New Princess App available

iamaqt2

8 minutes ago, MeandMax said:

We are sailing from Barcelona on June 1st, on Sun Princess

Is that going to be the new inaugural cruise now?   The way things are going, maybe the app and the ship will have the problems worked out by then. 

40 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Feb 18 is the word.

Feb 18 was canceled last night, hence my question.  How many more will be canceled?

Edited by h20skibum
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Is that going to be the new inaugural cruise now?   The way things are going, maybe the app and the ship will have the problems worked out by then. 

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Feb 18 is the word.

Nope - JP apparently released the news yesterday that although Princess will be taking delivery of the Sun today, she must remain alongside at the dockyard to allow additional technical work to be completed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Feb 18 was canceled last night, hence my question.  How many more will be canceled?

I had that happen on the inaugural sailing of the Ruby Princess. Unfortunate but nothing can be done. It's still new when you board.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 4:28 PM, victoriaj said:

I have downloaded the New App . I have 2 separate cruises booked 2 different ships one right after the other. On my Old App it was correct with 2 separate booking #'s 2 ships correct. New App now shows only 1 booking #, continuous date for both cruises 1 ship ????  Have tried to contact Princess but as usual no response.

Their App me thinks is totally messed up !!!! So annoying & time wasting !

I also have cruises on 2 different ships that are combined into one long cruise..  First cruise ship (a 6-B2Bs) that ends on 7 May  and the 2nd cruise ship begins on 8 May.  Both the old app and the new app have both cruises listed as one cruise for the dates and the ship listed is  the second cruise ship.  I did contact someone at the Princess 800# and he has medallions ordered for the first cruise and medallions ordered for the second cruise.  This  does shows in the new app but will wait and see if I will get the  medallions for each ship..

Edited by coo359a2

6 hours ago, MeandMax said:

We are sailing from Barcelona on June 1st, on Sun Princess. Using the new App, I am “ready to sail” but my sister cannot get the App to allow her to sign the contract. Any suggestions please?

Make sure that everything else is filled out. The app can be weird and not allow some things if other things aren't completed. Even a missing phone number can cause issues.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Make sure that everything else is filled out. The app can be weird and not allow some things if other things aren't completed. Even a missing phone number can cause issues.

It is much too persnickety for my liking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

The app seems to have been updated!  At least, it's no longer showing all the non-functional "Download Port Guide" links I had. 

I do not see an iOS update yet this month.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:23 PM, PacnGoNow said:

That’s the most important thing.

IT needs to fix your data on the App. 

Let us know. 

Contacted a Princess supervisor in customer relations who couldn't fix it and advised for some pax the App works fine and for others it doesn't. They have paased the issue on to IT but nit holding my breath. Curretly unable to get Ocean Ready on old App. I phoned OceanReady and they also had problems with accessing the booking, not recognising the booking ref but they after some time fidn a back door method of accessing the booking. They also could not process Ocean Ready tasks and have raised a ticket with IT which they say will be fixed in 3-5 days. Princess are not taking dining reservation for Sun Princess for sail dates post March 2024.

• Thanks 2

On 2/14/2024 at 9:50 AM, h20skibum said:

Feb 18 was canceled last night, hence my question.

The whole day ?!?!?

I'm glad I read this.   February with / without a 29 is hard enough!

🙂  <-- for the humor impaired

But seriously ... princess has announced and missed dozens of dates with regard to medallion / app / ships ready, etc.

On 2/13/2024 at 11:30 AM, Sea Hag said:

I had that problem and finally bit the bullet and called. Took a while, but it actually got fixed. 

I don't know the email address, but if somebody provides you with it, you should be sure to list out the booking numbers for all your upcoming cruises. Common sense would say that if they fix it for one, it'll be fixed for all. But common sense doesn't apply here, and the lady on the phone insisted on putting in a ticket for all three of mine. 

Yes I phoned and mine and husband 's fixed next day

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Is there any way to tell in the app when your embarkation time is? They list an activity at 10:30 and the leaving time is 3 pm so I'm assuming it's like 10 am to 2 pm to get on. But I can't see it on the app or website anywhere.

The website personalizer will show you the embarkation times

3 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Is there any way to tell in the app when your embarkation time is? They list an activity at 10:30 and the leaving time is 3 pm so I'm assuming it's like 10 am to 2 pm to get on. But I can't see it on the app or website anywhere.

Once my tabs had a boarding pass tab clicking on it had the QR code and the check-in window times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Go to the Personalizer on the website and then open the Travel Summary. It's in there as a boarding windows as there are no set times now.

2 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Maybe it gets updated closer to the date. It is still 15 days out. All it says is "Depart 3:00pm"

It should be there. It's usually in bold print just after the cabin details etc. Anyway if it says Depart at 3pm I'd be getting there around 11am if you want to board early.

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

It should be there. It's usually in bold print just after the cabin details etc. Anyway if it says Depart at 3pm I'd be getting there around 11am if you want to board early.

My travel summary for april cruise doesn't list embarkation time either, just says  departure time 4pm

6 hours ago, lorri111 said:

My travel summary for april cruise doesn't list embarkation time either, just says  departure time 4pm

Hmm Interesting. I just checked my Travel Summary for the cruise I finished on Monday and after Flights (which I didn't have any) it says "your ship begins boarding at at 12.30pm on Feb 05 and sets sail at 4pm on Feb 05"