Utopia 4 day Cruise

hollon

I've only cruised on 7 day cruise. I feel like a 4 day cruise would be too short. BUT, one person hasn't cruised before and wanted to do a 4 day.  So, will we be missing alot, like love and marriage, quest, broadway show, comdiens, etc. What are your thoughts?  

38 minutes ago, hollon said:

I've only cruised on 7 day cruise. I feel like a 4 day cruise would be too short. BUT, one person hasn't cruised before and wanted to do a 4 day.  So, will we be missing alot, like love and marriage, quest, broadway show, comdiens, etc. What are your thoughts?  

I'm booked on a 4 day on utopia. Since the choices were 3 or 4. 4 is better lol. We will just have to get out and around and see what we can see faster lol

We are doing a 7 day on wonder, coming back and 1 day later doing utopia so it's not quite so bad as many are coming from other areas to do this kinda s2s. It will be my first time on wonder too. Lots to take in I hope on both. 

51 minutes ago, TheDawg79 said:

4 days is waaaaaaaaay too short for a first timer on a ship like Utopia. That’s my 2 cents.

and those short cruises end up being party cruises too.  

Never thought they would build a 6th Oasis class.   I sure wish they would have built a 6th Quantum class and NOT sent to pacific area.  

2 hours ago, hollon said:

Just off the Allure 4  night Christmas cruise and have several more 4 nights booked.  Yes they have the Broadway Show (Mama Mia on Allure) and yes they have the Comedy Show.  Don't remember if they had love and marriage but they did have Quest.   NOT a party cruise unless you want to make it so.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and those short cruises end up being party cruises too.  

Usually it's short cheaper cruises. Have you priced utopia?  Costs as much as a 7 day cruise. It might not attract the party crowd as much as you predict. Some are just curious to do a new ship, not party folks necessarily. 

• Like 3

We usually do 7,9 and up to 14, but we had several 4-6 cruises. They are more saturated with events/entertainment, usually younger crowd. You start partying right away, (in a good way. We are not party crowd)

4 hours ago, hollon said:

Even 7 days are feeling too short any more. We did a 5 day then a 4 day over Christmas. Packing and unpacking takes up too much time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Costs as much as a 7 day cruise. It might not attract the party crowd as much as you predict. Some are just curious to do a new ship, not party folks necessarily. 

Yes, those short Utopia cruises are definitely looking like 7 day sailing prices to me as well. I understand why it's priced high. But, just saying, "man Royal, thats a lot for just 4 days", lol. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Usually it's short cheaper cruises. Have you priced utopia?  Costs as much as a 7 day cruise. It might not attract the party crowd as much as you predict. Some are just curious to do a new ship, not party folks necessarily. 

We book a 4 day for 2025 before the latest price rise. Monday-Friday in a non-holiday/vacation/springbreak time of year might reduce the party-hearty crowd a bit.

Just now, crewsweeper said:

We book a 4 day for 2025 before the latest price rise. Monday-Friday in a non-holiday/vacation/springbreak time of year might reduce the party-hearty crowd a bit.

We are booked feb 2025. I'm not sure I can promise the Bella folks arent party folks but the shipmwasnt booked to party... just normal shenanigans. While we are in PC might as well. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just off the Allure 4  night Christmas cruise and have several more 4 nights booked.  Yes they have the Broadway Show (Mama Mia on Allure) and yes they have the Comedy Show.  Don't remember if they had love and marriage but they did have Quest.   NOT a party cruise unless you want to make it so.  

Just off Allure Dec. 15. Yes, they did have Love and Marriage show as well as Quest. Definitely agree with poster, ours was not a party cruise vibe either.   

Edited by FishOn55
Posted before I had finished message.

21 minutes ago, notscb said:

I'm curious about what you feel you'd be missing besides the shows? Most shorter cruises still do the crowd-favorites in terms of entertainment as others have mentioned and confirmed.

It cost us a lot just getting to the ship and back home.  We usually fly in the a day early.  So there is flight and hotel cost.  It's like you are not getting your monies worth when you go on short cruises.  

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 10:48 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

It cost us a lot just getting to the ship and back home.  We usually fly in the a day early.  So there is flight and hotel cost.  It's like you are not getting your monies worth when you go on short cruises.  

I think your point is valid if you don’t live near a port. However, I think shorter cruises are appealing if you live close to a port. I live in Florida and can drive to 4 ports in under 4 hours (I never cruise out of Jacksonville). I have been on a lot of 3 and 4 day cruise over the last 20 years. They are nice little getaways, especially before I retired a little over a year ago. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I agree, we have a 5 day shorty from Galveston so we could get through the year long wait for ICON!  I'd do Utopia any day!  I wouldn't miss any of the stuff you mentioned...been there done that multiple times.  In fact one Quest was all it took.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1