New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, Oilers rule said:

I have been looking at the Journal daily ship schedule for the past month as it gets updated closer to our March 6th cruise. It has been updated a couple of times. However, there are still no listings for the Movies Under the Stars. Based on experience, are those usually listed once you are onboard. Thanks in advance for any replies. 

My recent cruises had never shown MUTS in the daily schedule before we embarked but were in the daily event listing once onboard. 

OK, so I guess I'm going to try to get the "new updated" app. Do I need to do anything special or just request an update on the app and hope everything for my October cruise gets transferred over? Will both old and new show on my phone, or just the new one? Thanks from a "not-very-techie" person!

54 minutes ago, konatyme said:

OK, so I guess I'm going to try to get the "new updated" app. Do I need to do anything special or just request an update on the app and hope everything for my October cruise gets transferred over? Will both old and new show on my phone, or just the new one? Thanks from a "not-very-techie" person!

When you open the old app it will ask if you want to get the new app. You can do it from there or you can say "no" and then go to the app store and look for Princess and get the new app that way. I did it that way and have both on my phone at the moment.

Still have both old and new apps on my phone atm as a belts and braces job.

Just booked a cruise for October this year and it shows on the new app, together with our cruise in April and all our previous ones.

1 hour ago, konatyme said:

It shouldn’t matter. But, I would just leave the old app on the phone.

I would go to the App store and download the new app.  You

will see the new one looks different.  It’s a royal blue color without a circle on the App.

5 hours ago, memoak said:

I saw a note that the old app would go away March 8. It did not specify a year. LOL

It says March 8, 2024.  It's right there when you go onto the old app. 

1 hour ago, Solara said:

It says March 8, 2024.  It's right there when you go onto the old app. 

Didn't Princess originally say the beginning of February? However, after checking your comment just now, I do see that the old app definitely states that it will "no longer be available" from March 8, 2024 onwards, and will not be available for use onboard the Sun Princess"

Nice catch on that.

• Like 3

FWIW, today I finally downloaded the new app on my phone, my tablet, and also on my DW's phone.  Everything was exactly where it should be and we are green on all of our 9 upcoming voyages thru March of 2026.  I'm glad we did not have any of the early issues.  Happy Camper here! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

FWIW, today I finally downloaded the new app on my phone, my tablet, and also on my DW's phone.  Everything was exactly where it should be and we are green on all of our 9 upcoming voyages thru March of 2026.  I'm glad we did not have any of the early issues.  Happy Camper here! 🙂

Is your loyalty correct too?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is your loyalty correct too?

The latest version of the new app finally has my loyalty level correct. 

• Like 3

Has anyone had the issue where you’re able to book the dining, but then it’s all cleared off next time you open the app?  I have done this at least 5 times, and just now when I went to redo it again, there are no good dining options available only 8:40pm

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Dang! And I thought my 7 cruises from April this year to November 2025 was a lot. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Osa J said:

Has anyone had the issue where you’re able to book the dining, but then it’s all cleared off next time you open the app?  I have done this at least 5 times, and just now when I went to redo it again, there are no good dining options available only 8:40pm

Before you keep changing or adding it back in, on the App,

first..go on the website version of the App…check DMW and you may see it is shown correctly on the website.  If it is shown there, leave it alone.  
It may correct itself, eventually.

Also, make sure you have the updated version of the new App version 1.1.1. IOS.

You can go to the App store and see if there’s an update.

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Before you keep changing or adding it back in, on the App,

first..go on the website version of the App…check DMW and you may see it is shown correctly on the website.  If it is shown there, leave it alone.  
It may correct itself, eventually.

Also, make sure you have the updated version of the new App version 1.1.1. IOS.

You can go to the App store and see if there’s an update.

I’ve updated the app days ago, and submitted everything through the website too.  The website is actually where I’ve had the most issues of things clearing off.

