query the databases to display information to you and then update the databases if you update something.

Many of the problems we're experiencing are because the databases are not correct. Sometimes the same information is kept in multiple locations (a bad practice unless for backup) and the app developers can't be sure which location to use.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

This is a misconception. Neither app actually holds your information, there is nothing to "transfer". The information is kept in databases in some server system located who-knows-where, but not on your phone or in "the app". All the apps do is query the databases to display information to you and then update the databases if you update something.

Many of the problems we're experiencing are because the databases are not correct. Sometimes the same information is kept in multiple locations (a bad practice unless for backup) and the app developers can't be sure which location to use.

Is that why the old app shows me as elite and the new as a blue card ?  Pathetic 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, memoak said:

Is that why the old app shows me as elite and the new as a blue card ?  Pathetic 

No doubt a product of the genius-trust of "Radiqal Gaming, LLC."

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I've downloaded the new app but cannot find anywhere to put in a new cruise. Where can I do that? My Cruise that I had entered on the old app had everything transfer over.

You don’t add a cruise.  You should see your next cruise when you log in.

Sign out.  Then..

The rest of the cruises you have booked, you will need to log in using the booking number of each cruise.  It’s a pita, but they have not responded whether they will load all our cruises on the new App under our profile picture, as in the old App.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1