Twin beds instead of King configuration

Just now, Cinderellis said:

Hello fellow cruisers.  We depart on the Odyssey in February.  I would like our cabin to have 2 twins vs the king configuration.  We just sleep better this way.  Do I call customer service before our trip?  

Thanks all!

There is a link where you can specify bed arrangement or medical needs. I dont have it saved. Idk if calling actually helps as notes dont seem to get thru. 

Maybe someone has the link. 

• Like 1

Attempt to deal with this prior to boarding as stateroom stewards really don't want to change the arrangement after you board. (But they will do it)

BTW: Another reason to book through a Travel Agent Professional.

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 1

You can use the app to request this after you board (I used it and it worked).

On the home page of the app tap where it says 'tap for boarding tips'

Screenshot_20231227-212729.thumb.png.23f4497e02ca2831d664536cdb4a044e.png

Then scroll down until you find 'stateroom requests are just a tap away'.

Screenshot_20231227-212713.thumb.png.816b929ed981f5da7823adb658fb45cd.png

Tap where it says 'tell us' and that opens up a list of requests, one of which is to separate the beds. 

Note that the link will not work until you are on board and connected to the ship's WiFi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We get an email one (or two?) days before departure, asking us to make any requests such as this.  Years ago we could do so at the time of booking; but now I think they prefer that we wait for that email.

I did get that email a couple of times and then they just stopped. I never needed to use it but I did think it was a good idea.

- I'd be inclined to make a phone call before the cruise begins.  Get it out of the way. 

- At the worst, you can ask the steward to change it once you're onboard the ship, but that means he has to change clean sheets ... making the call is easier for him, and it means your room'll be ready upon arrival. 

- Make one phone call to the Travel Agent vs. make one phone call to the cruise line ... no time savings by using an agent in this situation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KLMB said:

I have always requested in advance, it's on my profile also.  However, they are never separated.  FYI, don't be disappointed, just request again when you get on board. 

Yes, asking the cabin attendant is a last resort. I have known 2 personal situations, where it was asked in advance, but was not done. I don’t blame steward/stewardess, it’s the communication getting the info to them.

44 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Yes, asking the cabin attendant is a last resort. I have known 2 personal situations, where it was asked in advance, but was not done. I don’t blame steward/stewardess, it’s the communication getting the info to them.

2 hours ago, KLMB said:

I have always requested in advance, it's on my profile also.  However, they are never separated.  FYI, don't be disappointed, just request again when you get on board. 

+1

It is on my profile too. 

I don’t blame the steward but in this age of technology I don’t go out of my way to make multiple requests in advance either.

The directive is there. If it isn’t followed I ask on board.

On our recent Symphony cruise, I submitted an online form 2 days in advance. I requested our connecting door to be unlocked and for the bed to be separated in the kids room. Both requests were already done when we got to the cabin. I also got a gallon of distilled water and extension cord that I didn’t request. The link to this form was in an email from Royal two days before departure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cinderellis said:

Hello fellow cruisers.  We depart on the Odyssey in February.  I would like our cabin to have 2 twins vs the king configuration.  We just sleep better this way.  Do I call customer service before our trip?  

Thanks all!

Just tell your cabin attendant when you first meet on the ship. Together is the default but he can separate in minutes, giving you a much larger walk way. In fact, we take a pre-printed list with all of our wishes like, ice daily, evening cabin make up, remove heavy comforters and repace with light blanket, etc.