5 minutes ago, Osa J said:

I’ve updated the app days ago, and submitted everything through the website too.  The website is actually where I’ve had the most issues of things clearing off.

So, the website is the problem of your DMW disappearing?

If so, I’d call in to Princess and pick get Ocean Ready.  Have the correct your DMW.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:28 PM, leck57 said:

My recent cruises had never shown MUTS in the daily schedule before we embarked but were in the daily event listing once onboard. 

We sail on 3/8 and the daily schedule is still empty 😅

Bumbling through the new app looking at DMW options for upcoming cruise and I see that the calendar for Sun Princess shows two new icons, presumably to indicate Port Day versus Sea Day?

image.png.0dd3da4b8fb7a530b697f7b0e0867f77.png

It does not show this for upcoming bookings on Sapphire Princess, but hopefully it's a sign of yet another work-in-progress by the app team.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, the website is the problem of your DMW disappearing?

If so, I’d call in to Princess and pick get Ocean Ready.  Have the correct your DMW.

Well it’s all three that I’ve tried and that don’t work: website, old app and new app.  I’ve called in and done the online chat and they’ve helped me redo them 2 of the 5 or 6 times but then I check back later and they’re cleared off again.  So frustrating!  I don’t know, I guess I’ll just keep redoing it and hope it sticks! 
I wasn’t planning on spending any extra to do specialty restaurants, for main dining room- worst case scenario I can’t set up any reservations, how hard is it to get a table if i just show up?  At an earlier time say around 6?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Well it’s all three that I’ve tried and that don’t work: website, old app and new app.  I’ve called in and done the online chat and they’ve helped me redo them 2 of the 5 or 6 times but then I check back later and they’re cleared off again.  So frustrating!  I don’t know, I guess I’ll just keep redoing it and hope it sticks! 
I wasn’t planning on spending any extra to do specialty restaurants, for main dining room- worst case scenario I can’t set up any reservations, how hard is it to get a table if i just show up?  At an earlier time say around 6?

Welcome to cruise critic!

Are you in the Sun?  If so, that may be the problem.  They are working on DMW on the early sailings.  Since it’s so new, lots of wrinkles.

Have you ben following the Sun thread on here?  If you are, you can see they are opening the reservations slowly.

If you eat early, since it’s in Europe, you will have an easier time with a walkup.

So it may not be the App at all.

Deck 7 is DMW with reservations and Deck 8 is walk up.  Deck 6 is

traditional set dining like 5  & 8, or similar.  You would be able to see that in your new App.  Only from what I’ve read in the Sun thread.

If it’s another ship. LMK

Edited by PacnGoNow

22 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Here’s the Sun thread:

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Welcome to cruise critic!

Are you in the Sun?  If so, that may be the problem.  They are working on DMW on the early sailings.  Since it’s so new, lots of wrinkles.

Have you ben following the Sun thread on here?  If you are, you can see they are opening the reservations slowly.

If you eat early, since it’s in Europe, you will have an easier time with a walkup.

So it may not be the App at all.

Deck 7 is DMW with reservations and Deck 8 is walk up.  Deck 6 is

traditional set dining like 5  & 8, or similar.  You would be able to see that in your new App.  Only from what I’ve read in the Sun thread.

If it’s another ship. LMK

Thanks!  Yes I’ll be on the Sun March 19.  I’ll just keep trying back with the reservations.  I’d really like to have those done ahead of time.  It really is so weird, mid Jan I was able to book the first 10 days, then in Feb they disappeared and I redid them several times, they finally stayed for two weeks or so then disappeared.  Then at the end of Feb I was able to do reservations for the last 10 days and not the first!  Those disappeared and I redid them and now randomly some have stayed and some have cleared off.  Oh well, I’ll check it out later!

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s the Sun thread:

Yes I’ve been following this one too.  Seems a lot of people are able to book theirs so I don’t know whats up with mine.  When I called in they were like “that’s odd…” and couldn’t get it to work either.  Said they’d call me back.  Ha…ha..